PDA

View Full Version : Where was Ron Paul when he was in the Air Force?

bb_dg
08-13-2011, 12:35 AM
I know that he was a flight surgeon during the Vietnam War, but I don't think he was ever sent to Vietnam. I can remember him saying that he was stationed in Afghanistan, but I can't find a source anywhere or the video I remember hearing that from. Can anyone help me out with a source included? I've been trying to find this out for a while.

sailingaway
08-13-2011, 12:37 AM
He said recently that during part of the time he was in the middle east. Afghanistan and either Iraq or Iran I thought he said, but I'm not sure. I was startled that it hadn't come up before, and gathered someone had told him to make a point of it. I think it might have come up during the New Hampshire debate.

Nate-ForLiberty
08-13-2011, 12:38 AM
I know that he was a flight surgeon during the Vietnam War, but I don't think he was ever sent to Vietnam. I can remember him saying that he was stationed in Afghanistan, but I can't find a source anywhere or the video I remember hearing that from. Can anyone help me out with a source included? I've been trying to find this out for a while.

He's been to Afghanistan, but was not stationed there. I'm pretty sure he was stationed at a base here in the States. Probably Texas.