PDA

View Full Version : Iowa Campaign Contrast: Michele Bachmann, Tim Pawlenty and Ron Paul (kinda funny)

sailingaway
08-12-2011, 05:27 PM
http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2011/08/iowa-campaign-contrast-michele-bachmann-tim-pawlenty-and-ron-paul.html

John of Des Moines
08-12-2011, 05:45 PM
I haven’t been to a Paul event since one in Cedar Rapids a few weeks ago, but if you want to talk about substance, there was plenty of it there. Paul seemed far more interested in talking about the Federal Reserve – boring as it might be to some people – than he did about exciting the audience. That stands to reason, since for the most part Paul’s supporters are a fervent bunch of long-time followers. In fact, at that event I asked a question about a “Made in America” story we were doing for “World News Tonight” and afterwards one Paul supporter approached me wondering why I hadn’t been asking about “more important things” like the Fed. In case you were wondering about Paul’s transportation, he hopped into a black Suburban and then drove off. It was in the midst of the debt ceiling debate in Washington, so the congressman had to jet back to DC for votes.

What is in bold is important. Camp followers.

Eleventh Star
08-12-2011, 05:49 PM
Comments on that piece are VERY encouraging.

rajibo
08-12-2011, 05:56 PM
http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2011/08/iowa-campaign-contrast-michele-bachmann-tim-pawlenty-and-ron-paul.html

Why did my antivirus block a suspicious executable .gif from this link?

pauliticalfan
08-12-2011, 05:56 PM
Comments on that piece are VERY encouraging.

Indeed. It sounds like if we win tomorrow, we can convert a lot of undecideds.

John of Des Moines
08-12-2011, 05:58 PM

Wow! My computer really bogged down and used a lot of processor times to deal with something while watching the video. That's what it was.

anewvoice
08-12-2011, 06:05 PM
"“Let’s make Obama a one-term president,” she wrote on the board. “I’ll get ‘er done!”"

Okay, I love Larry the Cable Guy as much as the next guy, and this was a funny line in CARS, but not in any lifetime will I cast a vote for President for someone that says "get 'er done".

sailingaway
08-12-2011, 06:06 PM

I don't know. I didn't get anything like that.