PDA

View Full Version : Final Tally of Questions Asked at the FOX News Iowa GOP Debate

Theocrat
08-12-2011, 02:56 PM
While watching the debate last night, I took a count of all the questions asked to the candidates, and this is the final tally of them (from most to least):

Bachmann - 17 questions asked
Paul - 15 questions asked
Romney - 15 questions asked
Pawlenty - 14 questions asked
Cain - 12 questions asked
Gingrich - 12 questions asked
Huntsman - 11 questions asked
Santorum - 11 questions asked

From that information, it seems like Congressman Paul is getting more attention in the debates than usual, and that is a great trend. I hope he continues to get more questions in the debates to come because he is the only candidate who stands out amongst the rest.

trey4sports
08-12-2011, 02:57 PM
Like i said, FOX was fair in the sense that they attacked pretty much everyone evenly.

realtonygoodwin
08-12-2011, 02:58 PM
Can someone tally up how much speaking time they each used?

Theocrat
08-12-2011, 02:59 PM
Like i said, FOX was fair in the sense that they attacked pretty much everyone evenly.

Honestly, it was the female moderator who evened out the questions asked more so than any of the other moderators.

Theocrat
08-12-2011, 03:02 PM

Unfortunately, I didn't get that information. [lol]

sratiug
08-12-2011, 03:02 PM
Y'all notice they never ask Dr. Paul the abortion questions?

KEEF
08-12-2011, 03:40 PM
While watching the debate last night, I took a count of all the questions asked to the candidates, and this is the final tally of them (from most to least):

From that information, it seems like Congressman Paul is getting more attention in the debates than usual, and that is a great trend. I hope he continues to get more questions in the debates to come because he is the only candidate who stands out amongst the rest.

Yeah but how many questions did Paul get during the first hour when it was all about the economy?...1
And it is his message on the Fed, the dollar, etc. that will get him the nomination.

Paulatized
08-12-2011, 05:15 PM
Y'all notice they never ask Dr. Paul the abortion questions?

Yep, I was yelling at the TV like a fool when that happened.

loveshiscountry
08-13-2011, 10:09 PM

thx Theo

Curious did you count the exchange between Ron and Santorum as 1 each or did you count each response? Sometimes in those exchanges, especially Bachmann, its a repeat.

It didn't seem like Ron had that many different questions but I'd like it to be him vs the other 7 question for question anyway.

musicmax
08-14-2011, 09:58 AM

Well, the video of "all RP's questions and answers" that's floating around runs about 15:30. On a two-hour debate, with eight candidates and commercials, it means he got at least equal time compared to the rest of the field.

However the early segments on the economy seemed weighted to Mitt/MB/T-Paw/Newt while the later questions about foreign policy and GGG went more to RP and Frothy.

pacu44
08-14-2011, 07:19 PM
They dont like his anti war policy, so thats where they focus...

They are not going to direct questions on the Fed, they wont let him bite the hand that feeds them...

nothing fair and balanced about what they report or what they decide...

Theocrat
08-14-2011, 09:46 PM
thx Theo

Curious did you count the exchange between Ron and Santorum as 1 each or did you count each response? Sometimes in those exchanges, especially Bachmann, its a repeat.

It didn't seem like Ron had that many different questions but I'd like it to be him vs the other 7 question for question anyway.

Yes, I counted the interchanges between candidates as separate questions, seeing them as opportunities for rebuttals to being asked the original question.

libertybrewcity
08-15-2011, 10:18 AM
RP got about 14 minutes of speaking time. And many of those were rebuttals. Are you sure it was 15?

fatjohn
08-15-2011, 10:22 AM
They focus a lot on his foreign policy, not on his economic policy.