PDA

View Full Version : Bachman, Paul, Pawlenty

Eryxis
08-13-2011, 04:46 PM
1,2,3... Apparently just a few hundred votes from first.

iamse7en
08-13-2011, 04:49 PM
Pisses me off. Only chance to send a message and actually win something. It's meaningless, but there's no way we can win a real primary.

Magicman
08-13-2011, 04:49 PM
It seems if more people put in the time phone banking that they spent on this website we could've easily been first....oh well.

propanes
08-13-2011, 04:52 PM
Ron is 2nd place by 152 votes.

robert9712000
i wouldnt be to upset,i see it as a learning tool for ron pauls campaign.Only george bush has won the ames poll and the republican nomination , so maybe itll be bachmans high in the campaign and she goes down hill from here.Especially with perry in the race

Brett85
Pisses me off. Only chance to send a message and actually win something. It's meaningless, but there's no way we can win a real primary.

This may actually end up being better. If Ron had won it outright, they would've dismissed the results and said the straw poll was "a joke." This way, Ron will still get attention in the media but the neo-cons won't get to trash the straw poll event

AuH20
08-13-2011, 04:53 PM
This may actually end up being better. If Ron had won it outright, they would've dismissed the results and said the straw poll was "a joke." This way, Ron will still get attention in the media but the neo-cons won't get to trash the straw poll event

They're still trashing the poll. They hate Bachmann as well. Every dumb fool is inexplicably hitched to Perry's train.

Eryxis
08-13-2011, 04:54 PM
Fox makes me sick... Oh yeah, that second place guy is still a nobody.

pcosmar
08-13-2011, 04:55 PM

Not really.
A big win for the message.
Bachmann won on Ron's talking points, but her record doesn't even stand up.
Ron placed a close second, Still top tier. and has the long term consistency.

But the message can not be ignored.

Kords21
08-13-2011, 05:26 PM
Let's see how Bachman handles the pressure of being a frontrunner. I think it's a good thing that Dr. Paul finished as high as he did losing by less than 200 votes, the media can't exactly say it means nothing. Either way, the media was going to marginalize Dr. Paul, at least this way we get some credibility. I really think the more pressure Bachman is under, the quicker she fades away. This was her "hometown", she gave away a lot more tickets than the Paul campaign and just barely eeked out a first place finish. Now things get interesting.

MozoVote
08-13-2011, 05:29 PM
I think we're going to see round 2 of this battle at the caucus, if Perry continues to snub Iowa. Romney does not appear to have good infrastructure from 2007 and I doubt will make a strong play for the state.

If Pawlenty cannot win the caucus, he is done. People just cannot seem to warm up to this guy.

mwkaufman
08-13-2011, 05:50 PM
Pawlenty is done already. He's not staying in to the caucus. Iowa will be Bachmann/Perry/Paul in some order and then Romney.

wgadget
08-13-2011, 06:56 PM
I think we're going to see round 2 of this battle at the caucus, if Perry continues to snub Iowa. Romney does not appear to have good infrastructure from 2007 and I doubt will make a strong play for the state.

If Pawlenty cannot win the caucus, he is done. People just cannot seem to warm up to this guy.

Perry will be in Waterloo, Iowa, right along with Ms. Iowa Straw Poll. It's her hometown.

Bachmann is scary, but Perry is downright evil.

BTW...Did Perry KNOW that Bachmann would win?

acptulsa
08-13-2011, 07:02 PM

Bull$#!+

Where's Romney? About to head to a state where he's considered a Masshole, that's where.

Where's Bachmann? Zero point nine percentage points ahead of 'Teh Fringe', that's where.

Where's Pawlenty? Who cares?

Where's Golden Boy Scary Perry? Overshadowed to the point of making all his Texas Wonder hype meaningless.

And where are we? On the stage. Irrelevant no more. About to shove 'unelectable' down their throats.

This night is the turning point of the revolution. The work has only begun, my friends, but the path is finally cleared and open to us.

No way we can win a real primary? Watch us.

pcosmar
08-13-2011, 07:05 PM
Perry will be in Waterloo, Iowa,

Waterloo ??
How appropriate !

McBell
08-13-2011, 07:05 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-MbeR2B5rTGo/Tb6uIC1GYZI/AAAAAAAAAGQ/oVJC-67stUA/s320/Huckabee_stern.jpg