PDA

View Full Version : Potential Celebrity Endorsement List

rockfree33
06-12-2007, 11:54 PM
I was searching Google for potential future celebrity endorsements for Ron Paul. I found a list of liberal celebrities here http://www.celiberal.com/theWhineRack.php

Anyone on the list in particular that you think we should be concentrating our efforts on or have the best chance of getting an endorsement from? To get a celebrity endorsement this early in the game would be a huge milestone.

P.S. - You got to love the bias of the website lol

angrydragon
06-13-2007, 12:58 AM
Tom Leykis

Swmorgan77
06-13-2007, 04:31 PM
Mel Gibson!

GoRonPaul
06-13-2007, 05:14 PM
The South Park guys are Libertarians... I'd like to see them get behind the campaign... The interview pretty well.

SWATH
06-13-2007, 05:43 PM
Thinking about who would be the ideal famous person to endorse Ron Paul, I could come up with no one better than:

BRUCE WILLIS

Why he might be savvy to it.

-Willis is a self-described "conspiracy theorist" and subscriber of Alex Jones who is a staunched supporter of Ron Paul.
-Willis has come out and spoken of his beleif that the powers that be/shadow government were responsible for the JFK assassination and Ron Paul would be the man to break the cycle or die trying.
-Willis is very pro-gun and there is no other candidate more pro-gun than Ron Paul.
-Willis was a hardcore neocon until he learned more about the realities of the Bush administration and our shadow government and changed his tune, he is a reformed neocon.
-Willis is very patriotic and loves his country.
-Willis is a Republican
-Dr. Paul said that we should not be afraid of people who make alot of money in the entertainment industry. An appeal for Hollywood support maybe?

Why it would be good for the Ron Paul Campaign.

-Willis has a new movie coming out called "Live Free or Die Hard", a perfect slogan to be associated with Ron Paul.
-Willis is a bad ass
-Willis will grab alot of attention from the Republican base and all the neocons
-Willis appeals to the warmonger supporters of Fred Thompson who need to jump ship over to Ron Paul.

I have no idea how to get this idea in motion. Any ideas?

angrydragon
06-13-2007, 06:21 PM
Be Bruce's friend...otherwise I don't know.

Chibioz
06-13-2007, 07:46 PM
I think that Bruce Willis would be an ideal celebrity endorsement. You can see that he is known to browse the net incognito if you caught the clip of him in a chatroom and on a webcam chat about the new Die Hard that was on digg a few months ago. Perhaps he is aware of our campaign.

rockfree33
06-13-2007, 07:58 PM
Alright, so we have to get Bruce involved in the campaign. It's amazing that all Bruce will have to say is "Vote Ron Paul" and Dr. Paul would get tens of millions in donations and probably be boosted to front runner. Too bad I don't run in celebrity circles, I think you have to be a celebrity for that lol

Nathan Hale
06-13-2007, 11:06 PM
So what's the best way to contact Bruce Willis? Any ideas?

denvervoipguru
06-15-2007, 01:21 AM
Saw him on Glen Beck the other night talking about Dems and Republicans are worthless, need to get back to the Consitution, etc.

denvervoipguru
06-15-2007, 02:04 AM
"I'm sick of answering this fucking question. I'm a Republican only as far as I want a smaller government, I want less government intrusion. I want them to stop shitting on my money and your money and tax dollars that we give 50 percent of... every year. I want them to be fiscally responsible and I want these goddamn lobbyists out of Washington. Do that and I'll say I'm a Republican... I hate the government, OK? I'm apolitical. Write that down. I'm not a Republican".[6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Willis

rockfree33
06-15-2007, 02:56 AM
Bruce Willis just might endorse Ron Paul. He has to know what Dr. Paul is all about by now. Their views are the same on what they think government should be. Come on Bruce, the country needs you to spread some light on Ron Paul!

foofighter20x
06-15-2007, 03:06 AM
Got this from here. (http://www.theadvocates.org/quiz-score/lib-whatlib-celebs.html)

Clint Eastwood (wow!)
Drew Carey
Melanie Safka
Walter Williams
Dave Barry
Our Man John Stossel
Russell Means
Dwight Yoakum
Esther Dyson
Kurt Russell

SwordOfShannarah
06-15-2007, 01:20 PM
Got this from here. (http://www.theadvocates.org/quiz-score/lib-whatlib-celebs.html)

Clint Eastwood (wow!)
Drew Carey
Melanie Safka
Walter Williams
Dave Barry
Our Man John Stossel
Russell Means
Dwight Yoakum
Esther Dyson
Kurt Russell

great link and great list so far! To be quite honest we don't just need these people to support Ron Paul, we need most of these people to start running for office. Remember- Ron Paul is only one man. No one ever gets anything done alone. To fight the establishment in full we have to go for all of congress and make it for freedom. I think a good way to get this going would be to write an article listing this link and links to all of these celebrities personal websites. Then we'll digg the article and ask the diggers to email these people asking them to run for office. We'll bombard them with letters of support. It will make them think about it for sure. And while we write them we also ask for their public support of Ron Paul.

It will also send a message to potential libertarian candidates.. now is the time to run!

Dary
06-15-2007, 02:49 PM
Aaron Russo probably has enough clout to contact Bruce.

Dary
06-15-2007, 02:54 PM
Can anybody make the six degrees connection to Kevin Bacon?

angrydragon
06-15-2007, 04:37 PM
Tommy Chong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX4SrVJhq-o

On a side note, I notice videos being tagged with Ron Paul now, though it has to do with other candidates or things.
Looks like Ron is popular enough to be tagged.

rich34
06-16-2007, 10:22 PM
I think Willie Nelson would be a great celeb endorsement, especially among the midwestern farmer. From hearing Nelson do interviews in the past I believe he'd be a big supporter of Ron Paul so long as he got to hear the man talk. Nelson has a high standing with the American farmer because of the Farm Aid concerts he started back in the 80's. The support of Willie Nelson could pay huge dividends.

ThePieSwindler
06-20-2007, 11:31 PM
What about Penn Jillette(of penn and teller fame)? Hes a libertarian, and he discusses his political views here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljMp-3b3Xlg

He has an award winning show and would be another source of alot of viewership.

Ronstock '08
06-23-2007, 10:02 PM
Aaron Russo probably has enough clout to contact Bruce.

Now, how do we contact Mr Russo?

Nathan Hale
06-24-2007, 09:08 AM
Now, how do we contact Mr Russo?

Try via his America: Freedom to Fascism web site.

oldpaths1611
06-24-2007, 01:32 PM

Clint Eastwood (wow!)
Drew Carey
Melanie Safka
Walter Williams
Dave Barry
Our Man John Stossel
Russell Means
Dwight Yoakum
Esther Dyson
Kurt Russell

Glad to see this list. I know there are quite a few libertarian celebrities, which makes me wonder why none have come out and endorsed Ron Paul yet. What about Bill Maher, who called Dr. Paul his "new hero?" Or Ben Afflek who seemed to respect Dr. Paul when they appeared together on Maher's show? You'd think they and the anti-war Hollywood crowd would flock to Dr. Paul. Could the problem be that they all have the Michael Moore syndrome. When asked recently if he would support Ron Paul, Moore said he was "genetically prohibited" from voting for any politician who had an "R" next to his name. I believe the entire Democrat/ Republican, left/right paradigm is probably why many celebrities and others who should be flocking to Paul won't even give him a chance.

As far as Aaron Russo...The last I heard a week or so ago his body is riddled with cancer and he is on his death bed.

LibertyEagle
06-24-2007, 02:03 PM
Walter Williams has supported him in the past. I wish he'd do so now and write some favorable articles. Maybe it's the war?

Getting Clint Eastwood would be a real win. He's seen as very tough and patriotic. If he came out in support of Ron Paul, it might be very good for getting some of the conservatives to take a look at our good doctor.

How about groups like Gun Owner's of America? Paul ranks tops in their rating of Presidential candidates. It would be good to see an endorsement from them.

Also the Minutemen. Right now, it seems the majority don't understand that Dr. Paul takes a very strong, principled stand against illegal immigration. Seems to me right now, they're backing Tancredo and Hunter. We need to get them to include Paul in their list of good candidates on illegal immigration.

Just my thoughts...

angrydragon
06-24-2007, 02:11 PM
Clint Eastwood is the man. It would be great to see him endorse Ron Paul.

oldpaths1611
06-24-2007, 02:17 PM
Getting Clint Eastwood would be a real win. He's seen as very tough and patriotic. If he came out in support of Ron Paul, it might be very good for getting some of the conservatives to take a look at our good doctor.

I doubt Eastwood will support Congressman Paul. He and several other Hollywood elite, including Charleton Heston and Francis Ford Coppola, are members of the Bohemian Club or the Bohemian Grove. The Bohemians are an invitation only secret society that is a sister organization to the CFR, Bilderberg and all the other one-worlders. The last thing they want is Ron Paul in the White House (and I fear they would do anything to keep that from happening).

sorianofan
06-24-2007, 02:38 PM
I doubt Eastwood will support Congressman Paul. He and several other Hollywood elite, including Charleton Heston and Francis Ford Coppola, are members of the Bohemian Club or the Bohemian Grove. The Bohemians are an invitation only secret society that is a sister organization to the CFR, Bilderberg and all the other one-worlders. The last thing they want is Ron Paul in the White House (and I fear they would do anything to keep that from happening).

Not that I buy into the NWO-stuff, but I do agree with the above. A lot of people are far too politically connected and compromised when they belong to such organizations.

Nathan Hale
06-24-2007, 05:22 PM
Please, let's not get into the conspiracy stuff. Discounting Clint Eastwood because he's a member of a secret society that's a sister secret society to the CFR, et al, is poor judgment as it's based on quite a few leaps of faith.

First, there's no proof that Bohemian Grove even exists in the capacity that we make it out to exist.

Second, assuming it does, there's no proof that Clint Eastwood is a member.

Third, assuming Clint is a member, there's no proof that the organization is in any way connected to any other secret society.

Fourth, assuming all the above are truth, there's no proof that Bohemian's requirements were in any way subordinate Clint's desire or willingness to support Ron Paul.

oldpaths1611
06-24-2007, 06:54 PM
Please, let's not get into the conspiracy stuff. Discounting Clint Eastwood because he's a member of a secret society that's a sister secret society to the CFR, et al, is poor judgment as it's based on quite a few leaps of faith.

First, there's no proof that Bohemian Grove even exists in the capacity that we make it out to exist.

Second, assuming it does, there's no proof that Clint Eastwood is a member.

Third, assuming Clint is a member, there's no proof that the organization is in any way connected to any other secret society.

Fourth, assuming all the above are truth, there's no proof that Bohemian's requirements were in any way subordinate Clint's desire or willingness to support Ron Paul.

I agree...I will not "get into it" with you here, for two reasons.

One, this is not the forum for it.

Two, you assume a lot while apparently knowing very little. It's pointless to discuss a matter with someone who has prejudgmentally and ignorantly made up their mind regarding the subject.

The existence of Bohemian Grove and it's agenda is no longer a subject of "conspiracy stuff." It's purpose and it's activities have been well documented, as has the fact that most of its members also belong to CFR, etc. Considering the overwhelming amount of information we have about the Bohemians, it takes a greater "leap of faith" to deny the reality of the Grove and it's goals. It is also a fact that Eastwood has been to the Grove and IS a member. IF Clint does subscribe to the Bohemian NWO agenda, you can be certain he would rather see anyone else in the White House as long as it is not Ron Paul.

You can either educate yourself about a topic before you discuss it, or you can continue to exercise "poor judgment" by speaking to a subject you know nothing about.

There, now you made me get into it after saying I wouldn't.

Nathan Hale
06-25-2007, 05:27 PM
I agree...I will not "get into it" with you here, for two reasons.

One, this is not the forum for it.

Agreed. The last thing we need is for doctor Paul to be associated with this sort of conversation.

Two, you assume a lot while apparently knowing very little.

Excuse you, but YOU'RE the one who assumes to know a lot. All I'm doing talking about leaps of faith.

It's pointless to discuss a matter with someone who has prejudgmentally and ignorantly made up their mind regarding the subject.

Listen pal, I haven't "prejudgmentally and ignorantly" made up my mind about anything. I wait for the facts and make my decision. As I have yet to see any facts, I don't see what you see.

The existence of Bohemian Grove and it's agenda is no longer a subject of "conspiracy stuff." It's purpose and it's activities have been well documented, as has the fact that most of its members also belong to CFR, etc. Considering the overwhelming amount of information we have about the Bohemians, it takes a greater "leap of faith" to deny the reality of the Grove and it's goals. It is also a fact that Eastwood has been to the Grove and IS a member. IF Clint does subscribe to the Bohemian NWO agenda, you can be certain he would rather see anyone else in the White House as long as it is not Ron Paul.

I'm not here to debate rhetoric. If there's facts and evidence, show them to me, because the only credible facts I see about the Bohemian Grove society don't imply anything NEAR what you're claiming.

You can either educate yourself about a topic before you discuss it, or you can continue to exercise "poor judgment" by speaking to a subject you know nothing about.

Ok Pot.

There, now you made me get into it after saying I wouldn't.

I didn't make you do anything. Apparently you have some serious insecurity issues about your conspiracy theory of choice.

oldpaths1611
06-25-2007, 05:36 PM
Agreed. The last thing we need is for doctor Paul to be associated with this sort of conversation.

Excuse you, but YOU'RE the one who assumes to know a lot. All I'm doing talking about leaps of faith.

Listen pal, I haven't "prejudgmentally and ignorantly" made up my mind about anything. I wait for the facts and make my decision. As I have yet to see any facts, I don't see what you see.

I'm not here to debate rhetoric. If there's facts and evidence, show them to me, because the only credible facts I see about the Bohemian Grove society don't imply anything NEAR what you're claiming.

Ok Pot.

I didn't make you do anything. Apparently you have some serious insecurity issues about your conspiracy theory of choice.

LOL

Nathan Hale
06-25-2007, 08:15 PM
LOL

Yeah, I thought so. :rolleyes:

Lauxa
06-29-2007, 01:19 PM
Did a little googling and came up with a few addresses of people we could contact. What we really need is some celebrity fundraisers. If any of these people would actually back Ron Paul in the first place, that is. A nice $1000/head fundraiser for the Ron Paul campaign would be sweet.

====================================

Bill Maher
billmaherfanmail@safesearching.com

Penn & Teller
mofo666@pennandteller.com
pressrequests@pennandteller.com

Bruce Willis
Creative Artists Agency
9830 Wilshire Boulevard
Beverly Hills, California 90212-1825
USA

Willie Nelson
PO Box 91659
Austin, TX 78709-1659
willien@willienelson.com

[SOUTHPARK]
Trey Parker & Matt Stone
c/o William Morris Agency
151 El Camino Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

— or —

Trey Parker & Matt Stone
c/o Comedy Central
1775 Broadway
New York, NY 10019

Dave Barry
c/o The Miami Herald
One Herald Plaza
Miami FL 33132

Leslie Webb
08-17-2007, 08:37 AM
Could we, the campaign, or someone in an Arizona meetup see if Barry Goldwater, Jr. would be willing to formally endorse Ron Paul's candidacy? I think a video clip in which he endorses Ron Paul as a true conservative carrying on the principles and tradition of his father would carry a lot of weight in the Iowa caucuses and the New Hampshire campaign.

I saw a YouTube of Barry Goldwater, Jr. introducing Ron Paul at a fundraiser in Arizona or perhaps California. I believe he worked together with Ron in Congress, and I am pretty sure he supports Ron for President.

Leslie Webb

dsentell
08-17-2007, 09:40 AM
Celebrity endorsements . . .

. . . Don't you think Barry Manilow is enough . . .:D

Judge Andrew Napolitano (Superior Court of New Jersey) has come out in favor of Ron Paul. How might we get some mileage out of his endorsement?

gtjwkq
08-17-2007, 05:14 PM
Maybe we should ask Barry Manilow or his agent for some help contacting other celebrities. It's no stretch if he already donated, I'm assuming he'll be willing to help.

Just an idea.

Cowlesy
08-17-2007, 05:23 PM
I really hope the national campaign sees this thread, writes down the names, contacts a media agency to get in touch with the celebs and makes a push for at least getting them to seriously listen to the message.

kylebrotherton
08-17-2007, 06:54 PM
What about musicians?

I live near Seattle, and am interested in getting local and national singers and/or bands to endorse Dr. Paul.

I don't really know how to do it. I'm just throwing it out there.

... But not the Dixie Chicks. That would hurt us.

Freedom
08-17-2007, 08:28 PM
Nolan Ryan's support of Ron Paul has been discussed in other threads here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=5383). He has been associated with that steroid-abusing MLB organization, though! :D

hard@work
08-17-2007, 10:13 PM
I have no idea how to get this idea in motion. Any ideas?

It's not hard to do if you have support. It doesn't take ideas to get support from people with money and power. It takes their attention. In order to get them to say yes they first have to be asked the question. That's not easy to do when they are put behind layers to shelter them from the barrage of the public interests.

So that said, you have the ability now to make this happen. How might I accomplish this feat you ask? Well it's quite simple really!

1. You do need an actual idea (or person) they would back.
2. You need that very articulately presented to them.
3. You need to organize a large group of those interested in their endorsement for your idea or person to petition them (ask them) to endorse.

Now, normally this is just plain impossible for the average Joe. And as much as Clint Eastwood, Drew Carey, Bruce Willis, Trey Parker, and Matt Stone would love to be aware of who they need to support all the time they just can't. So, those who have money or power usually are the ones they will have to deal with outside of their philanthropic lives, family, and natural friendships. Normally, you as an activist could never break through! So be disheartened, be depressed, be demotivated, and just be sad because you just can't do it.

... oh ... but wait ...

We're talking Ron Paul here, amirite or amirite?

Ron Paul is not an ordinary candidate. He is a phenomenon. As a supporter you have already seen what happens with the grassroots. You have seen the media supression, the ignoring, the sidelining, subject changing, and the plain ignorance. You know that there is a sleeping dragon waiting underneath the oppressive blanket of opinion that they pass off as "news" which America sleeps with. If you cannot deny this then you also know there is a resource you can tap into greater than any candidate has seen in the history of our nation! So, how do we harness this great power you ask?

1. You want it, make it happen.

Ron Paul supporters are the most activated, and there are batallions of us. However we are decentralized and you must understand that the grassroots operates this way. This enables the movement the freedom it needs to be mobile as leaders like yourself sprout up from the roots and mobilize. As Ron Paul is a phenomenom however your pool of supporters is mammoth. Using the forums, the meetup groups, and other internet based communication tools it is easy to contact fellow and like minded individuals to support your cause. You can browse through the forums and see the many threads started by those looking for support that have gotten a lot of attention.

We've already seen this, and we're just starting. Why not be a part of it?

Pro tip: you want a popular thread? Work hard on it before you post it, and keep getting people's attention in it and those who support you already to BUMP it !!

2. If you can't do it, you can find the ones who can.

In order to organize say a call or email campaign, or perhaps something more powerful like a walk in or rally you need to be dedicated. You need to obtain and retain commitments to attend or support. If you are not confident that you can be the person to run the entire show do not let this stop you from making it happen! Reaching out to others for help is the first thing a new leader must do, period. And if you don't do that you'll never help the moement find the leaders it needs. "We are looking for a manager" is not the same as saying "I am not good enough to manage". Context people, context.

There are a lot of other people as dedicated as you, they are waiting for you to find them. By the way, I'm literally practicing what I preach right now. Think about that too. Pretty crafty!

3. Battle Plan

You absolutely must begin to outline your ideas and your plan of action. If you want to get the enlistment of a celebrity, how are you going to do this? What will it take in critical mass for you to break through their protective veil and get them to say yes or no, up or down to an endorsement? Remember, these are human beings just like yourself however the lives they lead are different than the normal Joe's (and Jane's!) around you. So now that you have a mini-movement started, what is your strategy to effectively get through to your favorite freedom loving politically informed sponsor?

Get your plan of action together, get your organization together, and get it implemented. Do not waste any time, every day passes faster than the last and every hour counts.

4. Follow Up

Now that you have done the footwork, legwork, fingerwork, and hard work (har) how did it go? What have you done to continue cultivating attention and requesting sponsorship? Analyze everything and repeat what worked and discontinue or adjust what didn't.

I could go on and on, I do this stuff for a living. If I had time I'd try to organize stuff myself here, but I do get some stuff done locally. I posted this because I saw the very thing I'm talking about beginning already in this thread.

You people have done the research, you people naturally organize together, you people THE people are making things happen independently as intended by the founders for the first time in our political process on a scale I haven't seen in any of my living memory. If you go back and read this thread you will see what I am saying about you guys is dead on.

I would ask those of you who agree (and have managed to read this whole novel) who are able to organize get together and do that. The idea that a list of celebrities like these ones:

http://www.theadvocates.org/quiz-score/lib-whatlib-celebs.html

... could appear in a commercial, newscast, late night talk show etc. and drop the name of the Good Doctor is monumental if it could be accomplished. And we've done so much so far already, why can't you do this now?

I believe you can.