PDA

View Full Version : Regardless of placement some things we won today

sailingaway
08-13-2011, 03:52 PM
http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2011-08/302086280-13132317.jpg

1. Media for Ron

Many more people have looked into him today. Had it been 'known' he would win, he'd have gotten the dismissive stories with Perry leading that Fox was already starting to trot out.

As it was the close race and the interest in that kept interest in the straw poll high with mega multiples of stories focusing on Ron in a positive way.

Twitter

For a good part of the day Ron was trending in the top 10 nationally. People WILL be talking about this, realizing he is a contender and looking him up. Cain was also trending. Perry wasn't.

Google

Ron has been in the top 20 of Google Trends since the debate. Today he started at about 16 then went up to 7 and I don't know what it is right now.

People are paying attention, it is being driven home that he is a top candidate in this forum, at least.

Oh, and Perry wasn't in the top 20 of Google trends, either.

Good will

I'm reading a lot of media, and while Fox is pushing Bachmann 'to be eclipsed by Perry'.... other media outlets including those in Iowa....aren't. Ron is getting a bunch of sympathetic media.

Expectations

Ours were up, today, but for most people, until two days ago Ron was grouped with Cain at best for support. Assuming the results play out with Ron and Bachmann at the top by some margin beneath them, I think that will change.

Also, expectations were that Bachmann would cruise to a win. And she didn't, assuming she won. Even with Randy Travis, and I'm sure people knew if they went to see Randy Travis or her. Whereas most beyond us had no expectations of Ron.

So.... we'll find out the results of the straw poll soon enough, but a lot of good was gained for Ron today.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-14-2011, 08:46 PM
Don't forget knowledge. The people who did Ames this time will know how to do Ames when / if another liberty president runs in 2016 or 2020.