PDA

View Full Version : What post debate feedback have you all gotten from "outsiders" that u know?

sofia
08-12-2011, 09:54 PM
I spoke to 2 people who watched debates....not Ron Paul devotees like us....just regular guys.

BOTH said they thought Ron Paul kicked butt!.....Not sure how scientific my little poll was (One dude was Iranian!...LOL)....

curious to see what others are hearing from people "on the outside" of our "kooky cult"

any feedback u care to share????

AJ187
08-12-2011, 09:58 PM
My grandma said that he was the only one that made sense. She's turning 79 this week. He certainly has large appeal.

Sentient Void
08-12-2011, 10:02 PM
Almost all of my friends and almost my whole family are Ron Paul supporters now.

A few family members are actually even anarchists now as well.

muahaha

AGRP
08-12-2011, 10:06 PM
Online, I'm very pleased!

I have seen literally zero analytical rebuttals to Ron Paul that Ive noticed other than vague warnings. Almost everything negative I see is "Hes dangerous!" or "He's going to destroy the Republican party!" (Limbaugh) The neocons have turned into a bunch of crying 2 year olds.

sofia
08-12-2011, 10:09 PM
Almost all of my friends and almost my whole family are Ron Paul supporters now.

A few family members are actually even anarchists now as well.

muahaha

as a result of your "evangelism" or as a result of last nights debate?

ghengis86
08-12-2011, 10:10 PM
I get a lot of, "He's the only one telling it like it is." and "He makes a lot of good points and he is always consistent."

It's like they finally get the politician they want - speaks the truth, doesn't flip-flop, has a backbone, knows what's going on - but I can tell there is still some reservation about coming out fully in support of RP. Maybe they can't stand to swim against the mainstream?

sofia
08-12-2011, 10:13 PM
I get a lot of, "He's the only one telling it like it is." and "He makes a lot of good points and he is always consistent."

It's like they finally get the politician they want - speaks the truth, doesn't flip-flop, has a backbone, knows what's going on - but I can tell there is still some reservation about coming out fully in support of RP. Maybe they can't stand to swim against the mainstream?

its called the lemming effect..... Which is why tomorrow is critical. If RP wins, we may hit the "tipping point" as sheeple begin to feel it's "OK" to support Ron Paul.

An Ames victory ...followed by spontaneous moneybomb, and eventually a media attack will do wonders for us.

Sentient Void
08-12-2011, 10:14 PM
as a result of your "evangelism" or as a result of last nights debate?

touche. as a result of my 'evangelism'.

Wasn't paying attention, I guess.

Brett85
08-12-2011, 10:15 PM
Online, I'm very pleased!

I have seen literally zero analytical rebuttals to Ron Paul that Ive noticed other than vague warnings. Almost everything negative I see is "Hes dangerous!" or "He's going to destroy the Republican party!" (Limbaugh) The neocons have turned into a bunch of crying 2 year olds.

Yeah, I just read the transcript of what Rush said about Ron. I think Rush lost all credibility when he cheerleaded for George W. Bush for 8 years. The man thinks that Bush is more of a conservative than Ron is. It's no wonder that his ratings are tanking. Conservatives simply aren't buying the establishment neo-conservative garbage anymore.

low preference guy
08-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Yeah, I just read the transcript of what Rush said about Ron. I think Rush lost all credibility when he cheerleaded for George W. Bush for 8 years. The man thinks that Bush is more of a conservative than Ron is. It's no wonder that his ratings are tanking. Conservatives simply aren't buying the establishment neo-conservative garbage anymore.

That would be a great question to ask Rush. Rush, do you think George W. Bush is more conservative than Ron Paul?

Brett85
08-12-2011, 10:23 PM
It's also interesting that Rush is attacking Ron hard now, but he didn't say a word about him in 2007. I think this proves that the establishment conservatives really are scared that Ron might win the GOP nomination.

VBRonPaulFan
08-12-2011, 10:24 PM
That would be a great question to ask Rush. Rush, do you think George W. Bush is more conservative than Ron Paul?

Here is a better question for you. Why would you waste the time asking a question to a lying scumbag who won't give you an honest or direct answer, anyways?

ghengis86
08-12-2011, 10:30 PM
Here is a better question for you. Why would you waste the time asking a question to a lying scumbag who won't give you an honest or direct answer, anyways?

all depends if he can hear you with the oxycontin damaged cochlea

Carehn
08-12-2011, 10:35 PM

I will send you a hundred dollar bill if you can get it done. Rush needs a good kick in the nads.

RileyE104
08-12-2011, 10:46 PM
My dad said someone at his work (NASA) was complaining that Paul "wants to let Iran have nukes" --- :rolleyes:

tsai3904
08-12-2011, 10:49 PM
I did a search online for forums that conducted polls of who won the debate:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137190463
http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/180076-poll-republican-debate.html
http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/showthread.php?t=222536
http://www.kentuckyhunting.net/forums/showthread.php?107281-Ron-Paul-won-the-debate
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2466938

There are a lot of Ron Paul supporters in random forums and there's usually heated debates over one or two "extreme" issues that keep people from voting for him.

TCE
08-12-2011, 10:51 PM
Ron, by talking about how bad Iraq is, actually has the popular opinion of the country behind him. Afghanistan is a harder sell, but Iraq, most people want out of.

Head Political Science teacher at the local school said Ron Paul won the debate by a mile. This is in Illinois and the teacher is not a Ron Paul fan. That alone told me Ron won the debate.

Justinfrom1776
08-12-2011, 11:09 PM
This morning I got this post on my Facebook from my brother-in-law:

"So how did your boy do last night. Overall I like him, but strongly disagree with the fact that he wants to let Iran have nuclear weapons, which would for sure end up in the wrong hands. Your thoughts?"

To which I reply:
He did well, his position is that we can't police the entire world. If we could do this effectively, we probably would have stopped A.Q. Qahn from building weapons for Pakistan.

Paul's foreign policy wouldn't dictate to Israel how they should go about defending themselves either. If Israel feels threatened by Iran building a weapon then they should do what they feel is appropriate.

I followed that up with this video of Scheuer on Bill Mahr:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF4_oaTIH8g&feature=related

He's a novice politico, a couple of months ago he told me he liked Romney, because he thought he had the best chance to beat Obama. I was quick to send him a link of the wikipedia page for the Massachusetts health care reform law and followed that with a video of a Reagan radio address on socialized medicine. A couple of weeks ago he began telling me he had interest in Rick Perry, which prompted me to go into Perry's murky Merck deal.

TRIGRHAPPY
08-12-2011, 11:21 PM
I spoke to 2 people who watched debates....not Ron Paul devotees like us....just regular guys.

BOTH said they thought Ron Paul kicked butt!.....Not sure how scientific my little poll was (One dude was Iranian!...LOL)....

curious to see what others are hearing from people "on the outside" of our "kooky cult"

any feedback u care to share????

My wife knows I love Ron Paul, but she hates politics. She doesn't pay it any attention. In fact she was actually pretty upset that I was watching the debate in the living room instead of watching (what she even calls) "junk" TV.

When they started talking about Iran, she began paying attention. She is a Turkish Sunni Muslim. Her family is from the Turkish side of the Turkey/Iraq border, so she pays close attention when she hears people talking about war/sanctions/etc in that area of the world.

By the time it was over, she was CHEERING Ron Paul on....and within minutes she posted "GO RON PAUL!!!" on her facebook page. She was very excited, but also worried that of all the candidates, he was the only one who did not seem intent on going to war.

The best part is, she is a solid vote for Ron Paul in Florida....since she just got her citizenship on July 4th!

One of her friends (who I did not know also loves Ron Paul) responded to her FB post: "You make me proud to call you an American!"

To which she replied: "ha ha I guess I am :) I like him because he wants to keep America out of other countries business:)"

hillbilly123069
08-12-2011, 11:26 PM
I hear a lot of people looking at Perry. I did some research on him and he seems to be mighty close with China on industrial issues.

affa
08-13-2011, 01:03 AM
I hear a lot of people looking at Perry. I did some research on him and he seems to be mighty close with China on industrial issues.

The only reason a lot of people are talking about Perry right now is because the media has chosen him. I'd bet the majority of people never heard of him only a few weeks ago, but he's been being interjected into every news channel lately.

Consider this: an entire question, asked to all people in the debate, mentioned him by name. That's an absurd question. You just got all candidates talking about a man who isn't even running. It's media manipulation of public opinion, plain and simple.

LibertyEagle
08-13-2011, 02:08 AM
I'm curious if anyone knows how regular Republicans are viewing Paul after last night. Not pundits, just regular Republicans in your communities.

Dianne
08-13-2011, 03:12 AM

Perry is Bilderberg Group. That alone should be enough to make him lose the nomination, once we get the word out.

http://www.infowars.com/bilderberg-approved-perry-set-to-become-presidential-frontrunner/

Esoteric
08-13-2011, 03:32 AM
from Iowa .. today I got "i wouldn't feel safe with him as president".

I am optimistic in that I get the sense that people at least are starting to understand a LITTLE bit of the principles he's operating on.

Revolution9
08-13-2011, 05:52 AM
I had a neighbor drop by and he asked.."So how did that Rob guy do?" "Ron Paul" I said "wanna watch the debate highlights?". "Yeah" he says.
His reactions:
"He's right on there."
"Ooooh..He lit a fire under their ass."
"Dammmmmmnnn! He's fired up."
"Now this guy makes alot of sense."
"Dang! Kick their ass buddy."
"What a jerk!" (speaking about moderator)
"I hope he wins..."

Best
Rev9

Revolution9
08-13-2011, 05:54 AM
all depends if he can hear you with the oxycontin damaged cochlea

That would be aspartame damaged. He is a diet drink addict. The creator of Dilbert has the same problem but can't seem to figure it is the diet drinks with aspartame causing it.

Rev9

Eryxis
08-13-2011, 06:57 AM
One of my employees (healthcare worker) only listened to his healthcare question, but loved him. I've been working on her a while, but this solidified his position for her

Shane Harris
08-13-2011, 07:06 AM
i have a friend who said she now likes ron a lot less than she thought she did because she didnt know his foreign policy was so "extreme"

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-13-2011, 07:08 AM
My grandma said that he was the only one that made sense. She's turning 79 this week. He certainly has large appeal.

My grandmother is older and is voting for him too :)

KramerDSP
08-13-2011, 09:31 AM
My father texted me during the debate:

"They are all like Robots. Except Paul."

"They cut his mic!"

Personally, I think he came aboard as soon as the Feds stopped the online poker sites a few months ago. My mom was the world's biggest Barack Obama supporter, and is 95% converted to Ron Paul (with her only worries being social security and medicaid funding).

specsaregood
08-13-2011, 09:37 AM
That would be aspartame damaged. He is a diet drink addict. The creator of Dilbert has the same problem but can't seem to figure it is the diet drinks with aspartame causing it.

Rev9

Not really. hearing loss is a known and rampant side effect of oxycontin abuse (vicodin also), and he had a very public addition to the former. That isn't to say aspartame is safe; but rush's hearing loss was much more likely related to the oxycontin.