PDA

View Full Version : [Video] Juan Williams Defends Ron Paul On Fox's 'The Five', "Has Changed American History"

Immortal Technique
08-12-2011, 03:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4IJ_4xUBHU

Airing Date Aug.12, 2011
Juan Williams Defends Ron Paul On Fox's 'The Five' Show, "Has Changed American History"

MRoCkEd
08-12-2011, 04:01 PM
They all gave him some form of credit there.

Jeremy
08-12-2011, 04:02 PM
They all gave him some form of credit there.

Not Bolling.

low preference guy
08-12-2011, 04:02 PM
wow

MRoCkEd
08-12-2011, 04:03 PM
Not Bolling.
I was really just about to edit my post and add, "well, except Bolling."

Bruno
08-12-2011, 04:03 PM
Indeed. It went from "isn't the the kooky uncle" to "well, actually, I guess we can all agree with most of what he says, and in fact, so do most Americans."

kah13176
08-12-2011, 04:15 PM
Immediately after that, they discredited the Iowa Straw Poll saying that if Ron wins, it means nothing.

Cutlerzzz
08-12-2011, 04:28 PM
Bolling has Schiff on his show from time to time. I'm waiting for the day that the question of the 2012 elections come up.

KramerDSP
08-12-2011, 04:32 PM
Juan Williams basically just said we changed the course of American History.

ConvertedRepublican
08-12-2011, 04:33 PM
Greg Gutfield is a piece of human waste.

Lomez
08-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Greg Gutfield is a piece of human waste.

Yet he claims to be a libertarian.

jmdrake
08-12-2011, 04:51 PM
+For Juan Williams pushing the point that Ron Paul is a serious contender.
-For Juan Williams saying Ron Paul said he would legalize drugs when Ron Paul actually said he would leave it up to the states.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws7Zp41fByE

------For Juan Williams not having the good historical sense to know that South Carolina is a strong believer of states rights going all the way back to the pre-civil war nullification crisis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnTlmznJTXo

wgadget
08-12-2011, 04:55 PM
Yet today on Michael Medved's show, he gave props to Mittens.

Johnny Appleseed
08-12-2011, 05:27 PM
The good Dr. is the only one wanting to make significant cuts in the government peacefully. These knuckleheads don't realize that a reduction in government is coming, peacefully or not.

purplechoe
08-12-2011, 06:04 PM
well the good Dr. has definitely changed my life... good to hear that others are acknowledging him...

PS. Yes, Greg is an idiot, every time I've seen him on TV he actually talks and smiles about the fact that he knows very little about anything...

TroySmith
08-12-2011, 06:05 PM
Bolling's little ploy backfired there quite badly.

Eleventh Star
08-12-2011, 06:16 PM
Greg Gutfeld is the same guy who got the entire nation of Canada furious at Fox by making fun of the Canadian commitment to Afghanistan. He didn't quite get the smackdown he deserved here, but it'll be revenge enough when Ron wins tomorrow.

Theocrat
08-12-2011, 07:27 PM
I think Juan Williams is a little bit inconsistent with Ron Paul. In the follow video, he acknowledges that our political culture has been shaped by Ron Paul's stances on the issues over the years, especially the economy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te5jvi4n3a4

But then in the video in the OP, Juan acts like Ron Paul is not strong enough to be a serious contender in the race, not even enough for Juan to vote for him.

jmdrake
08-12-2011, 07:57 PM
I think Juan Williams is a little bit inconsistent with Ron Paul. In the follow video, he acknowledges that our political culture has been shaped by Ron Paul's stances on the issues over the years, especially the economy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te5jvi4n3a4

But then in the video in the OP, Juan acts like Ron Paul is not strong enough to be a serious contender in the race, not even enough for Juan to vote for him.

I think Juan was clear that he thinks Ron is a serious contender. Juan's not voting for Ron has more to do with Juan disagreeing with Ron. Remember Juan Williams is the same guy that's afraid to get on airplanes when he sees people in "Muslim garb". (When's the last time any terrorist in the U.S. wore Muslim garb when carrying out a terrorist act?) We have to remember that there are some people who just simple disagree with Ron as opposed to dismissing him over "electability".

Brett85
08-12-2011, 08:10 PM
Yet he claims to be a libertarian.

What video were you watching? Gutfield didn't say anything negative about Ron, and at the end he said that he agreed with Ron that drugs and prostitution should be legalized.

Koz
08-12-2011, 08:19 PM
Bolling is an ass.

V3n
08-12-2011, 08:23 PM
Juan Williams may not vote for him or want him as President, but I respect a man that can step outside himself and look at the larger picture of American politics. Juan has written (http://thehill.com/opinion/columnists/juan-williams/159863-ron-paul-driving-the-republican-campaign) and said many positive things about Ron Paul, whether he agrees with him or not. I appreciate and respect that.

Look at the way he changed this conversation - it was going one way, and he spoke up and changed the entire tone, the entire course, of the conversation into the other hosts talking about the things they like about Ron Paul. He may not be "on our team" but at least he's open-minded enough to state the facts and not let his personal opinions get in the way. We (America, not just RP fans) need more journalists like Juan Williams.

Steve-in-NY
08-12-2011, 08:24 PM
Juan Williams may not vote for him or want him as President, but I respect a man that can step outside himself and look at the larger picture of American politics. Juan has written (http://thehill.com/opinion/columnists/juan-williams/159863-ron-paul-driving-the-republican-campaign) and said many positive things about Ron Paul, whether he agrees with him or not. I appreciate and respect that.

Look at the way he changed this conversation - it was going one way, and he spoke up and changed the entire tone, the entire course, of the conversation into the other hosts talking about the things they like about Ron Paul. He may not be "on our team" but at least he's open-minded enough to state the facts and not let his personal opinions get in the way. We (America, not just RP fans) need more journalists like Juan Williams.

Well said.

Jandrsn21
08-12-2011, 08:25 PM
I wonder how many reporters and tv personalities are closet Ron Paul supporters!? You see that here in this clip, when Juan speaks up, they all agree and can't deny how influential and right he really is! They also self censor themselves, out of fear of being "kooky" themselves. I like Ron Paul, he's right about everything, he never flip flops, and yet I could never vote for him, because I don't want my colleagues to see me as a "nut job." Sad little people really, no courage, all they have is an empty sense of ambition and will sell this country out to achieve their petty goal of getting a show with 1 million viewers. Disgusting!

Bruno
08-12-2011, 08:32 PM

+ rep; well stated

McBell
08-12-2011, 08:59 PM
...allowing Iran to govern itself is "out there"?

HOLLYWOOD
08-12-2011, 09:15 PM
Not Bolling.

Bolling:
"We haven't... moving right along, we haven't talked much about Ron Paul. Anyone get the sense that Ron Paul, like, Crazy Uncle Ron. I've done this show on why Americans shouldn't vote for Ron Paul. Some of this stuff is pretty out there Ange (Andrea Tantaros). :rolleyes:This is the FOX agenda... Back on FOX BIZ "HAPPY HOUR" Cody Willard and Rebecca Diamond stuck up for Ron Paul and all his policies, against warhawk, islamophobe, NEOCON fascist Eric Bolling. Show cancelled, Cody and Rebecca fired and Eric Bolling promoted to his own show AND 7 figure salary. He carries the water of his producers/directors, etc and stars on both FOX channels across many segments daily.

This is what needs to be combated and communicated to the people.