PDA

View Full Version : Widow: After 8 deployments, Army Ranger takes own life

Brooklyn Red Leg
08-13-2011, 02:02 AM
By Keith Eldridge (KeithE@komonews.com) Published: Aug 12, 2011 at 6:41 PM PDT

JOINT BASE LEWIS MCCHORD, Wash. - A soldier's widow says his fellow Army Rangers wouldn't do anything to help him before he took his own life - after eight deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan.

The Army found Staff Sgt. Jared Hagemann's body at a training area of Joint Base Lewis McChord a few weeks ago.

A spokesman for the base tells KOMO News that the nature of the death is still undetermined. But Staff Sgt. Hagemann's widow says her husband took his own life - and it didn't need to happen.

"It was just horrible. And he would just cry," says Ashley Hagemann.

Ashley says her husband Jared tried to come to grips with what he'd seen and done on his eight deployments in Iraq and Afghanistan.

"And there's no way that any God would forgive him - that he was going to hell," says Ashley. "He couldn't live with that any more."

Ashley says her Army Ranger husband wanted out of the military.

"He just wanted to know what it felt like to be normal again," she says.

Staff Sgt. Hagemann had orders to return to Afghanistan this month for a ninth tour of duty.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/127623973.html

:mad:

God-fucking-damnit!

I can't help bu think of Apocalypse Now...

Willard (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000640/): [voice-over] It's a way we had over here for living with ourselves. We cut 'em in half with a machine gun and give 'em a Band-Aid. It was a lie. And the more I saw them, the more I hated lies.

moderate libertarian
08-13-2011, 02:11 AM
A very sad milestime Drudge reported today.

08/12/2011
Army suicides hit record in July

By Greg Jaffe
The U.S. Army suffered a record 32 suicides in July, the most since it began releasing monthly figures in 2009.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/checkpoint-washington/post/army-suicides-hit-record-in-july/2011/08/12/gIQAPWaQBJ_blog.html

purplechoe
08-13-2011, 02:18 AM
this has been a big deal for a long time now, I can't even imagine what kind of psychological disorders these soldiers are coming back with... :(

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-13-2011, 02:20 AM
It's criminal what happens to these soldiers. The stories that make me shake my head the most is when a civilian or two die, then the soldier goes to jail for murder. I never see bomber pilots being tried for killing thousands of civilians.

Lafayette
08-13-2011, 02:29 AM
This is sad, whats worse are comments from people on this story like the one below...

"9 tours of duty to Iraq and Afghanistan while we have a plethura of 18-25 year olds with no service experience at all is unacceptable.... I really wish the draft would be re-instated."

Fuck you, you go to Iraq ill pay for the fucking ticket myself!

purplechoe
08-13-2011, 02:42 AM

lets start a chip-in...

olehounddog
08-13-2011, 03:14 AM
The Sponsor A Warmonger Program chip-in

V4Vendetta
08-13-2011, 03:19 AM
I don't have the words - God have mercy on his wife

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-13-2011, 03:49 AM
What happened to the old days when the king would fight with his army? I don't see King Obama out there with a gun.

AFPVet
08-13-2011, 04:00 AM
What happened to the old days when the king would fight with his army? I don't see King Obama out there with a gun.

"Why do they always send the poor?" —Rage Against the Machine.

lynnf
08-13-2011, 06:30 AM
let's see, checklist before a Chinese invasion of the US

buy up ports around the New World...... check
steal military secrets and build up army.. check
build aircraft carriers ............check
dump the US economy .............check
elect a commie as President ..............check
break the back of US military ..............check
build military routes from Mexico ............almost check

wow, things are goind really well ..... for the other side, that is.

Acala
08-13-2011, 07:03 AM
These statistic don't tell even a fraction of the story. The DOD only reports suicide while in service but the REAL problems don't start until the returning vet tries to return to a normal civilian life. Even then, it often takes a decade for the PTSD to cause them to become dysfunctional. So there are thousands of suicides that should be attributed to our world empire that are going unreported. And the walking wounded number ten times that. Never forget this when the chicken hawks speak.

DanielF17
08-13-2011, 07:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUpL6szrCQ

belian78
08-13-2011, 08:38 AM
"Why do they always send the poor?" —System of a Down: BYOB

fixed for you. :D

flightlesskiwi
08-13-2011, 08:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUpL6szrCQ

freaking UGH... 50 million dollars to study suicide triggers?? sure, just throw money at the problem.

mother of dead soldier that was prepping for his TENTH deployment says "this is not working, find something that works"... HOW ABOUT BRINGING THEM HOME!!!

Dammit... ten years is ENOUGH.

flightlesskiwi
08-13-2011, 08:49 AM

absolutely, 100% agree. our backs are being broken systematically.

wannaberocker
08-13-2011, 09:07 AM
"Why do they always send the poor?" —Rage Against the Machine.
Well atleast we dont have the draft anymore thanks to milton friedman.

AGRP
08-13-2011, 10:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io6lRzz1JVw

moostraks
08-13-2011, 11:39 AM
This is sad, whats worse are comments from people on this story like the one below...

"9 tours of duty to Iraq and Afghanistan while we have a plethura of 18-25 year olds with no service experience at all is unacceptable.... I really wish the draft would be re-instated."

Argh!!! I will be damned they are going to take my children to fight for their corporate interests. Must vent, we live next door to a minister who asked my son if he was going to join the military so he didn't have to spend time with his siblings anymore (he feels we have too many children and my son is harmed by this somehow). I was so ticked I still haven't come down from my anger. Jerk had McCain/Palin signs in his yard last go 'round. Why doesn't he send his children for gun fodder?? To my sons credit he said no he wouldn't join the military and the guy asked why. He said didn't want a job where he was told he has to murder people.

flightlesskiwi
08-13-2011, 12:03 PM
Argh!!! I will be damned they are going to take my children to fight for their corporate interests. Must vent, we live next door to a minister who asked my son if he was going to join the military so he didn't have to spend time with his siblings anymore (he feels we have too many children and my son is harmed by this somehow). I was so ticked I still haven't come down from my anger. Jerk had McCain/Palin signs in his yard last go 'round. Why doesn't he send his children for gun fodder?? To my sons credit he said no he wouldn't join the military and the guy asked why. He said didn't want a job where he was told he has to murder people.

oooh, yeah. i'd have something to say to that man. and some pictures of us vets missing limbs and homeless on the streets because of their inability to work due to PTSD. and some pictures of dead iraqi and afghan children to go along with my speech.

freaking... ugh. it's so easy to say "we need to go attack these people" or "we need to go be a peacekeeping force"... it's an entirely different thing to actually go do it-- or watch someone you love go fight for the MIC.

Imaginos
08-13-2011, 12:14 PM
The only reason for our earthly existence is fight and die for Military Industrial Complex spreading DEMONcracy all over the world.

TexanRudeBoy
08-13-2011, 12:15 PM

There is absolutely, positively, ZERO chance China would invade us. Just like the Russians were going to invade at any moment.........

All empires need external "threats" to "justify" military build up and suppression of freedom.

Imaginos
08-13-2011, 12:18 PM
ps: my sincere condolence to his family.
This is tragic.
Military Industrial Complex has a lot to answer when we, the people, take back the government.

erowe1
08-13-2011, 12:19 PM

Why in the world would the regime in Beijing want to take over the US? They can barely keep their grip on the empire they already have.

Brian4Liberty
08-13-2011, 12:21 PM

Good post.

There is a huge difference between fighting a war to defend your homeland and being a World Policeman who is authorized to kill at will. How many people are truly murderers? How long does it take before you understand what is really going on, and no longer feel good about your "mission"? When does guilt set in? Can you continue after you come to the realization? The trigger here is reality.

Imaginos
08-13-2011, 12:24 PM
There is absolutely, positively, ZERO chance China would invade us. Just like the Russians were going to invade at any moment.........

All empires need external "threats" to "justify" military build up and suppression of freedom.
+1.
Some of you, please stop drinking Military Industrial Complex kool aid that is "China is preparing to start war against America."
That is THE ultimate 'kool aid' from Military Industrial Complex.
Just think about the pure size of this war!
More bomb!
More death!
More blood!
More dead women and children from the both sides!
This would make any CEO from Military Industrial Complex ejaculate day and night but, WE, THE PEOPLE, should not drink this horse shit Kool aid!
Fuck the war!
Fuck the Military Industrial Complex!
Fuck the MSM and politicians who are nothing but the cheerleaders for Military Industrial Complex!

squarepusher
08-13-2011, 12:39 PM

how does China elect a US President?

Soldiers need to take responsibility for following bad orders. Its not good enough to just blame generals, politicians, military industrial complex, etc... There needs to be an individual basis of morality taken from the bottom up. Think about the Nazi regular soldiers, they all willingly followed Hitlers orders and were part of the destruction as him.

flightlesskiwi
08-13-2011, 12:49 PM
how does China elect a US President?

Soldiers need to take responsibility for following bad orders. Its not good enough to just blame generals, politicians, military industrial complex, etc... There needs to be an individual basis of morality taken from the bottom up. Think about the Nazi regular soldiers, they all willingly followed Hitlers orders and were part of the destruction as him.

i'm just sayin'... good luck with that. and it's not about "bad" orders-- it's about illegal/unconstitutional orders. and the average soldier has about as much understanding and respect for the constitution as the average politician.

Anti Federalist
08-13-2011, 12:54 PM
God-fucking-damnit!

I can't help bu think of Apocalypse Now...

Willard: [voice-over] It's a way we had over here for living with ourselves. We cut 'em in half with a machine gun and give 'em a Band-Aid. It was a lie. And the more I saw them, the more I hated lies.

+rep

"The bullshit piled up so goddamned fast, you needed wings to stay above it."

outspoken
08-13-2011, 12:56 PM
The human psyche and those born with a conscience is not equipted to kill even when instructed to do so by a higher authority such as the state. This is an inconvenient truth to war mongers... particularly those who vote or lobby for war but don't actually do the dirty work of the devil themselves. I suggest the book On Killing if you want a clearer picture as to the nature of killing in war and our inherent predisposition against murder.

wannaberocker
08-13-2011, 12:57 PM

As much as i feel for that wife. I dont understand her argument about the draft. Did anyone force her husband to join the military? Nope. He joined the military because that was his choice. Like any one who joins the military he knew full well that he maybe asked to go to war and fight. But now that he is at war, his wife wants to bring back the draft. So let me get this stright, the husband made a personal choice. But his wife dosnt like that choice and wants to take the freedom of choice away from everyone else?

That is just foolish.

Anti Federalist
08-13-2011, 12:58 PM
"There are only two legitimate reasons to go to war:

One is to defend your home, the other is to defend the Bill of Rights.

War for any other reason is a racket." - Maj. Gen. Smedley Darlington Butler

flightlesskiwi
08-13-2011, 01:01 PM

a-freaking-men. and General Butler was a WWI vet.

Philhelm
08-13-2011, 01:08 PM

I agree whole-heartedly with this sentiment. Say what you want about war, but when the one who calls for it is on the field himself, it says much about his character.

erowe1
08-13-2011, 01:14 PM
when the one who calls for it is on the field himself, it says much about his character.

It also says something about the relative virtues of monarchy and democracy.

Anti Federalist
08-13-2011, 01:19 PM
a-freaking-men. and General Butler was a WWI vet.

Amongst a great many other things as well.

He was also my Great-Uncle. (I like to trot that out for shameless bragging rights, from time to time)

Smedley Darlington Butler (July 30, 1881 – June 21, 1940), nicknamed "The Fighting Quaker" and "Old Gimlet Eye", was a Major General in the U.S. Marine Corps, and at the time of his death the most decorated Marine in U.S. history. During his 34-year career as a Marine, he participated in military actions in the Philippines, China, in Central America and the Caribbean during the Banana Wars, and France in World War I. By the end of his career he had received 16 medals, five of which were for heroism. He is one of 19 people to twice receive the Medal of Honor, one of three to be awarded both the Marine Corps Brevet Medal and the Medal of Honor, and the only person to be awarded the Brevet Medal and two Medals of Honor, all for separate actions.

In addition to his military achievements, he served as the Director of Public Safety in Philadelphia for two years and was an outspoken critic of U.S. military adventurism. In his 1935 book War is a Racket, he described the workings of the military-industrial complex and, after retiring from service, became a popular speaker at meetings organized by veterans, pacifists and church groups in the 1930s.

In 1934 he was involved in a controversy known as the Business Plot when he told a congressional committee that a group of wealthy industrialists had approached him to lead a military coup to overthrow Franklin D. Roosevelt. The individuals that were involved denied the existence of a plot, and the media ridiculed the allegations. The final report of the committee stated that there was evidence that such a plot existed, but no charges were ever filed. The opinion of most historians is that while planning for a coup was not very advanced, wild schemes were discussed.

Butler continued his speaking engagements in an extended tour but in June 1940 checked himself into a naval hospital, dying a few weeks later from what was believed to be cancer. He was buried at Oaklands Cemetery in West Chester, Pennsylvania; his home has been maintained as a memorial and contains memorabilia collected during his various careers.

Philhelm
08-13-2011, 01:23 PM

It should be: "9 tours of duty to Iraq and Afghanistan while we have a plethura of politicians who voted in favor of the wars with no service experience at all is unacceptable.... I really wish the draft would be re-instated."

monte
08-13-2011, 01:28 PM
The human psyche and those born with a conscience is not equipted to kill even when instructed to do so by a higher authority such as the state. This is an inconvenient truth to war mongers... particularly those who vote or lobby for war but don't actually do the dirty work of the devil themselves. I suggest the book On Killing if you want a clearer picture as to the nature of killing in war and our inherent predisposition against murder.

That is a great book.

Seraphim
08-13-2011, 01:32 PM
William Kristol is vampire.

purplechoe
08-13-2011, 01:32 PM

It's so said the even our religious leaders ignore the words of Jesus and advocate killing people half way across the world. Never has this country been in greater need of saving then now. It's bad enough that we have to bring so much misery on our own citizens but doing it to others is just despicable to me...

Anti Federalist
08-13-2011, 01:37 PM
William Kristol is vampire.

Are vampyres allergic to cream pie?

http://www.seedsofdoubt.com/distressedamerican/images/graphics/Kristol-Pie.gif

heavenlyboy34
08-13-2011, 01:38 PM

Butler was a great man. :cool: That "war is a racket" speech should be much better known than it is.

Acala
08-13-2011, 01:41 PM
It's so said the even our religious leaders ignore the words of Jesus and advocate killing people half way across the world. Never has this country been in greater need of saving then now. It's bad enough that we have to bring so much misery on our own citizens but doing it to others is just despicable to me...

I think it is safe to say that the American World Empire is the second most profitable scam the world has ever known. That kind of money buys an awful lot of shills. And millions of fools march along.

flightlesskiwi
08-13-2011, 01:52 PM

He was also my Great-Uncle. (I like to trot that out for shameless bragging rights, from time to time)

that's pretty awesome.

unfortunately, these days i think your great uncle is turning in his grave.

Brooklyn Red Leg
08-13-2011, 02:32 PM

I have to wonder what General Butler would have said had he lived to see the conclusion of WWII.

wannaberocker
08-13-2011, 02:56 PM
Are vampyres allergic to cream pie?

http://www.seedsofdoubt.com/distressedamerican/images/graphics/Kristol-Pie.gif

If Kristol was man enough he would beat the living shit out of whoever hit him with that pie. But hes not, hes a pussy. But with that said, i dont really care to much about what he says. He dosnt have a vote when it comes to "do we go to war or not". So in my mind hes not very important.

sync
08-13-2011, 03:29 PM
If our leaders had to fight along side our soldiers, we would have a VERY different foreign policy...

Philhelm
08-13-2011, 03:34 PM
If our leaders had to fight along side our soldiers, we would have a VERY different foreign policy...

If I were President, I'd be on the field with my troops...but only in the sacred defense of my Grand Republic.

willwash
08-13-2011, 03:45 PM
Jesus, nine deployments is retarded. Most people don't go on 9 deployments in an entire miltary career (at least 20 years), let alone in 10 years. Granted the guy was a Ranger, but damn.

moderate libertarian
08-13-2011, 06:19 PM
Politicians after sending others sons and daughters to harms way tend to forget what price troops and their families pay for years/decades to come. Ron Paul did great service today by making plesdge to bring troops home as one of key parts of his address in Iowa.