PDA

View Full Version : I need some help!!!!

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
08-12-2011, 06:20 PM
I have a dear friend who I have literally been working on for years to get over to the good side. She is a very intelligent lady who has really come over to our philosophy on pretty much everything. She has pledged to vote for Ron and has even been telling people in her community about Ron and why she will be voting for him.

Last night she was watching the debate and the answer Ron gave regarding Iran and nukes made her back off a little. She tells me that she agrees with everything he says about leaving people alone and how our actions create blowback but that she believes he is taking lightly that regardless of how nice we might become under his Presidency, we will still have people who hate us to such an extent that attacks could continue. She has not said she will no longer support him but this issue has concerned her enough that she would like an explanation. Of course I know what to tell her and what the answer would be but she wants something directly from him with no spin. So does anyone know of an article or a video where Ron specifically addresses what he would do if a country were to attack us unprovoked or if there was concrete evidence that a hostile country or group was building or buying a WMD to use against us?

This is important not only because she is a good friend who has been amazingly receptive over the years but she has a lot of influence in her area with teachers and various special interest health groups as well as influence in the religious community. So finding an answer for her would go a long way towards getting her to continue adopting the liberty philosophy and more importantly spreading the liberty gospel in her circle.

Thanks in advance!

Icymudpuppy
08-12-2011, 06:26 PM
The people and the government are different entities. If an individual Iranian acting alone mounts an attack, it is not an act of war. It is a criminal act to be responded with the appropriate response. A letter of Marquee informing the Iranian authorities that we are launching a mission authorizing the use of special troops to bring that specific person(s) to justice. Dead or Alive. Like the Seal team on Bin Laden was the appropriate constitutional response.

I believe there is a video on Ron discussing letters of Marquee...

John of Des Moines
08-12-2011, 06:31 PM
Tell her Iran is a party to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. Under the treaty the US has a duty to help in the construction in any nuclear reactor built by Iran. What better way to keep an eye on things and make sure that Iran is only use nuclear energy for peaceful purposes. (Such as making high unstable medical isotopes that only are stable for a few day which means they have to made in country to be of use.) Then point out only North Korea, India and Pakistan are not party members of the treaty. Oh and Israel is not a treaty party member as well.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
08-12-2011, 06:36 PM
Tell her Iran is a party to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. Under the treaty the US has a duty to help in the construction in any nuclear reactor built by Iran. What better way to keep an eye on things and make sure that Iran is only use nuclear energy for peaceful purposes. (Such as making high unstable medical isotopes that only are stable for a few day which means they have to made in country to be of use.) Then point out only North Korea, India and Pakistan are not party members of the treaty. Oh and Israel is not a treaty party member as well.

I would be more than happy to tell her that but she wants something directly from Ron explaining what he would do in the event of an attack from a hostile nation or group. She has always trusted my opinion and still does but his response on Iran concerned her enough that she wants an explanation directly from him so that there is no spin involved either way. So I am looking for an article by Ron or a video where he talks about this issue directly.

tsai3904
08-12-2011, 06:41 PM
I would be more than happy to tell her that but she wants something directly from Ron explaining what he would do in the event of an attack from a hostile nation or group.

http://paul.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=388&Itemid=60

Rudeman
08-12-2011, 06:55 PM
Point her to his vote giving authority to go after Bin Laden. Or that he's said if we are to go to war we should declare it.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
08-12-2011, 07:02 PM
http://paul.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=388&Itemid=60

Thank you very much for finding that link. I sent it to her and it seems to have satisfied her as far as what would happen with terrorist cells that might wish us harm. +rep

purplechoe
08-12-2011, 07:04 PM
I someone attacks our country I'm sure Ron would take appropriate actions to protect our country. The only thing he doesn't like are these preemptive wars which were the idea of Hitler. We have to attack them first before they can attack us. That has been the neocon stand these last 10 years...

kazmlsj
08-12-2011, 07:10 PM
Ron Paul on Foreign Policy
http://www.ontheissues.org/2012/Ron_Paul_Foreign_Policy.htm

Use Iraq as a history lesson...

Here is an interesting compilation: http://www.unique-design.net/library/nature/consequence/iraq.html

bunklocoempire
08-12-2011, 07:11 PM
Thank you very much for finding that link. I sent it to her and it seems to have satisfied her as far as what would happen with terrorist cells that might wish us harm. +rep

Perhaps you have already, but you may want to point out the date on Paul's Act -Wednesday, October 10, 2001

I make sure I point to that and show how quickly he wanted to take care of the problem compared to the status quo.

EDIT: He has also mentioned expediency pertaining to these important matters in writing, it's always impressed me. His book of writings/speeches 'Foreign Policy of Peace'(?) has a lot of 'directly from hims'.

(I loaned my copy to my pop and can't remember the exact title -excellent source)

Bunkloco

bunklocoempire
08-12-2011, 07:17 PM
nm

dusman
08-12-2011, 07:25 PM
Well, the real question is what is the capability if Iran does get a nuke? How would they deliver such a payload in an attack? The only plausible options would be with a Tactical Ballstic Missile (TBM) or by Aircraft. This is simply a no-threat, both to the United States and Israel. This entire region is heavily networked with air defense and simply no way for a TBM or Aircraft to come even close to Israel. We would probably know about a launch before it even happens with typical 3-4 hour heat times visible by satellite, and overwhelm them with firepower in such a case.

While it is very scary on the surface, the idea of Iran having a nuke. Once you realize the reality of the situation, it doesn't establish a threat just yet. We have to remember that this is a democratic country with elections. Ahmadinejad, won't remain in power through the next election cycle most likely. If he tries to keep it by force, he will be met with strong resistance from his own people.

In the end, we must be steadfast in our courage. We have bent too far to the fear tactics we are bombarded with by the media. We can be strong without firing a single shot. The greater threat here is government intervention. If these wars are any indication of how the government handles interventionism, just imagine what they have planned for your "greater welfare". Is that not a form of interventionism? It is more sensible to worry more that our Constitution is under threat than to worry about threats abroad.

Just like the Transcontinental Railroad coming into existence and after the end of the Civil War.. within 10 years we dramatically changed the world. Within that short period, we became the most powerful country on the planet. We can have that same effect on the world today, if we just change two things, 1) our foreign policy.. bring everything home and 2) remove the FED and reinstate Constitutional legal tender and competition. The vast impact a Paul administration could have, might revive a new American spirit around the world. We can do that and we need to do that.

If we don't start cleaning up our own house, before going over to our neighbors to tell them to clean up theirs.. one of these days the whole neighborhood is going to come knocking.

Quicknote: If it helps to solidify your argument, I was in Missile Defense and this was one of the regions I trained heavily on.

Kodaddy
08-12-2011, 07:27 PM
I think if we adhere to the founding fathers' principle of non-interventionism many terrorists and enemies of our current and past policies will consider it a victory for them. And our own country becoming safer will be a victory for all Americans. win-win... could usher in a new era of peace and prosperity.