PDA

View Full Version : For Everyone Here who Thinks Beck is Great

Koz
08-12-2011, 02:00 PM
Anyone who could list Bachmann or Santorum as thier favorites cannot possibly be in Ron Paul's camp, or for that matter even in the same zip code.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/beck-chooses-principled-michele-bachmann-as-his-current-presidential-pick/

RM918
08-12-2011, 02:05 PM
I think the time of the Beck defenders has long passed. I've not heard anything from them in a long time.

amonasro
08-12-2011, 02:06 PM
I think the time of the Beck defenders has long passed. I've not heard anything from them in a long time.

We tried to warn them...

Anti Federalist
08-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Comments are interesting

Agorism
08-12-2011, 02:10 PM
FU Beck!

AuH20
08-12-2011, 02:14 PM
Gimme a freaking break. Bachmann is basically a Paul acolyte and only disagrees with Paul on foreign policy issues related to Israel and the threat of Islamic fundamentalists. All the posters in here make it like Bachmann is a foreign alien compared to Paul, when they agree on 85% of the same issues. I read the same crap on Free Republic from the hawks who swear that Ron is an unapologetic leftist who is completed detached from the Republican mold. Both voted against TARP as a minority in the house, both voted for auditing the Fed, both voted against the Debt Ceiling deal, both are fiercely opposed to ENDING Obamacare as opposed to the Republican credo of REPEAL & REPLACE, etc. I'm certainly not saying that Bachmann is a great candidate but she and Paul are very similar.

Now Santorum is Santorum. He's far out there.

ExPatPaki
08-12-2011, 02:17 PM
A great way to address the "threat" of Islamic fundamentalists would be to stop supporting them in Libya (al-Qaeda) and Iran (MEK and Jundullah). I know it sounds crazy but it might just work.

But wait, Bachmann has called for the US to support the MEK, an Islamist-Marxist group which has attacked and killed both American and Iranians:

Bachmann Claims Iran ‘Already Has Nuclear Capability,’ Calls For U.S. To Support Anti-Iranian Terrorists (http://thinkprogress.org/security/2010/11/17/176377/bachmann-claims-iran-already-has-nuclear-capability-calls-for-u-s-to-support-anti-iranian-terrorists/)

AuH20
08-12-2011, 02:28 PM
A great way to address the "threat" of Islamic fundamentalists would be to stop supporting them in Libya (al-Qaeda) and Iran (MEK and Jundullah). I know it sounds crazy but it might just work.

But wait, Bachmann has called for the US to support the MEK, an Islamist-Marxist group which has attacked and killed both American and Iranians:

Bachmann Claims Iran ‘Already Has Nuclear Capability,’ Calls For U.S. To Support Anti-Iranian Terrorists (http://thinkprogress.org/security/2010/11/17/176377/bachmann-claims-iran-already-has-nuclear-capability-calls-for-u-s-to-support-anti-iranian-terrorists/)

People like Beck and Bachmann's faith are being exploited by the AIPAC lobby in D.C. It's that simple. They have a great affinity for the Jewish people per the respective scriptures they adhere to. That's basically the major problem, when a sizable republican majority truly believe that they're doing God's work by both arming and defending Israel. It's quite a puzzle we're faced with, when we're attempting to thwart what amounts to be largely a faith-based belief.

V4Vendetta
08-12-2011, 02:28 PM
Beck is a Rat.... Cocaroach.... vermin.... whatever you want to choose.... Beck is a piece of poop - Joseph Smith - save me - and give my my planet please - I'm ready rule over people

bunklocoempire
08-12-2011, 02:30 PM
Comments are interesting

Interesting is certainly one way to put it.

I laughed, I cried, I threw a fit...:D

I want to buy 'Okie from Muskogee' and a couple others a beer or two for learnin' them Ameri-cants a thing or two.

The emotion driven herd think is incredible (pathetic/dangerous).

"You support my fear, and I'll support yours -we'll both be scared together whilst hiding behind this thing that could not logically or even possibly save us -Freedom!!":rolleyes::(

Bunkloco

ctiger2
08-12-2011, 02:33 PM
All the posters in here make it like Bachmann is a foreign alien compared to Paul, when they agree on 85% of the same issues. I'm certainly not saying that Bachmann is a great candidate but she and Paul are very similar.

You're that easily fooled by Bachmann? Lemme give you a hint, she's telling you what you want to hear [LYING] so she can win. Got it?

davidhperry
08-12-2011, 02:35 PM
(I used to like Beck, but that was before he was on TV.) However, Beck might like RP more had he not received numerous death threats from RP supporters during the last election.

AuH20
08-12-2011, 02:35 PM
You're that easily fooled by Bachmann? Lemme give you a hint, she's telling you what you want to hear [LYING] so she can win. Got it?

Nah. Bachmann is a little ole house member who's hated by the establishment (see Newsweek cover and other periodicals). She's certainly not perfect but certainly an upgrade over Bushite Rick Perry and CFR man Mitt Romney. She has votes which attest to this independence and secondly, she's chained by the tea party.

Austrian Econ Disciple
08-12-2011, 02:42 PM
Nah. Bachmann is a little ole house member who's hated by the establishment (see Newsweek cover and other periodicals). She's certainly not perfect but certainly an upgrade over Bushite Rick Perry and CFR man Mitt Romney. She has votes which attest to this independence and secondly, she's chained by the tea party.

Whenever I think of Bachmann I imagine this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOVaPb2nVys

Ekrub
08-12-2011, 03:34 PM
I doubt Dylan rattigan will be endorsing Ron Paul but it's hard to deny that he sides with us on many issues and is a valuable asset to us. Beck picked Paul to be treasury secretary not too long ago... I thought it was already known that he wasn't going to endorse him for president. All the neener neener told you so's are getting annoying. I've yet to see anyone on here fully endorse beck as the model of libertarianism, so stop acting like that. Accept that he has helped to expose the federal reserve and at least been fair to Paul recently. I know, I know, he Called us terrorists 4 years ago. but people change. People who are helping to spread powerful ideas such as auditing and ending the fed, perhaps the greatest threat to freedom in this country, are not the devil as you make it out to be. Keep your eye on the prize and stop alienating everyone that isn't 100% pure. Not saying that you have to like their agenda or have to watch their show or vote for them (I would hope you would support a liberty candidate), but the quickest way to get freedom back is through coalitions, not compromise. So please. Stop with the childish behavior.

Zatch
08-12-2011, 03:40 PM
He also has urged his listeners to donate to The Chamber of Commerce and helped them have one of their biggest fundraising days. The chamber of commerce is an insanely corporatist group that lobbied for TARP, the Stimulus, supports Amnesty for illegals, supported the recent Debt Deal. They are against almost everything the Tea Party is about and Glenn Beck urged his listeners to donate to them:

TheBlaze.com - "Glenn Beck calls for largest day of fundraising for Chamber of Commerce": http://www.theblaze.com/stories/glenn-beck-calls-for-largest-day-of-fundraising-for-chamber-of-commerce/

monte
08-12-2011, 03:42 PM
I listened to some of Becks show this morning. He said RP has no clue about the middle east, and said Santorum is an expert on the middle east. One of his producers said RP is an isolationist. They were really coming after RP hardcore. Then later Beck started saying something about how he (Beck) is fufilling Biblical prophesy. I can't stand Beck.

RM918
08-12-2011, 03:51 PM

This is the exact same logic people use for why Palin MUST be awesome. The 'establishment' dislikes Bachmann = Bachmann is trustworthy! What proof is there that Bachmann won't go back to neocon ways the moment the Reds usurp the Blues once again? Did Bush in '00 not teach anyone anything?

Kords21
08-12-2011, 04:19 PM
Maybe Beck and Santorum can be battle buddies in the Israeli army since they care so much about Israel.

AuH20
08-12-2011, 04:28 PM
This is the exact same logic people use for why Palin MUST be awesome. The 'establishment' dislikes Bachmann = Bachmann is trustworthy! What proof is there that Bachmann won't go back to neocon ways the moment the Reds usurp the Blues once again? Did Bush in '00 not teach anyone anything?

Bush's people are throwing their money behind Perry in great numbers. Nuff said. He's the stealth candidate who I'm greatly worried about, as opposed to Bachmann.

FrankRep
08-12-2011, 04:53 PM
http://images.publicradio.org/content/2011/03/24/20110324_michele-bachmann-ron-paul_33.jpg

AuH20
08-12-2011, 04:55 PM
http://images.publicradio.org/content/2011/03/24/20110324_michele-bachmann-ron-paul_33.jpg

Great photo. If Bachmann is so bad as many attest, Ron would have gone out of his way to attack her, in the manner he spoke stridently against Governor Perry.

payme_rick
08-12-2011, 05:13 PM
Ron didn't go out of his way to attack Romney, Cain, Newt or Huntsman last night, so I guess they're not half-bad either.. And you've gotta love that Patriot Act!

And AUH20, Glenn's not done yet... Just wait for the Perry love, because Perry's that old flame that he just can't put out... it's coming... pretty sure we'll get some random photo of Perry and Paul shaking hands, and some kind of weak defense from you guys as to why Glenn failed to endorse the true libertarian platform...

Napolitanic Wars
08-12-2011, 05:15 PM

That came and went for me too. I didn't understand why RP people didn't like Beck when he was talking about all the right stuff. But really he would rarely talk about the right stuff (and promote it to get TEA Party viewers) then talk about useless garbage the rest. It's so sad that "TEA Party" Beck had Rand on his show way less than establishment Hannity.

jmdrake
08-12-2011, 05:18 PM
Gimme a freaking break. Bachmann is basically a Paul acolyte and only disagrees with Paul on foreign policy issues related to Israel and the threat of Islamic fundamentalists. All the posters in here make it like Bachmann is a foreign alien compared to Paul, when they agree on 85% of the same issues. I read the same crap on Free Republic from the hawks who swear that Ron is an unapologetic leftist who is completed detached from the Republican mold. Both voted against TARP as a minority in the house, both voted for auditing the Fed, both voted against the Debt Ceiling deal, both are fiercely opposed to ENDING Obamacare as opposed to the Republican credo of REPEAL & REPLACE, etc. I'm certainly not saying that Bachmann is a great candidate but she and Paul are very similar.

Now Santorum is Santorum. He's far out there.

Need I remind you that Bachman supports the Patriot Act? What does that have to do with foreign policy or supporting Israel? :confused:

jmdrake
08-12-2011, 05:19 PM

:rolleyes:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2126/2178356942_492bf48344.jpg

payme_rick
08-12-2011, 05:21 PM
And the fact that Beck would want to pick Santorum over Paul clearly tells you how far away from being a true libertarian, and truely being a freedom supporter Beck really is...

AuH20
08-12-2011, 05:22 PM
Need I remind you that Bachman supports the Patriot Act? What does that have to do with foreign policy or supporting Israel? :confused:

The Patriot Act was enacted to prevent the coordination of a terrorist attack in this country by a foreign force. Some politicians erred on the side of caution by backing it instead of taking the long view. Despite popular belief, you can be principled and find reasons to support the Patriot Act. You don't need a nefarious motive to support the Patriot Act.

Cutlerzzz
08-12-2011, 05:24 PM
Bachmann also supported the Nancy Pelosi stimulus bill, 192 billion dollars in additional stimulus, the wars, and the Paul Ryan plan that would add tens of trillions to the deficit.

FrankRep
08-12-2011, 05:25 PM

Ron Paul's speech, with Michele Bachmann

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YleZcGvr5UQ&feature=fvst

AuH20
08-12-2011, 05:26 PM
Ron didn't go out of his way to attack Romney, Cain, Newt or Huntsman last night, so I guess they're not half-bad either.. And you've gotta love that Patriot Act!

And AUH20, Glenn's not done yet... Just wait for the Perry love, because Perry's that old flame that he just can't put out... it's coming... pretty sure we'll get some random photo of Perry and Paul shaking hands, and some kind of weak defense from you guys as to why Glenn failed to endorse the true libertarian platform...

I can disagree with Beck. I know where Beck stands in relation to his spiritual faith. He places a priority on Israel and some social issues. That's his prerogative. We can co-exist as opposed to Rush Limbaugh who went as far to equate Ron Paul as a poison to the GOP.

YumYum
08-12-2011, 05:32 PM
Maybe Beck and Santorum can be battle buddies in the Israeli army since they care so much about Israel.

True, and this is what divides politics. It's not the issues, but whether you support, back and stand by Israel. And yet, Ron becoming president could be the best thing that ever happens to Israel.

payme_rick
08-12-2011, 05:33 PM
I don't care what Glenn Beck's faith is... he places "some social issues" and "Israel" as a priority for our government and according to his two presidential picks (until Perry, of course), he's somewhere in between Santorum and Michelle... he's not a libertarian and apparently, that train that was leading him to being "more and more like Ron Paul every day" finally ran out of track...

AuH20
08-12-2011, 05:36 PM
Bachmann also supported the Nancy Pelosi stimulus bill, 192 billion dollars in additional stimulus, the wars, and the Paul Ryan plan that would add tens of trillions to the deficit.

This is where the rubber meets the road. Disparage this. Bachmann's record holds up to scrutiny on the critical issues.

- She voted against the first proposed $700 billion bailout of financial institutions, which failed to pass 205–228. She also advocated breaking up Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and barring executives from excessive compensation or golden parachutes. However, she also advocated a plan that would suspend mark-to-market accounting rules and supported suspending the capital gains tax.[80]

- On March 26, 2009, following comments by China proposing adoption of a global reserve currency, Bachmann introduced a resolution calling for a constitutional amendment to bar the dollar from being replaced by a foreign currency. Current law prohibits foreign currency from being recognized in the U.S., but Bachmann expressed concerns relating to the President's power to make and interpret treaties.[92]

- Soon after being sworn in to her third term Bachmann introduced legislation to repeal the Dodd-Frank financial reform law.

- In the Minnesota Senate, Bachmann opposed minimum wage increases.[142] In an interview in late June 2011, Bachmann did not back away from her earlier proposal to eliminate the federal minimum wage, a change she said would "virtually wipe out unemployment."[143]

- She also voted for the audit of the Fed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ5CPaTWQuA

And this is the woman who is Satan Incarnate around here? Please!!!!! I'm not advocating to send her money but the hyperbole and fear mongering has to cease.

AuH20
08-12-2011, 05:37 PM
I don't care what Glenn Beck's faith is... he places "some social issues" and "Israel" as a priority for our government and according to his two presidential picks (until Perry, of course), he's somewhere in between Santorum and Michelle... he's not a libertarian and apparently, that train that was leading him to being "more and more like Ron Paul every day" finally ran out of track...

Glenn's faith places a predominant role in his world view. That's why Santorum is his second choice. I don't agree with his perspective but I understand it.

specsaregood
08-12-2011, 05:39 PM
(I used to like Beck, but that was before he was on TV.) However, Beck might like RP more had he not received numerous death threats from RP supporters during the last election.

And you are sure that actually happened? How? You ever hear of anybody arrested for it? Surely, serious death threats wouldn't go unpunished, right.
Or was it just a gotcha moment made up by a blatant liar?

payme_rick
08-12-2011, 05:42 PM
Glenn's faith places a predominant role in his world view. That's why Santorum is his second choice.

I understand that... which is why he is who he is, and it is no friend of true liberty... no matter WHY he feels that way, I could give two, three shits... he is who he is, is the point... is

AuH20
08-12-2011, 05:43 PM
I understand that... which is why he is who he is, and it is no friend of true liberty... no matter WHY he feels that way, I could give two, three shits... he is who he is, is the point... is

I think what you see with Beck is a manic depressant type who is torn between reason and his faith, which explains his conflicting views at times.

Feeding the Abscess
08-12-2011, 05:45 PM
Bachmann votes with Ron 77% of the time, and with Boehner and Cantor 95% and 94% of the time. Also in the course of that 77%, she departs on major, major issues, like Bush's stimulus, PATRIOT Act, Ryan's budget (which would have raised the debt ceiling for decades), and foreign policy.

Her actions speak louder than her words.

jmdrake
08-12-2011, 05:47 PM
The Patriot Act was enacted to prevent the coordination of a terrorist attack in this country by a foreign force. Some politicians erred on the side of caution by backing it instead of taking the long view. Despite popular belief, you can be principled and find reasons to support the Patriot Act. You don't need a nefarious motive to support the Patriot Act.

You don't need a "nefarious motive" to support Obamacare either. You don't need a "nefarious motive" to have supported the bailouts. Some people are just ignorant. And I'm not blaming Michelle Bachmann for supporting the Patriot act back in 2003 when people hadn't actually read it. I'm blaming her for supporting it in 2011 when people have had a chance to read it, digest it, and see it put into action against the American people. In 2011 if you truly believe in liberty and limited government and you support the Patriot Act then you are brain dead end of story.

Edit: And for the record, it's naive to think that the Patriot Act was "enacted to prevent the coordination of a terrorist attack in this country by a foreign force". The major provisions of the Patriot Act were proposed by Bill Clinton before 9/11 when the worst terrorist attack in U.S. history was (supposedly) carried out by American Tim McVeigh. The Patriot Act has always been aimed at Americans.

jmdrake
08-12-2011, 05:48 PM

Ron Paul's speech, with Michele Bachmann

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YleZcGvr5UQ&feature=fvst

Ron Paul's speech, with Dennis Kucinich

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSBdRVH3AUI

Just because Ron Paul is cordial with someone, works with that person, and even co-authors legislation with him (as Dr. Paul has with Dennis Kucinich) doesn't mean that person is worthy of general support of the RP movement. And I'm not saying you're supporting Bachmann. But trying to imply she's some female Ron Paul light by some pictures and videos is ridiculous.

The problem with Bachmann.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0X7uLKBi2I

"I think it wasn't explained well to members". Really? So Michelle thinks she's smarter than Ron Paul?

payme_rick
08-12-2011, 05:50 PM
I think what you see with Beck is a manic depressant type who is torn between reason and his faith, which explains his conflicting views at times.

That's fine, I can understand that... but that supports most of us anti-Beckers' arguments here... he can't be trusted, because he cannot be consistant, and we don't care WHY he can't... he's just not...

I'd give him a little more room if every hardcore Beck-listener (not on RPF) I talk to in real life and on my facebook etc... weren't still hoping for Adam West to run, and a lot of 'em even wanting Rick Perry to run... of course they like Bachmann, but overall like West and Perry and hell, most of them along with me live in Ron Paul's district... Apparently, for all of that liberty he spreads, he hasn't been spreading it enough...

Imaginos
08-12-2011, 05:53 PM
Snakes will be snakes.

AuH20
08-12-2011, 05:56 PM
That's fine, I can understand that... but that supports most of us anti-Beckers' arguments here... he can't be trusted, because he cannot be consistant, and we don't care WHY he can't... he's just not...

I'd give him a little more room if every hardcore Beck-listener (not on RPF) I talk to in real life and on my facebook etc... weren't still hoping for Adam West to run, and a lot of 'em even wanting Rick Perry to run... of course they like Bachmann, but overall like West and Perry and hell, most of them along with me live in Ron Paul's district... Apparently, for all of that liberty he spreads, he hasn't been spreading it enough...

Beck is a work in progress. Whether he ever comes full circle remains to be seen, even despite his occasional flirtations. As far as I'm concerned I enjoy the fact that he is roughly 75% in our camp and promotes issues that build our strength. I don't get offended when professes his love to Jerusalem because I understand where he is coming from. I still may believe his position to be foolish and dangerous, but I'm not going to lose sleep about it.

Carehn
08-12-2011, 05:56 PM
Just ignore him guys. Don't even go to his site any more. Hes on the down slide and it looks like he does not want to go down gracefully.

Sad really. Some people just snap when they get the 15 mins of fame. Beck just could not handle it.

josh b
08-12-2011, 06:12 PM
Just ignore him guys. Don't even go to his site any more. Hes on the down slide and it looks like he does not want to go down gracefully.

Sad really. Some people just snap when they get the 15 mins of fame. Beck just could not handle it.

Yeah, Beck's not the most stable person in the world.

She may be closer to Paul's position than many of the other candidates but this record sucks. Unless she has massively changed her views then she's just not worth it as a candidate.

purplechoe
08-12-2011, 06:29 PM
any chance Beck had with me vanished after his Medina interview...

http://doctorbulldog.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/wgs-debra-medina-gu_101027e.jpg

she was even part of that scumbags 9/12 project... He makes Alex Jones look sane...

PS. I don't hate Alex, just not a fan of his delivery of the message...

AuH20
08-12-2011, 07:06 PM
I respectfully disagree with Glenn here. Iran takes such an aggressive posture against Israel and it's western allies because they're deathly afraid of being another Iraq. So they puff out their chest in the most threatening fashion in order to project strength they really don't have:

http://www.therightscoop.com/beck-ron-paul-is-dead-wrong-about-the-middle-east/

jmdrake
08-12-2011, 07:48 PM
I respectfully disagree with Glenn here. Iran takes such an aggressive posture against Israel and it's western allies because they're deathly afraid of being another Iraq. So they puff out their chest in the most threatening fashion in order to project strength they really don't have:

http://www.therightscoop.com/beck-ron-paul-is-dead-wrong-about-the-middle-east/

Yep. Not only are they afraid of being another Iraq, but now they're afraid of being another Libya. Iraq tried to cooperate with the west on ending their WMD programs. Libya did cooperate. Look where that got Libya? By contrast North Korea has played hardball and they've been largely left alone. +rep.

ExPatPaki
08-12-2011, 11:37 PM
Yep. Not only are they afraid of being another Iraq, but now they're afraid of being another Libya. Iraq tried to cooperate with the west on ending their WMD programs. Libya did cooperate. Look where that got Libya? By contrast North Korea has played hardball and they've been largely left alone. +rep.

And according to an earlier post of yours, Iran did try to cooperate as well:

1) In 2003 Iran was the only Muslim country to help us fight and remove the Taliban from power.

See: Jane's Defense Weekly India joins anti-Taliban coalition. "India is believed to have joined Russia, the USA and Iran in a concerted front against Afghanistan's Taliban regime.

See also: PBS Frontline - Showdown with Iran : A slap in the face from America

2) In 2003 Iran's previous president Mohammed Khatami sent through back channels an offer to end support for Hamas and Hezbollah, end its nuclear program and end hostility with Israel in exchange for security guarantees. The Bush administration never even responded to the fax.

See: PBS Frontline The Grand Bargain Fax - A missed opportunity?

See Also: NY Times Iran's proposal for a grand bargain

sparebulb
08-13-2011, 12:33 AM
http://horrornews.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Kathy-Bates-in-Misery-199-001.jpg

It is obvious that AuH20 is Beck's number one fan. Let's just hope that Glenn decides to spend a lot more time up at AuH20's cabin.