PDA

View Full Version : Race ahead is going to be among Paul, Perry and Romney

moderate libertarian
08-13-2011, 05:57 PM
Of these, Paul imo has the best shot at beating Obama, hopefully GOP will make a smart choice.

Backmann will slide downwards sharply from here on national stage, rest of the runners will stay as dormant as they are now.

Call it a bold prediction but there you have it.

AuH20
08-13-2011, 05:58 PM
Paul and Bachmann are going to fall by the wayside, leaving only Perry and Romney. God help us.

moderate libertarian
08-13-2011, 06:00 PM
Paul and Bachmann are going to fall by the wayside, leaving only Perry and Romney. God help us.

You couldn't be more wrong about Paul's chances and potential ahead.

Who are you supporting by the way?

AuH20
08-13-2011, 06:01 PM
You couldn't be more wrong about Paul's chances and potential ahead.

Who are you supporting by the way?

Paul but he's a severe underdog going into S.C. and Florida.

moderate libertarian
08-13-2011, 06:04 PM

He had started as a "severe underdog" and his momentum upward this election season is greater than any other candidate. Those are tough races but times are very turbulent and others also have severe baggages.

AuH20
08-13-2011, 06:06 PM
He had started as a "severe underdog" and his momentum upward this election season is greater than any other candidate. Those are tough races but times are very turbulent and others also have severe baggages.

But those two states are two places where Ron's message isn't nearly as appreciated as some of the western states. In my opinion, if he can't win Iowa, he's done. I think internally the campaign would admit this as well, especially when you consider the sheer amount of resources they dropped into Iowa.

moderate libertarian
08-13-2011, 06:08 PM
But those two states are two places where Ron's message isn't nearly as appreciated as some of the western states. In my opinion, if he can't win Iowa, he's done. I think internally the campaign would admit this as well, especially when you consider the sheer amount of resources they dropped into Iowa.

With under 200 vote margin, IMO he has effectively won and staged a strong upset.

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-13-2011, 06:09 PM

Baby steps.

Aliangel
08-13-2011, 06:11 PM
I disagree , all we need are more delegates than bachmann , perry, and romney , and considering the split vote, we can easily get enough to be nominated.

moderate libertarian
08-13-2011, 06:13 PM
I disagree , all we need are more delegates than bachmann , perry, and romney , and considering the split vote, we can easily get enough to be nominated.

It's a very tough race ahead for Paul but I agree.

AuH20
08-13-2011, 06:15 PM
Theoretically, if Paul won Iowa, he could win Nevada down the line, but a spark must be lit. When you're the underdog you need to land the first punch. In all likelihood, Romney will win N.H. and Perry S.C.

February 6 – Confirmed date of the Iowa caucuses[12]
February 14 – Expected date of New Hampshire primary
February 18 – Confirmed date of the Nevada caucuses
February 28 - Confirmed date of the South Carolina primary

anaconda
08-13-2011, 06:21 PM
I think it's going to come down to money for Ron. He will continue to be a stark conservative contrast to Romney and Perry, who may split their own votes and leave a real opening for Ron. If not, Ron runs Libertarian and loses it for either of them against Obama. I agree with the prediction that Bachmann will regress. She may have seen her highest polling numbers already.

White Bear Lake
08-13-2011, 07:14 PM
We need to make as strong as stand as possible, if only to lay the groundwork for Rand in 2016.

efiniti
08-13-2011, 07:28 PM

I lol'ed.

sailingaway
08-13-2011, 07:31 PM

Wow, we're fighting a campaign here. Personally, I think Perry is a joke and Ron has his number.

sailingaway
08-13-2011, 07:32 PM
Theoretically, if Paul won Iowa, he could win Nevada down the line, but a spark must be lit. When you're the underdog you need to land the first punch. In all likelihood, Romney will win N.H. and Perry S.C.

If Perry is in or Guiliani, Ron might take NH, because they will split the establishment vote. but I agree he should go for Iowa. Both.

Mahkato
08-13-2011, 07:32 PM

Minnesota's caucus is February 7.

sevin
08-13-2011, 10:37 PM

Save your pessimism for after it's all over. We're trying to get Ron elected here and you're not helping. Why are you even here?

RedLightning
08-13-2011, 10:42 PM

Well you're just Mr. Optimistic aren't you.