PDA

View Full Version : Who Dresses Ron Paul?

AGRP
08-13-2011, 11:06 AM
http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/UpR1O9FdnItMJnK4PWFQRA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD02MTI7cT04NTt3PTQyMg--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/21488e110a9fac12f50e6a706700df16.jpg

TheViper
08-13-2011, 11:09 AM
He does.

Which is refreshing in that he doesn't have a group of wardrobe people that spend 10 hours a day selecting the right tie for a 2 minute interview.

AGRP
08-13-2011, 11:11 AM
He does.

Which is refreshing in that he doesn't have a group of wardrobe people that spend 10 hours a day selecting the right tie for a 2 minute interview.

I think it would be wise to find a couple Ron Paul fans who are fashion majors/grads/etc and would love to volunteer.

JK/SEA
08-13-2011, 11:13 AM
Hey, he's at a frickin' State Fair...let it hang brother!......is that ketch-up on his shirt?...lol..

TheViper
08-13-2011, 11:17 AM
Why? He looks like every day out there. That's part of his message. We don't need to him look like millionaire/Hollywood types like Parry and Romney.

http://lynnrockets.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/ron-paul.jpg

From his shoes to his posture...this says humble. It says, I empathize with you because I am one of you.

I look at Romney in a fancy suit and think, "Smug. A representation of what is destroying our country."

You start trying to change Ron, and you remove him from his message. Even minute things like wardrobe.

VoluntaryAmerican
08-13-2011, 11:23 AM
Looks like a President to me.

wgadget
08-13-2011, 11:24 AM
I don't care what an honest, freedom-loving President looks like...OR how old he is.

erowe1
08-13-2011, 11:53 AM
I think it would be wise to find a couple Ron Paul fans who are fashion majors/grads/etc and would love to volunteer.

Why? Is there something wrong with how he's dressed?

Wineman77
08-13-2011, 12:06 PM
Ha! Just saw him on stage at Ames and my wife asked if he stole his shirt off a scarecrow.

moderate libertarian
08-13-2011, 12:07 PM
Dress is non issue. This pic is fine but media slant in some pics choice and angle is obvious though.

By the way, did any MSM post pics of Michelle Bachmann and her husband with those special treats in their mouths that Telegraph and Reuters published yesterday?

I don't know where that funny thread went, it was here last night.

Guitarzan
08-13-2011, 12:13 PM
Rick Perry is well-dressed. And I'm fighting an internal desire to vote for him because of it...:rolleyes:

AGRP
08-13-2011, 12:22 PM
Marketing can be a cruel world, but at the end of the day you win.

Hate slime balls like Frank Luntz all you want, but he gets the votes for Fox News.

erowe1
08-13-2011, 12:25 PM

Hate slime balls like Frank Luntz all you want, but he gets the votes for Fox News.

I don't follow any of this. Are RP's clothes somehow bad marketing?

It's not the MTV straw poll he's trying to win here.

moderate libertarian
08-13-2011, 12:34 PM

In normal times, superficial things/appearnces matter a lot in American political culture. These are desperate times, those marketing facades while still relevant for some but not nearly as important as ideas/stances for many many people.

erowe1
08-13-2011, 12:47 PM
In normal times, superficial things/appearnces matter a lot in American political culture. These are desperate times, those marketing facades while still relevant for some but not nearly as important as ideas/stances for many many people.

Eh. I still don't see what's wrong with his clothes.

But I'm pretty leery of the old "This election will be different" line. People say it every time, and they're wrong every time.

DeadheadForPaul
08-13-2011, 01:29 PM
I don't follow any of this. Are RP's clothes somehow bad marketing?

It's not the MTV straw poll he's trying to win here.

Let's not be naive.

Voters - particularly women voters - are more inclined to vote for fashionable and attractive candidates.

They use the term "more presidential looking", but that's not what they really mean

FreedomProsperityPeace
08-13-2011, 01:42 PM
I think he looks good for the occasion. He looked like an Iowan during his speech. That's a much stronger, subconscious message than screaming Iowa over and over.

devil21
08-13-2011, 01:42 PM
http://www.amestrib.com/articles/2011/08/13/ames_tribune/news/doc4e43ea9d7b526101653707.txt

“I might say, ‘your tie is crooked,’” Carol Paul said, with a laugh. “He is not interested in fashion … you have to fight him a little bit there.

“But, he cares about ideas. It is our country, and we want to leave something that our children will enjoy. We had the luxury of living many years with a lot of freedom, and we could see the freedom eroding. You can do almost anything if you think it is going to make a difference.”

erowe1
08-13-2011, 01:46 PM
Let's not be naive.

Voters - particularly women voters - are more inclined to vote for fashionable and attractive candidates.

They use the term "more presidential looking", but that's not what they really mean

So again, what's wrong with how RP's dressed?

And from the vantage point of normal people who vote in Republican primaries.

bunklocoempire
08-13-2011, 01:49 PM
Let's not be naive.

Depends on the woman. I've pointed to Paul's comfortable shoes to a few of the women in my family and they liked it. Put a smile on their face.

Seriously.

Bunkloco

Carehn
08-13-2011, 02:06 PM
This country must move beyond picking candidates based at all on how they look. If we are not there yet then he will not win anyway. People don't support paul because of how he looks. I would vote for a crab man if his political stance and record was that of pauls.

flightlesskiwi
08-13-2011, 02:17 PM
his clothes are appropriate for the occasion. he is at a state fair for gravy's sakes!

if the man loses because of his wardrobe, then it just proves this nation is doomed to fail*.

*it very well may be.

pacelli
08-13-2011, 02:28 PM
I thought the question meant, "Who HERE dresses Ron Paul?" Well, I'm dressing Ron Paul right now. Sitting in an airport waiting for my flight to munich, proudly wearing a RP2012 campaign hat. On the day of the straw poll, when televisions are focusing on it, I felt it would be a good idea to do show some grassroots support. We're everywhere.

AGRP
08-13-2011, 02:40 PM
You can have all the honesty, integrity, brains, and facts in the world.

You will not get a date for the prom wearing coke bottle glasses, flood pants, and a pocket protector.

Don't shoot the messenger.

erowe1
08-13-2011, 02:41 PM
You can have all the honesty, integrity, brains, and facts in the world.

You will not get a date for the prom wearing coke bottle glasses, flood pants, and a pocket protector.

Don't shoot the messenger.

This is a confusing thread.

Are you talking about some other picture of RP? Because he's not wearing any of those things in the one in the OP.

RyanRSheets
08-13-2011, 02:42 PM
http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/UpR1O9FdnItMJnK4PWFQRA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD02MTI7cT04NTt3PTQyMg--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/21488e110a9fac12f50e6a706700df16.jpg

I think it's obvious he could use a new suit and shoes for debates and stuff, but I think he should keep doing what is doing in this picture. It has a charm to it that people will vote for, it makes me feel like he's just some sweet old man who legitimately cares, and that is the truth that needs to be sold.

Johnny Appleseed
08-13-2011, 03:23 PM
suits are whats wrong with this country...

Philhelm
08-13-2011, 03:27 PM
I had thought that Chuck Norris dresses Ron Paul. Somewhat related, Ron Paul dresses down Santorum.