PDA

View Full Version : [VIDEO] Ames Straw Poll Results: Bachmann: 28.55% Ron Paul: 27.65% ! Awesome job, Iowa!!!!

Sentient Void
08-13-2011, 05:51 PM
IMO this is probably the best possible outcome. If he won first place they'd ignore the whole thing and say it was 'meaningless'. But now that they'll acknowledge it, it'll be considered by the MSM as more credible and RP will be viewed as a more serious contender.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnDwCFN8T98&feature=player_embedded#at=283

I think RP lost by a mere 150-some-odd votes... less than 1% difference.

Last I heard, Bachmann gave away 6,000 tickets in Iowa, but she only got 4,823 votes. Last I checked, Ron Paul doesn't buy tickets for his supporters, and he came in 2nd, thats what I call a win. Don't know the validity of these statements, though.

Anti Federalist
08-13-2011, 05:52 PM
That ^^^

MozoVote
08-13-2011, 05:57 PM
LOL at the 3 minute mark. "This is exciting" hahahah

anaconda
08-13-2011, 06:02 PM
IMO this is probably the best possible outcome. If he won first place they'd ignore the whole thing and say it was 'meaningless'. But now that they'll acknowledge it, it'll be considered by the MSM as more credible and RP will be viewed as a more serious contender.

You raise a fascinating point that I had not considered. By Bachmann winning the main stream media will aggrandize the event and raise its stature. Paul's razor close 2nd place finish is virtually a tie and Ron gets the benefit of the media's choice to give credibility to the even.

trey4sports
08-13-2011, 06:05 PM
of course it will help, but most on this board are living in a fantasy bubble. Second is not better than first. The local media we could have earned is priceless. I hear ya about being first and then the media would downplay it but frankly that's not what the local, Iowa media, would've done to Paul.

Sentient Void
08-13-2011, 06:06 PM
of course it will help, but most on this board are living in a fantasy bubble. Second is not better than first. The local media we could have earned is priceless. I hear ya about being first and then the media would downplay it but frankly that's not what the local, Iowa media, would've done to Paul.

Disagree. Still, much love.

<3 ! :)

anaconda
08-13-2011, 06:08 PM
Ron Paul with "very little money" says Chris Wallace?

Sentient Void
08-13-2011, 06:11 PM
I *love* the way the Ron Paul 2012 FB page put this...

Bachmann almost LOSES straw poll to Ron Paul!

Muahahahah! That's the best way to spread the results of it, IMO.

anaconda
08-13-2011, 06:13 PM
Holy crap the first thing out of Carl Cameron's mouth was "it's important to note that Bachmann bested Ron Paul only by a couple of hundred votes..."

Nice. Maybe he's feeling guilty over the "electability" question in 2008.

Pro-Life Libertarian
08-13-2011, 06:15 PM
Love the cheering!!!!!!!!!!

anaconda
08-13-2011, 06:15 PM
That dude on the video ignored the question about Ron.

Sentient Void
08-13-2011, 06:19 PM
RP is done with political life after this election cycle. He's not even running for his house seat again. He's done. That's it.

If he doesn't get the republican nomination, I absolutely 100% hope he runs an independent ticket. It would be epic the wrench he would throw into the general election, if not even maybe make a *very* solid run with a damned good chance at being the first independent elected for president.

At the very least, he would frame the debate, as he has done in the past couple presidential elections, and get America and the world thinking more about the role of government.

He has the ability to appeal not only to libertarians, obviously, but many conservatives who hate the repubs now, and many democrats who hate the democrats now. The United States has about as much people registered as independents as republicans or democrats, perhaps even more than repubs now.

Then recent studies have shown that people's opinions *are* getting more libertarian:

http://fivethirtyeight.blo​gs.nytimes.com/2011/06/20/​poll-finds-a-shift-toward-​more-libertarian-views/

As I said, at the very least - he would throw a massive wrench into the r/d machine, as ross perot did - but I believe even mroe effectively so, because of the current political environment, and with the power of the internet, social networking and his passionate grassroots support - which eclipses ross perots.

Oh, and THIS:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/07/110725190044.htm

I am 100% sure we have at least 10% population support for Ron Paul, someone like him, or libertarian ideas in general. We are winning. We will win.

The Era of big Government is on borrowed fucking time. And it couldn't come soon enough.

Dark_Horse_Rider
08-13-2011, 06:19 PM

Last I heard, Bachmann gave away 6,000 tickets in Iowa, but she only got 4,823 votes. Last I checked, Ron Paul doesn't buy tickets for his supporters, and he came in 2nd, thats what I call a win. Don't know the validity of these statements, though.

This ^^^

The qualitive difference between the supporters is crucial.

As the debt based world implodes, let's see who's heart stands firm.

Imaginos
08-13-2011, 06:25 PM
Say whatever you want but for me, 28.55% of Iowa are retarded Kool aid drinkers.
Bachmann? Really?
That thief Bachmann?
Drank too much MSM/Military Industrial Complex/AIPAC Kool aid recently you guys?
Excuse me but I gotta go to puke.

Cleaner44
08-13-2011, 06:28 PM
You know that if Ron Paul had won by only 152 over Bachmann they would have announced 2nd and 3rd place from the stage.

Brooklyn Red Leg
08-13-2011, 06:42 PM

Notice that Mark Strong completely ignored the question about Dr. Paul? What a fucking shithead. I have NO DOUBT that the reason it was not announced who the 2nd Place was had to do with the fuckheads in the party being pissed at Dr. Paul's finish.

White Bear Lake
08-13-2011, 06:50 PM
Say whatever you want but for me, 28.55% of Iowa are retarded Kool aid drinkers.
Bachmann? Really?
That thief Bachmann?
Drank too much MSM/Military Industrial Complex/AIPAC Kool aid recently you guys?
Excuse me but I gotta go to puke.

OR they just really wanted to see some country music and couldn't really care less about the politics.

Imaginos
08-13-2011, 06:50 PM
You know that if Ron Paul had won by only 152 over Bachmann they would have announced 2nd and 3rd place from the stage.
If they keep this up, when Dr. Paul became the president, more than half of the citizen would not even know he is our president because MSM would not even mention his name!

Sola_Fide
08-13-2011, 06:57 PM
RP is done with political life after this election cycle. He's not even running for his house seat again. He's done. That's it.

If he doesn't get the republican nomination, I absolutely 100% hope he runs an independent ticket. It would be epic the wrench he would throw into the general election, if not even maybe make a *very* solid run with a damned good chance at being the first independent elected for president.

At the very least, he would frame the debate, as he has done in the past couple presidential elections, and get America and the world thinking more about the role of government.

He has the ability to appeal not only to libertarians, obviously, but many conservatives who hate the repubs now, and many democrats who hate the democrats now. The United States has about as much people registered as independents as republicans or democrats, perhaps even more than repubs now.

Then recent studies have shown that people's opinions *are* getting more libertarian:

http://fivethirtyeight.blo​gs.nytimes.com/2011/06/20/​poll-finds-a-shift-toward-​more-libertarian-views/

As I said, at the very least - he would throw a massive wrench into the r/d machine, as ross perot did - but I believe even mroe effectively so, because of the current political environment, and with the power of the internet, social networking and his passionate grassroots support - which eclipses ross perots.

Oh, and THIS:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/07/110725190044.htm

I am 100% sure we have at least 10% population support for Ron Paul, someone like him, or libertarian ideas in general. We are winning. We will win.

The Era of big Government is on borrowed fucking time. And it couldn't come soon enough.

I don't think Ron will do it because it would hurt Rand.

Imaginos
08-13-2011, 07:34 PM
Dr. Paul CAN win the nomination.
MSM and the establishment are pulling no punches to stop Dr. Paul but this time, our momentum is very strong and we do have a chance to win.
However, if Grand Oil Party choose other candidate than Dr. Paul, he must run as an independent.
Ask your self this question.
What is difference between Bachmann/Romney and O-Bummer?
Answer: Nothing.
Some of you still think it's ok because Rand will run 2016.
News flash!
America as we know it might not even exist by 2016!
If currency crisis arrived, this country will be absolutely ruined!
Dr. Paul must be in the White House to stop this unfathomable disaster!

pcosmar
08-13-2011, 07:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WninWFtO0Gg

It ain't over, I ain't heard no fat lady.

Pauls' Revere
08-13-2011, 08:05 PM
1% difference is a statistical tie!

Peace&Freedom
08-13-2011, 08:16 PM
The fact that Paul finished WAY ahead of Romney, but in a virtual tie with Bachmann, means the media can't honestly ignore him. How can you talk about the #1 and #3 finishers after this, but not #2? The only way to do it would be to reject the poll vote itself, but that would mean the MSM would have to discount Bachmann winning it, which they DO want to emphasize. So, Paul must end up getting real coverage out of this.

As for Paul's intentions should he be cheated out of the nomination, I have it on authority of a LRC contributor/insider (who spoke at our county LP meeting today) that Paul is very likely to run as an independent. He doesn't mention it now because he doesn't want to be seen as a possible Republican spoiler, and lose votes in the GOP primaries as a result.

Carehn
08-13-2011, 08:19 PM
Ya guys. I think this was good today. Would like to have seen a win but this is good and I have heard Pauls name maybe 3 times more them Bachmanns in the last 3 hours or so. Its as if we did win.

anaconda
08-14-2011, 02:55 AM

Yes. The announcement procedure should have been clarified beforehand. Actually, what did they do in 2007?

anaconda
08-14-2011, 03:04 AM

I agree with you. Oddly, this is the hugest pink elephant in the forum that no one wants to talk about. I guess since we're focused on the Republican nomination that is appropriate. But it is also a huge pink elephant in the media. Ron Paul can almost certainly deprive the Republican nominee (if it's not Ron) of a general election win and continue to frame the debate by magnitudes. Furthermore, it is essential that no RHINO win the White House in 2012 if Rand is to have an opportunity in 2016. I believe this has been part of the plan for some time now. I am very confident that Ron will run 3rd Party if he does not get the nomination.

Only caveat is "sore loser" laws which I am terribly uninformed about.

Esoteric
08-14-2011, 03:09 AM
Ron Paul with "very little money" says Chris Wallace?

lol.. wallace's mind has about a 6 year lag time. He's clueless.

MozoVote
08-14-2011, 06:30 AM
Taking off my Paul hat for a minute. Watching this and seeing the winner announced, and NOBODY else, felt very strange. I have never seen an election handled like that. The FOX panelists seemed bufuddled too. Heck, doesn't even the Miss America pageant have a "runner up?"

I bet a lot of Paul votes walked out of there with a suspicious feeling about how the announcement was handled.

LiBeRtY4Eva
08-14-2011, 06:46 AM
I'm telling you, we can do this. I was watching a video with Alex Jones on youtube talking about how th establishment is afraid of Ron Paul. I couldn't agree more. They are afraid of what could be. They are afraid to know that Ron Paul could actually become our next president of the United States of America. Keep fighting. We need to keep chanting. More & more people are begining to realize how real Ron Paul is. We can never lower the volume of our voices. Spread the message, it's your 1st Ammendment right to do so. End the Fed!

Kords21
08-14-2011, 06:54 AM
I think the even the fox crew was a little surprised at how the result was announced. I don't know how it's been announced in the past, but the announcer seemed to want to get out of there in a hurry. There may have been some questionable stuff going though, saw this:

http://www.federaljack.com/?p=96347

Either way, I think the official results coming out the way they did helped our cause more than coming in first and having the whole thing discredited. Now they have to give some credit even though there seems to be a media blackout on Ron Paul coming in 2nd.