PDA

View Full Version : Iowa GOP Chairman Matt Strawn Tries to Hide Ron Pauls' Strong Iowa Straw Poll Showing

Agorism
08-13-2011, 05:44 PM
Iowa GOP Chairman Matt Strawn Tries to Hide Ron Pauls' Strong Iowa Straw Poll Showing

http://www.wakeup1776.com/2011/08/iowa-gop-chairman-matt-strawn-tries-to.html

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-7vlyc0BrEi4/TkcAwv7yNKI/AAAAAAAAAPQ/_JrG0y0UGrY/s1600/Iowa+GOP+Chairman.jpg

libertybrewcity
08-13-2011, 05:45 PM
get someone better in. I'm happy we have a strong leg in the Iowa Central Committee. Now we need to takeover the rest of the leadership.

smartguy911
08-13-2011, 05:50 PM
Fox and other news channels still covered 2nd and 3rd place. No need to waste your energy on this guy.

Darin
08-13-2011, 05:51 PM
I thought this was weird while watching. Hear the guys on Fox at the end say "That's it?!" - Both Fox and MSNBC were scrambling and confused, and you could tell they weren't happy with it. Also I don't know how these things work, but don't they usually show a percentage? If they had, it would've showed as essentially a tie.

But I didn't mind... it put more emphasis on trying to figure out who came in second... and then they had to stop talking for a second because a Ron Paul chant broke out.

I just saw Matt Strawn on MSNBC, and they asked him about Ron Paul. He said the campaign was very organized and exceeded their goal of doubling their numbers from last time. He said the caucus will be about organization. He mentioned the Campaign for Liberty. Seemed to have good things to say.

- Darin

justatrey
08-13-2011, 05:57 PM
In 2007, they announced the full results as you would expect: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM5Lp0zIo9M

This was nothing more than a slap in our faces. Oh well, at this point we should be used to it. I've been switching between the msm news channels, and they do at least seem to be giving Ron a decent amount of coverage.

Agorism
08-13-2011, 05:58 PM
This guy guy is a shill for Perry. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?308353-Video-PRESS-Pass-with-Iowa-State-GOP-Chair-Matt-Strawn)

I posted a thread about it earlier.

Kevin_Kennedy
08-13-2011, 06:01 PM
Oh well, we're still getting good press out of this.

Agorism
08-13-2011, 06:02 PM
Well this guy will be running for reelection like Sue Lowden in that Senate primary.

No reason not to return the favor.

Sola_Fide
08-13-2011, 06:38 PM
Email?

Ranger29860
08-13-2011, 06:40 PM
Email?

Yes i want this and office number if possible :) I have very cordial message to leave him.

sailingaway
08-13-2011, 06:43 PM
He wants Perry, people who know who Perry really is and STILL want him, are thuggish that way.

sailingaway
08-13-2011, 06:44 PM
Yes i want this and office number if possible :) I have very cordial message to leave him.

Please don't. WE look bad when we spam them regardless of how badly they act. It gives them excuses. Ron had a great day, got major good will as the homemade entry that actually won over the headliner band draw, and let's not mess that up.

ForLibertyFight
08-13-2011, 06:45 PM
What a tool

Bama Boy
08-13-2011, 06:54 PM
It was better that he didn't. There would have been alot of Boos when the announced RP's vote. At least Fox showed the vote totals.

nobody's_hero
08-13-2011, 06:55 PM
Are we jumping to conclusions? That's a pretty strong accusation.

Watch the announcement video. He stated the results and didn't look all that enthusiastic about Bachmann winning, either. I think Dr. Spock could learn a thing or two about stoicism from the IOWA chariman.

trey4sports
08-13-2011, 06:57 PM
Are we jumping to conclusions? That's a pretty strong accusation.

Watch the announcement video. He stated the results and didn't look all that enthusiastic about Bachmann winning, either. I think Dr. Spock could learn a thing or two about stoicism from the IOWA chariman.

yes.

He had nice things to say about Paul tonight on FNC, people just want a scapegoat.

Bama Boy
08-13-2011, 07:00 PM
The GOP chairman was fair with Ron Paul and all the candidates over the past 2 weeks. Focus your energy on winning voters or contributing to Ron Paul's campaign. Harassing this guy is a MAJOR counterproductive waste of time!

nobody's_hero
08-13-2011, 07:01 PM
yes.

He had nice things to say about Paul tonight on FNC, people just want a scapegoat.

That's what Im' thinking.

--------------------------------------

Please do not harass the IOWA GOP Chairman. If anything, thank him for a well conducted straw vote and leave it at that.

--------------------------------------

satchelmcqueen
08-13-2011, 08:57 PM
just called and left him a message. ill post if he calls me back.

Bama Boy
08-13-2011, 08:59 PM
just called and left him a message. ill post if he calls me back.

Terrible idea. Especially if you are not an Iowan voter.