PDA

View Full Version : Did Santorum/Newt decide to take a "hit for the team" last night??

Butchie
08-12-2011, 02:26 PM
What both of them did was very calculated against Ron Paul, think about it, both these guys know by Monday they'll be out of the race and they know RP is rising. Seemed a great strategy for Newt to go out there and steal Paul's thunder by talking about the Super Congress and the Fed (as if he's the first guy to lead the charge on that) all the while Santorum hammer's Ron on Iran and starts a little schoolyard fight, I hate to sound like some weird "conspiracy" type but that all seemed a beautifully staged assault on Ron by two irrelevant cadidates.

John of Des Moines
08-12-2011, 02:29 PM
Dude, don't join the forums and on your 4th post dump a thing like the above post on the rest of us. You hurt my head.

Butchie
08-12-2011, 02:34 PM
Oh brother, am I in another one of these forums where everyone sits around counting peoples posts and how long they've been a member. For your info I've been a supporter of RP for over 5mnths now and have already maxed out on my campaign donations, I've currently convinced more than 15 people (that I know of) to vote for him and continue to do more all the time. A little advice to you, if I WERE new to Ron Paul and his ideas and came her to see what he was about and you responded to me like that I'd likely not have a very good impression of Ron Pual, maybe you should consider that next time.

trey4sports
08-12-2011, 02:35 PM
no.

it's not a giant conspiracy.

They are working in their own self-interest...

hueylong
08-12-2011, 02:36 PM
Neither candidate hurt Ron Paul in any significant way. Newt pontificating about the Federal Reserve just makes Ron look more mainstream. Ron's exchange with Santorum on Iran is much like the 2008 'Rudy' moment.

parocks
08-12-2011, 02:40 PM
Gingrich helped himself a lot last night. He's not out of the race. Pawlenty on the other hand, is probably not looking so good. Santorum made a clear grab for Socons who are not Tea Party.

specsaregood
08-12-2011, 02:42 PM
You attack the frontrunner. Does anything else need to be said?

Also: welcome to the forums!

Cap'n Crunk
08-12-2011, 02:46 PM
Gingrich helped himself a lot last night. He's not out of the race. Pawlenty on the other hand, is probably not looking so good. Santorum made a clear grab for Socons who are not Tea Party.

Agreed. I thought Newt had a great debate last night. Don't see him going anywhere though.

parocks
08-12-2011, 03:02 PM
Gingrich is taking the McCain track. Whether he's successful with this, who knows? Nobody's attacking him, and I'd guess that's the way he likes it.

tfurrh
08-12-2011, 03:08 PM
This is now my favorite thread. LOL. While there is probably no chance they 'took one for the team,' I really admire the optimism.

FreedomProsperityPeace
08-12-2011, 05:37 PM
I wouldn't put it past some of these people to cut backroom deals before the debate. "Hey Rick, perhaps if you go after Ron Paul tonight, you might be in consideration for my VP spot...."

extrmmxer
08-12-2011, 05:48 PM
Funny I saw this thread. I was just talking about this today. I noticed Mitt and Michele didn't refer to Ron at all. Meanwhile, the expendable ones clearly went after him. I thought Mitt and Michele didn't want to stoop down to his level, so let the expandables do it. If the elites engage with Ron than it makes him an elite as well. I just got that feeling while watching.

Pro-Life Libertarian
08-12-2011, 06:03 PM
Newt helped us.

acptulsa
08-12-2011, 06:05 PM
Newt the opportunist, alias the Grinch That Stole Libertarianism.

Did Santorum take one for the team? Santorum did what losers do when they're losing. He either did it for the team or he didn't. Who really cares which?

White Bear Lake
08-12-2011, 06:17 PM
Santorum is just making a last ditch effort to position himself as the hardcore neocon/religious right crusader. The problem is those positions are about a half decade out of date for the GOP.

As for Newt, he's always been intelligent. Slimy as hell, but definitely very smart. He obviously sees the truth in Austrian economics and is trying to position himself as an economic wonk.

libertybrewcity
08-12-2011, 06:19 PM
An election is not a team sport.

thank you for your donations.

parocks
08-12-2011, 06:26 PM
Funny I saw this thread. I was just talking about this today. I noticed Mitt and Michele didn't refer to Ron at all. Meanwhile, the expendable ones clearly went after him. I thought Mitt and Michele didn't want to stoop down to his level, so let the expandables do it. If the elites engage with Ron than it makes him an elite as well. I just got that feeling while watching.

If you were to guess who is still in the race in January, would you say Gingrich, or Bachmann?

Nate-ForLiberty
08-12-2011, 06:30 PM
What both of them did was very calculated against Ron Paul, think about it, both these guys know by Monday they'll be out of the race and they know RP is rising. Seemed a great strategy for Newt to go out there and steal Paul's thunder by talking about the Super Congress and the Fed (as if he's the first guy to lead the charge on that) all the while Santorum hammer's Ron on Iran and starts a little schoolyard fight, I hate to sound like some weird "conspiracy" type but that all seemed a beautifully staged assault on Ron by two irrelevant cadidates.

Yes. The whole debate (minus Ron) was scripted. Surprised more people can't see that.

Hoarse
08-12-2011, 06:31 PM
Funny I saw this thread. I was just talking about this today. I noticed Mitt and Michele didn't refer to Ron at all. Meanwhile, the expendable ones clearly went after him. I thought Mitt and Michele didn't want to stoop down to his level, so let the expandables do it. If the elites engage with Ron than it makes him an elite as well. I just got that feeling while watching. I got the same feeling also. For them to spar with Ron would be to acknowledge him as front running candidate also. It just takes more than 30s to get Ron's message and most voters will base there votes on the highlights from these WWF matches. There is no doubt in my mind that if these things where not timed actually went into depth about the subject Ron would tear any of the candidates a new one. At one time I thought Ron sounded a little strange until I sat down and actually listened to him and studied some on how government actually ( globalists ) operates.

FreedomProsperityPeace
08-12-2011, 06:52 PM
If you were to guess who is still in the race in January, would you say Gingrich, or Bachmann?To tell you the truth, I don't think either will still be in the race. Newt is just trying to tread water now, and will bow out at the next opportunity. Bachmann will self-destruct sometime before January. She just can't stand up to close scrutiny IMO.

parocks
08-12-2011, 07:37 PM
To tell you the truth, I don't think either will still be in the race. Newt is just trying to tread water now, and will bow out at the next opportunity. Bachmann will self-destruct sometime before January. She just can't stand up to close scrutiny IMO.

I agree with what you say on Bachmann.

Butchie
08-12-2011, 11:33 PM
You attack the frontrunner. Does anything else need to be said?

Also: welcome to the forums!

Thank you specs, great to be among fellow Paul fans, I'm "out in the field" so much and it get's discouraging, amazing how many people in my own county don't even know who RP is, either that or they come at me with the media propoganda: "That guys racist" "I'd vote for him but he can't win" "He's an isolationist" "Isn't he that crazy old man?" "Isn't he running Independent?".

Paul4Prez
08-13-2011, 12:35 AM
Newt paid Ron Paul a compliment, by copying his ideas.
Santorum may have cut a deal with Mitt (or Perry) to highlight Ron Paul's views on Iran and marriage. I doubt Santorum is VP material, but maybe a cabinet post.

Politics is not a team sport, but self interest isn't always about winning, and politicians conspire all the time.

nocompromises
08-13-2011, 04:31 AM
A low post count does not mean that someone is a troll.

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-13-2011, 04:33 AM
The Build-a-burgers don't care for any of the candidates. They want Rick Perry to win and continue the endless wars and treason. Hopefully we can catch the electronic voting fraud this time around.

extrmmxer
08-13-2011, 05:12 PM
Man, it feels good to be a free thinker. Good job to everyone who sensed the BS at the debate. Looks like the feeling is truthful.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?308559-quot-I-think-my-challenge-of-Ron-Paul-hurt-him.-Michelle-Bachmann-should-thank-me.-quot-Santorum