PDA

View Full Version : Should Ron Kamikaze Perry in the Next Debate?

AuH20
08-13-2011, 05:43 PM
If anything, Ron needs to go after Perry and hard. After all, he's a resident of Texas.

moderate libertarian
08-13-2011, 05:46 PM
No need, others will. His primary competition at this stage is not Ron Paul.

purplechoe
08-13-2011, 06:59 PM
I would like him to call out Bachmann on her isolationist comment she made about Ron today...

wgadget
08-13-2011, 07:01 PM
I understand Perry is not that great at debate. Prolly why he opted out in Ames.

monte
08-13-2011, 07:02 PM
I would like him to call out Bachmann on her isolationist comment she made about Ron today...
What did she say?

acptulsa
08-13-2011, 07:05 PM
No. Ron Paul should stick to the Reagan Doctrine. Ron Paul should ever remain a gentleman of the old school. Ron Paul should educate. Ron Paul should keep his pristine self above the fray.

Telling the truth about Scary Perry is our job. And we'll enjoy it, too.

Verrater
08-13-2011, 07:11 PM
No, but Ron needs something to make him stand out from the crowd.

AuH20
08-13-2011, 07:12 PM
I don't know but Ron needs something to make him stand out from the crowd.

Perry needs to be thwarted at the very least. If Ron can't win, he needs to make life miserable for Perry.

pcosmar
08-13-2011, 07:13 PM
Just hand Perry some ammo and let him shoot himself in the foot.

pcosmar
08-13-2011, 07:13 PM

He already does. He has no equal.

Verrater
08-13-2011, 07:25 PM
He already does. He has no equal.

Yeah to us, that's why we support him. His issues aren't getting him out there enough in my opinion.
I just think a little more show is in order is all.
Of course i'm not a campaign advisor and i know it.
I just hope they have a good future strategy, shit is getting serious.

acptulsa
08-13-2011, 07:38 PM
Yeah to us, that's why we support him. His issues aren't getting him out there enough in my opinion.

He does stand out. And I don't know how you can say his issues get him no attention when it causes the entirety of the Establishment Media convulsions every day.

Ron Paul needs to continue to be Ron Paul. He and we have just gotten to the point where folks see the great positive nature of his message--his is not a faith in authority, but a deep and abiding faith in the American People and their ability to do great things if authority is smart enough not to stand in their way. This is the breakthrough we have been working for these last four years while you were sleeping.

Yes, it's getting serious now. But we didn't get to where it was serious because Ron Paul listened to the Do Business As Usual trolls. We became serious by doing that for him, and letting him be The Beacon of American Greatness. And that's what we must continue to do at all costs, now that this shining beacon is finally beginning to get noticed.

January 2013. That's the date when we need to be stopping to celebrate. Until then, attacking the establishment candidates is our job, so Paul can do what he did this morning and laugh them off--and appear confident, statesmanlike, gracious and presidential in the process.

Reagan said, 'Speak not ill of a fellow Republican.' And just look where that got him. We are the grassroots. We have the access tot he mud. Leave our spotless man above the fray.

AJ187
08-13-2011, 07:43 PM

How about getting us out of all these god forsaken wars on the first day of office. Geeze, he sticks out like a fricken sore thumb if you ask me. THAT is a policy that the other candidates can not replicate.

libertyfanatic
08-13-2011, 07:46 PM
Ron Paul needs to brag about receiving the most donations from active military and predicting the economic collapse.

flightlesskiwi
08-13-2011, 07:49 PM
Reagan said, 'Speak not ill of a fellow Republican.' And just look where that got him. We are the grassroots. We have the access tot he mud. Leave our spotless man above the fray.

this is where the Revolution PAC will come into play. i don't have insider information, but the guys in charge of the PAC are VERY good at expressing the facts and i have no doubt they will be expressing facts about opposing candidates in a very interesting manner.

cindy25
08-13-2011, 07:51 PM
concentrate on IRS Agent Bachmann.

Sentient Void
08-13-2011, 08:03 PM
*This* is what we need to spread around.

That amongst *TEXANS* - TEXANS prefer a President Ron Paul over a President Rick Perry. This is particularly interesting because they are used to Ron Paul being a representative there, and Rick Perry being the governor of the whole state - yet they prefer Paul as president over Perry.

http://www.khou.com/news/Presidential-frontrunner-in-Texas-Ron-Paul-tops-Rick-Perry--122506969.html

Romulus
08-13-2011, 08:05 PM
Perry needs to be thwarted at the very least. If Ron can't win, he needs to make life miserable for Perry.

I didn't think I'd hear the 'Ron cant win' meme from a member here....

He CAN win.

Carehn
08-13-2011, 08:08 PM
NO. Perry is Un-electable and should be ignored.

AuH20
08-13-2011, 08:11 PM

I disagree. i think he's the prohibitive favorite for the following reasons:

(1) he's a governor
(2) he's a darling of the mainstream conservative media
(3) he has a huge contingent of Bush boosters waiting in the wings so money is not a problem
(4) anti-Obama hysteria will diminish his negative characteristics
(5) he will tap into the religious right

willwash
08-13-2011, 08:16 PM
Ron doesn't need to go on the attack. Others always attack him, which gives him his best moments to shine. Ghouliani attacked him in May 07. Huckleberry attacked him in the fall of 07. Juan McCain attacked him in January '08, and Sanitorium attacked him just last night. The other guys make themselves look like asses and Ron's ideas get more coverage. With Paul's increasing momentum, we can expect more shots at him in debates.

mello
No need, others will. His primary competition at this stage is not Ron Paul.

If Ron does it, he will get more talk time because the debate moderator will let him reply. It happened with Pawlenty & Bachmann and it happened with Paul & Santorum.

TroySmith
Perry and Bachmann will dilute one another I think especially among the social conservatives. I honestly don't expect Perry to pan out. I suspect it will still be a three way fight between Paul/Bachmann/Romney.

willwash
08-13-2011, 08:18 PM
Perry and Bachmann will dilute one another I think especially among the social conservatives. I honestly don't expect Perry to pan out. I suspect it will still be a three way fight between Paul/Bachmann/Romney.

I think the best we can hope for for the next 6 months or so is a 4 way race with Paul, Bachmann, Perry and Romney.

Romulus
08-13-2011, 08:23 PM

Its been long said that Perry was the Bilderberg nominee... he will be in the final 3... he needs to be our top priority right now.

axiomata
08-13-2011, 10:57 PM
It is interestingly to see that Perry is the only candidate in the last two elections that Paul has really addressed in an offensive way.

wannaberocker
08-13-2011, 11:00 PM
Perry is a jackass and Ron should expose him for being one.

AuH20
08-13-2011, 11:25 PM
It is interestingly to see that Perry is the only candidate in the last two elections that Paul has really addressed in an offensive way.

That is extremely telling. Ron knows firsthand how dangerous he is.

Verrater
08-13-2011, 11:33 PM
This is the breakthrough we have been working for these last four years while you were sleeping.

:rolleyes:
At least clarify my point before you go off on a nonsensical ramble please.

I am entitled to my opinion, and I say he hasn't been standing out enough based on my observations of people i know. The way i see it, his diversity of issues is great and it makes Ron Paul, Ron Paul and I wouldn't want it any other way. But these things alone don't make him stand out of the current field of suits to the average non-politically engaged voter.

I've heard more people talking about Cain not being a politician than Ron not voting for the patriot act. I am talking about being an attention getter. That's it. I'm not saying Ron should change into a neocon or anything of the sort. Your extrapolation of that from me saying "he doesn't stand out enough" is really really stretching it.

I hate to break it to you, but your average American is a pragmatist not an idealist and watches a lot of television. Snip-its, sound bites, and political platitudes dominate their world. No matter how great Ron's record is or how great his issue stances are, it won't make a damn bit of difference to some people because they are looking for something else. That is a cold hard disgusting fact.

I'm not his campaign organizer or an advisor and I assume you aren't either.
So I guess neither of our opinions really matter, huh?

A. Havnes
08-14-2011, 09:29 AM
No. Ron Paul should stick to the Reagan Doctrine. Ron Paul should ever remain a gentleman of the old school. Ron Paul should educate. Ron Paul should keep his pristine self above the fray.

There are ways to "attack" without directly calling someone out and going for the jugular.

affa
08-14-2011, 12:43 PM
Perry appeared on the scene from nowhere in a media-contrived blitz of promotion. he'll likely fall soon.

hmm. I just noticed RP's initials are also RP. I don't like that.

sailingaway
08-14-2011, 12:45 PM
Ron Paul has Perry's number. Ron knows what to do with Perry. Don't worry about this.

LibertyEagle
08-14-2011, 12:48 PM

heh heh. :D

LibertyEagle
08-14-2011, 12:51 PM

That would be a HUGE and disastrous mistake.

payme_rick
08-14-2011, 01:05 PM
To those underestimating Perry: don't!

This POS can pull from every pocket of the republican voter-base, from moderate on up to the Tea-conned Party... He's "the one"...

AuH20
08-14-2011, 01:14 PM
To those underestimating Perry: don't!

This POS can pull from every pocket of the republican voter-base, from moderate on up to the Tea-conned Party... He's "the one"...

Perry will destroy what's left of the republican party if he becomes president. And he's liable to start WW3 to boot.