PDA

View Full Version : The Ames Straw Poll Eve Thread

pauliticalfan
08-12-2011, 01:37 PM
A little over 24 hours from now, we'll know the results of the Ames Straw Poll. It feels a little bit like Christmas Eve did as a kid, except this year, Santa may or may not be showing up with presents.

With Rick Perry announcing the same day, my prediction is that if Bachmann wins the straw poll, the MSM narrative will be that the race is now solely between Romney, Perry, and Bachmann. I am confident that with a strong showing tomorrow by Ron, however, we can stop this from happening.

With just one day to go, post in this thread how you're feeling the day before the straw poll. Check in throughout the day. Are you optimistic? Worried? Nervous? Pumped up? All in all, what are you hoping will happen tomorrow in Ames? Will Santa bring us that shiny new bike, or just a stocking full of coal?

Chrysamere
08-12-2011, 01:40 PM
I'm trying to not get that Christmas feel so I won't be too dissapointed if things turn out bad. :)

Not really working yet though....

JTforRP
08-12-2011, 01:45 PM
42.1% chance of winning it according to InTrade. Pretty sure everyone here would've been crying tears of joy 5 months ago if they glimpsed into the future and saw that.

Everything is trending in our direction, but tomorrow is the biggest day yet, arguably in the history of this Ron Paul movement.

I admittedly have just jumped on in 2011 so I know a lot less than you guys do; is there a way to track votes throughout the day? Are there going to be rumors posted? Or is it literally just a total wait and see until late in the day when the numbers are posted?

emr1028
08-12-2011, 01:47 PM
Just curious, when do the results come out tomorrow? I have a plane to catch to Portugal at 8PM, and I'd hate it if I had to wait until I was on the ground to get the results.

That said, I am fairly confident that we're going to be fighting with Bachmann for first, and that nobody else will be able to come close to them. I think a first place finish is likely, and would be very important in stopping Bachmann's reign or terror.

pauliticalfan
08-12-2011, 01:47 PM
42.1% chance of winning it according to InTrade. Pretty sure everyone here would've been crying tears of joy 5 months ago if they glimpsed into the future and saw that.

Everything is trending in our direction, but tomorrow is the biggest day yet, arguably in the history of this Ron Paul movement.

I admittedly have just jumped on in 2011 so I know a lot less than you guys do; is there a way to track votes throughout the day? Are there going to be rumors posted? Or is it literally just a total wait and see until late in the day when the numbers are posted?

Intrade now up to 46.5.

Hopefully people on the ground will be giving us updates throughout the day about turnout and what not. Also, following the intrade numbers throughout the day might be a decent indicator, although you never know.

xRedfoxx
08-12-2011, 01:50 PM
I feel good about tomorrow!! I know we'll have a strong finish!! Just how strong is the answer. After tomorrow...it will be a four-way fight...Perry, Bachman, Paul and Romney. The rest will continue to lose steam.

Zarn Solen
08-12-2011, 01:52 PM
I have to work. :(

bluesc
08-12-2011, 01:54 PM
Nervous. Very nervous.

I wasn't nervous till Ron's polling numbers shot up. Now that we are way beyond the dedicated base of supporters, things can go very bad too. I can't even imagine how Ron and his campaign staff are feeling.

Now that I know getting overly hyped and optimistic will hurt, I'll be very happy with a top 2 finish, as opposed to 1st or nothing.

Honestly I just feel like closing my eyes until the results come in. It's going to be a huge task to recover if he isn't in the top two.

PaulConventionWV
08-12-2011, 01:56 PM
Lol, this whole thing has a "night before the apocalypse" kind of feel to it.

John of Des Moines
08-12-2011, 01:58 PM
Just curious, when do the results come out tomorrow? I have a plane to catch to Portugal at 8PM, and I'd hate it if I had to wait until I was on the ground to get the results.

That said, I am fairly confident that we're going to be fighting with Bachmann for first, and that nobody else will be able to come close to them. I think a first place finish is likely, and would be very important in stopping Bachmann's reign or terror.

After the votes are counted. I figure about 6 central.

speciallyblend
08-12-2011, 02:11 PM
bottom line anything top 3 is a major win, #1 is kickin some ass and taking some names!! Ron Paul 2012 , GO IOWANS!!!!!!!!

sailingaway
08-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Nervous. Very nervous.

I wasn't nervous till Ron's polling numbers shot up. Now that we are way beyond the dedicated base of supporters, things can go very bad too. I can't even imagine how Ron and his campaign staff are feeling.

Now that I know getting overly hyped and optimistic will hurt, I'll be very happy with a top 2 finish, as opposed to 1st or nothing.

Honestly I just feel like closing my eyes until the results come in. It's going to be a huge task to recover if he isn't in the top two.

I'm nervous, too. Particularly now that the media is playing up expectations.

sailingaway
08-12-2011, 02:14 PM

Wow. Ron's chances have gone DOWN. They were at 60 at one point last night. Although I noticed then that the bid didn't match it, it was a projection. The bid since then actually went up, I guess just not as high as expected.

However, Bachmann has an edge over Ron in intrade, and she was below him last night.

Aldanga
08-12-2011, 02:15 PM
Yeah, I'm extremely nervous as well. I've got butterflies in my stomach right now, and probably will till the results are announced tomorrow.

Zarn Solen
08-12-2011, 02:18 PM
The Intrade numbers are going to fluctuate a bit, but it is likely to remain Paul and Bachmann between 35-60% each with Pawlenty picking up the remainder.

Rocco
08-12-2011, 02:24 PM
I may not have been more nervous about anything in my entire life. Tomorrow is one of the most important days in recent American history. My f%#ing country is at stake, and a large part of that rests on tomorrow. If we dont get first, the campaign goes on, but there is a chance we never recover. It's by no means a certainty....but the possibility exists. If we want to win the presidency, make no mistake about it, we NEED a win tomorrow! So......to sum it up, I am incredibly nervous, maybe more then I have ever been of anything in my life up to this point.

John of Des Moines
08-12-2011, 02:25 PM
Where's the link to the National Weather Service radar showing Dr. Ron's approach to Ames?

Lomez
08-12-2011, 02:30 PM
Mark my words. I'm an Iowan, bringing 6 family members to the straw poll.

Ron Paul will finish top 2. I have seen his campaign in action, and it is unbelievable. Tomorrow will be remembered as a huge turning point in the campaign. I'm not trying to get people's hopes up, but I am trying to curb your anxiety. It will be Paul and Bachmann in a 1-2 finish, and it will be close.

KramerDSP
08-12-2011, 02:38 PM
I may not have been more nervous about anything in my entire life. Tomorrow is one of the most important days in recent American history. My f%#ing country is at stake, and a large part of that rests on tomorrow. If we dont get first, the campaign goes on, but there is a chance we never recover. It's by no means a certainty....but the possibility exists. If we want to win the presidency, make no mistake about it, we NEED a win tomorrow! So......to sum it up, I am incredibly nervous, maybe more then I have ever been of anything in my life up to this point.

+rep

If Ron Paul wins the 2011 Ames Iowa Straw Poll, and goes on to become the 45'th President of the United States (partly thanks to the Ames launchpad), the several thousand people that voted for him that fateful day of August 13th, 2011 will be canonized. No lie.

KramerDSP
08-12-2011, 02:41 PM
The people coming in Iowa need to beg neighbors to come with them, offer to mow lawns, and all that stuff. Just go over the top as if your life depended on every possible single RP voter.

It would be hilarious (and will not happen) if RP was announced as the winner with 8,000+ votes in a turnout of 20,000 people.

KingRobbStark
08-12-2011, 02:44 PM

Ron Paul will finish top 2. I have seen his campaign in action, and it is unbelievable. Tomorrow will be remembered as a huge turning point in the campaign. I'm not trying to get people's hopes up, but I am trying to curb your anxiety. It will be Paul and Bachmann in a 1-2 finish, and it will be close.

If that's the case, I love you.

John of Des Moines
08-12-2011, 02:45 PM

I'm a little nervous as well. Bringing two friends, one a independent Democrat won't vote Republican but a good D gets his vote, and the other one a guy who could have not given a rat's ass about things last time. (Had three others but the brother freaking fell down the basement stairs backwards and is in really bad shape.) And have a couple of others who've promised to make it to Ames after work.

Now I could tell you that a friend did some phone banking last week at the Ankeny office and said they sold 500 tickets that day alone and that a staffer told him that they've had several (more then 10) 500 days ... but that would be raising expectations. And now of course, after last night's debate moron (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?307980-live-from-the-debate-we-aren-t-making-a-good-impression-in-the-crowd..) we have in Iowa have our very own Steve Bartman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Bartman) to pin our dashed hopes and dreams on.

Oukvekpwv
08-12-2011, 02:47 PM
+rep

If Ron Paul wins the 2011 Ames Iowa Straw Poll, and goes on to become the 45'th President of the United States (partly thanks to the Ames launchpad), the several thousand people that voted for him that fateful day of August 13th, 2011 will be canonized. No lie.

lol

im excited and a bit jumpy/restless/neurotic.. nervous a bit i guess but cautiously confident because I know what I have seen so far.. I think things are going in rons directions Ames will be one more notch to add to his momentum..

TomtheTinker
08-12-2011, 02:52 PM
A night before the straw poll and all over fox the establishment were fretting.......

well im not very good at that game..but you get the point.

pauliticalfan
08-12-2011, 02:53 PM

+rep to you good sir. It's people like you that give us a shot to win this thing.

thehighwaymanq
08-12-2011, 03:14 PM
If you are serious about him winning tomorrow, you should be calling Iowans tonight!

Read here - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?306767-URGENT-Phonebankers-Needed

Billay
08-12-2011, 03:16 PM
Ugh we're gonna win and the media will spin.

Badger Paul
08-12-2011, 03:19 PM
"And now of course, after last night's debate moron we have in Iowa have our very own Steve Bartman to pin our dashed hopes and dreams on."

If that's the case then we don't have chance. Hopefully we have more of solid base of support in Iowa than sensitive souls.

John of Des Moines
08-12-2011, 03:20 PM
Ugh we're gonna win and the media will spin.

"The Ron Paul Campaign did something unusual to win the Ames straw poll. The Campaign actually encouraged Paul supporters to bring family and friends to the straw poll to vote for him."

Billay
08-12-2011, 03:24 PM
"The Ron Paul Campaign did something unusual to win the Ames straw poll. The Campaign actually encouraged Paul supporters to bring family and friends to the straw poll to vote for him."

RICK PERRY IS IN SOUTH CAROLINA ANNOUNCING HE WILL RUN!

TIM PAWLENTY 2nd place in the Ames Straw Poll he's catching on.

Napolitanic Wars
08-12-2011, 03:55 PM
I may not have been more nervous about anything in my entire life.

Wow guys. I thought watching the debates was nerve-racking. Did people feel this way before CPAC. That is the biggest.

John of Des Moines
08-12-2011, 04:19 PM
The problem is - the straw poll has more history and is limited to Iowa residents - its a indicator of strength.

Agorism
08-12-2011, 04:21 PM
We're picking up late momentum I believe while flying under the radar for the most part with regard to Ames.

Jeremy Tyler
08-12-2011, 04:30 PM
Yeah I'm very nervous too! The media will spin it. If he wins it they won't really talk about it and if Bachman wins it they will be all over it. But if he does win, they will at least acknowledge the movement a little more. Everytime something big happens we get a little more attention and a little more people gravitating to the ideas of liberty. Thats why we are winning in the long run.

torchbearer
08-12-2011, 04:33 PM
anxiety.

pauliticalfan
08-12-2011, 04:41 PM
Does anyone know how the For Liberty premiere is going in Pella today? Haven't heard any updates from those guys.

torchbearer
08-12-2011, 04:42 PM
Does anyone know how the For Liberty premiere is going in Pella today? Haven't heard any updates from those guys.

we need ronpaulradio. djloti!?

BenIsForRon
08-12-2011, 05:00 PM
so what do y'all think will be the best top 3 results for Paul?

I'm thinking Paul first, then Pawlenty and Bachmann. If T-Paw comes in second, he will probably stay in the race, and more romney/perry voters will be likely to vote for him, splitting their votes even further.

trey4sports
08-12-2011, 05:06 PM
as far as media spin goes, its important to note that the local media should be pretty fair. Iowans take this straw poll very seriously....

Uriah
08-12-2011, 05:11 PM
There is a rumor going around that the doctor has sold ********* tickets for the straw poll and the total tickets sold is in the 13-15k range... I just wanted to share. We'll see.

I'll be in Ames tomorrow bright and early. I am SUPER EXCITED!!!!!!!

libertybrewcity
08-12-2011, 05:14 PM
Where's the link to the National Weather Service radar showing Dr. Ron's approach to Ames?

they're probably owned by Fox news so you won't see him on their radar

pauliticalfan
08-12-2011, 05:16 PM
Ready, Ames, Fire

FSP-Rebel
08-12-2011, 05:19 PM
+rep

Big time! Drinks are on me..

RonPaulFever
08-12-2011, 05:21 PM
A 2nd place finish might be better than a win. If he wins the media will downplay the event, which they are already doing in anticipation of a Ron Paul victory - but if he finishes a strong second, it will be hard to leave him out of the results and have a big percentage missing in the tally.

JamesButabi
08-12-2011, 05:23 PM
No way.....a blowout would be the best. If Ron owns this straw poll with a vengeance, the shills will be dumbfounded and tripping over themselves.

John of Des Moines
08-12-2011, 05:23 PM
30% would be ass-kicking good.

RonPaulFever
08-12-2011, 05:25 PM
30% would be ass-kicking good.

Yes indeed. Bachmann with 35%, Ron with 30% and another big chunk split between Romney and Perry with the remaining slivers going to the also-rans would be impressive.

Badger Paul
08-12-2011, 05:26 PM
Blowout win or close second would be our best results.

RonPaulFever
08-12-2011, 05:27 PM
No way.....a blowout would be the best. If Ron owns this straw poll with a vengeance, the shills will be dumbfounded and tripping over themselves.

I'd be lying if I didn't say I was really hoping for that, but if it doesn't happen then a strong finish will still be a huge victory.

pauliticalfan
08-12-2011, 05:28 PM
A 2nd place finish might be better than a win. If he wins the media will downplay the event, which they are already doing in anticipation of a Ron Paul victory - but if he finishes a strong second, it will be hard to leave him out of the results and have a big percentage missing in the tally.

Sorry, but you're wrong. If he wins, they can't ignore him. If he comes in second, THEY WILL IGNORE HIM, end of story.

RonPaulFever
08-12-2011, 05:30 PM
Sorry, but you're wrong.

I hope so!

MJU1983
08-12-2011, 05:30 PM
I am excited! :)

trey4sports
08-12-2011, 05:34 PM
we don't have a whole lot of chances to jump into the top-tier, and I believe a win would be our best oppurtunity. Yes, the national media will downplay it, but the local media will cover it and we should get a good bump if we win the Straw Poll. Dare I say, we become THE front-runner in Iowa? (which, if it holds up will translate into national front-runner status)

Aldanga
08-12-2011, 05:35 PM
Wow guys. I thought watching the debates was nerve-racking. Did people feel this way before CPAC. That is the biggest.
I did—at least until I saw all of the Ron Paul people at CPAC.

economics102
08-12-2011, 05:45 PM
I can see the headlines now...

AMES, IA - After voting closed and all votes counted at Saturday's much-discussed Ames Straw Poll, Texas Gov. Rick Perry came in third, behind Romney at 17%. Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann, who like Perry appeals to many Tea Party supporters and Christian evangelicals, is fourth at 13%.

In first place is Texas Rep. Ron Paul, at 22%.** No other Republican candidate breaks into double digits. Former House speaker Newt Gingrich is at 7%, businessman Herman Cain at 4%, former Minnesota governor Tim Pawlenty at 3%, former Utah governor Jon Huntsman at 2%, and former Pennsylvania senator Rick Santorum at 1%.

ProBlue33
08-12-2011, 06:00 PM
Who cares how the media spins it, if he wins it.
We now have a clear answer to every person that has individually said he can't win, and that is way more important than the stupid media propaganda spin.

Can anybody deny a huge win is all positive.
My question is how many drop out after Ames?

Here are the pathetic votes for the entire state of Iowa in the debate poll

Santorum
Pawlenty
Huntsman

I say these guys are gone and Perry is in this weekend.

puppetmaster
08-12-2011, 06:32 PM
I have a friend that was there for the last poll and he said there was some vote manipulation going on....do we have this covered this time if that was the case?

speciallyblend
08-12-2011, 06:47 PM
a win is a top 3 finish period!!

trey4sports
08-12-2011, 06:50 PM
I have a friend that was there for the last poll and he said there was some vote manipulation going on....do we have this covered this time if that was the case?

Each candidate gets to have a representative watching the voting.

Steve-in-NY
08-12-2011, 08:52 PM
Im nervous but excited. Im ready to start in NH and SC ASAP.

pauliticalfan
08-12-2011, 08:59 PM
I can feel it in the air.

Aliangel
08-12-2011, 09:01 PM
I can feel it in the air.

You mean smell it?

lucky_bg
08-12-2011, 09:24 PM
There is a rumor going around that the doctor has sold ***** tickets for the straw poll and the total tickets sold is in the *****... I just wanted to share. We'll see.

I'll be in Ames tomorrow bright and early. I am SUPER EXCITED!!!!!!!

Good bless You, good man :-)

lucky_bg
08-12-2011, 09:28 PM

You are tired. Obviously psychological stress caused by watching debate last night was too much for you. You need rest, urgently,,, :-)))

tsai3904
08-12-2011, 09:28 PM
Does anyone have an update on how the For Liberty screening in Pella turned out tonight?

pauliticalfan
08-12-2011, 09:33 PM
Does anyone have an update on how the For Liberty screening in Pella turned out tonight?

Bump.

sailingaway
08-12-2011, 09:35 PM
Good bless You, good man :-)

a news report just said 30K people are expected, maybe that includes those not voting. I'm taking out the number tho.

And remember we've had events where only half the tickets sold turned up to vote....

Steve-in-NY
08-12-2011, 09:43 PM
A 1st place showing with a 30k turnout, that would be amazing... total shift in my opinion.

RP Supporter
08-12-2011, 09:43 PM
Many children show up for Ames right? Does anyone who has experience with the event have any idea how much of the crowd is kids brought along by their parents? They could inflate the total attending while not impacting the voting.

Also, I hope I'm correct in assuming that Paul supporters are more likely to vote then the other candidates. At this stage its all about turnout.

John of Des Moines
08-12-2011, 09:44 PM
a news report just said 30K people are expected, maybe that includes those not voting. I'm taking out the number tho.

And remember we've had events where only half the tickets sold turned up to vote....

From 2007 (http://www.kcci.com/politics/13872905/detail.html)- looks like 30k is on target for average.

Agorism
08-12-2011, 09:46 PM
Remember 16 and older can vote in it. Reason I assume is that some will be 17 next year during election, and a few of those 17 year old's might hit 18 right before election so they cut it off at 16.

trey4sports
08-12-2011, 09:49 PM
i've been hearing pundits say they expect 12 - 15k votes

harikaried
08-12-2011, 09:50 PM
Almost 11pm for those guys in Pella. I bet they're tired and will report back in the morning.

eleganz
08-12-2011, 09:52 PM
I'm going to be out all day tomorrow so won't be able to follow but my heart is with all you guys and the good doctor.

Long live the revolution :)

Go Ron Paul!

lucky_bg
08-12-2011, 09:52 PM

I know. I'm scared shitless, myself! I'm just trying to be positive, and to lift spirit a litlle bit.

Texan4Life
08-12-2011, 09:57 PM
I'm trying to keep my expectations low. but it is hard.

Expecting 3rd
Hoping for 2nd
I'll party like it's 1999 if 1st.

Agorism
08-12-2011, 09:59 PM
I'm expecting first. Intrade is mostly right from my experience.

I remember they got Kansas wrong when Huckabee won it last cycle even though McCain was favored so they occasionally miss, but I think the odds have shifted for a reason unless it's just too many Paul supporters recklessly betting Paul or something, but I doubt that. That Iowa GOP chairman saying that the winner will be close to 4K was good news. I think maybe around there.

If Ron gets his people to the voting booths, I think a good outcome. Rand can make the rounds too hopefully as he has good pull.

sailingaway
08-12-2011, 10:12 PM
I know. I'm scared shitless, myself! I'm just trying to be positive, and to lift spirit a litlle bit.

spirits high for a low expectation is what we want.

To top three!!

(yeah, I know.....)

Johnnymac
08-12-2011, 10:12 PM
I have work in the morning but I think I'm going to keep myself away from the TV and my laptop during the afternoon keep myself busy and just look into it later in the afternoon, I know he wont come in dead last but I just keep getting this feeling he is going to come in fourth and that is not good, but most of the time I'm Confident that he is going to do very well, but just to keep me sane I'm going to lay off of RP till the end of the day.

dusman
08-12-2011, 10:21 PM
I have work in the morning but I think I'm going to keep myself away from the TV and my laptop during the afternoon keep myself busy and just look into it later in the afternoon, I know he wont come in dead last but I just keep getting this feeling he is going to come in fourth and that is not good, but most of the time I'm Confident that he is going to do very well, but just to keep me sane I'm going to lay off of RP till the end of the day.

Eh, you'll miss out on something amazing! I'm sure of it!

risiusj
08-12-2011, 10:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaHXk2Kyi0w&feature=related

V4Vendetta
08-12-2011, 10:28 PM
I'll party like it's 1999 if 1st.

I can't - Women, alcohol, and drugs almost did me in that year

Zevyn
08-12-2011, 10:41 PM
My optimistic prediction is record turn out with a Ron Paul win by 12%.

V4Vendetta
08-12-2011, 10:55 PM
Next straw poll is New Hampshire, right? Is the campaign planning on doing the same thing there? buses ect,.....?

PaulConventionWV
08-12-2011, 10:57 PM

Hell, no. A win is a win, man. The media can't change that.

PeteinLA
08-12-2011, 11:01 PM
If Ron can finish 1st or 2nd that will be huge. Agree that the national media will spin it but the Iowans will remember who put in the effort within the Republican party come Caucus night. Believe me this will help. If you saw Branstad on Fox he kind of took it to Perry and Romney for not being there. Of course he did it in a very Iowa way with a smile on his face. I'm sure Hannity missed it but if your an Iowa Republican it was a straight on slam.

http://i931.photobucket.com/albums/ad153/peteinla1969/HawkeyeChampion.jpg

Texan4Life
08-12-2011, 11:06 PM
I think a 1st or maybe 2nd would also be a boost to the super pac

Suzu
08-12-2011, 11:13 PM
Each candidate gets to have a representative watching the voting.

Yeah but this time they'll be using those electronic voting machines.

Aliangel
08-12-2011, 11:14 PM
no 2nds, we need first.

Suzu
08-12-2011, 11:19 PM
...post in this thread how you're feeling the day before the straw poll. Are you optimistic? Worried? Nervous? Pumped up?

I probably won't sleep very well tonight or get much done tomorrow. I'm very cautiously optimistic. Most gratifying in the run-up to this is all the positive press coming from last night's debate performance. (It's a good thing I wasn't there, as I would have tried to strangle that "Steve Bartman" character.)

Agorism
08-12-2011, 11:22 PM
I probably won't sleep very well tonight or get much done tomorrow. I'm very cautiously optimistic. Most gratifying in the run-up to this is all the positive press coming from last night's debate performance. (It's a good thing I wasn't there, as I would have tried to strangle that "Steve Bartman" character.)

Me neither. Can't sleep now...

AmberH
08-12-2011, 11:26 PM
I went to bed around 9:30 but just woke up and can't fall back asleep. I feel almost sick right now. I'm so nervous for Paul.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-12-2011, 11:36 PM
There is a rumor going around ... don't listen to rumors :collins:

jware
08-12-2011, 11:46 PM
What time does the voting start/stop?

samuel
08-12-2011, 11:49 PM
What time does the voting start/stop?
It ends at 4PM if I'm not mistaken.

jware
08-12-2011, 11:52 PM
It ends at 4PM if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks! I'm really nervous!

pauliticalfan
08-12-2011, 11:57 PM
Still awake, nervous as heck. Hopefully Dr. Paul is sound asleep ahead of the big day tomorrow.

Agorism
08-13-2011, 12:01 AM
Limpaw, Beck and Levin seemed to sense defeat today, and all freaked out in unison about it.

Suzu
08-13-2011, 12:08 AM
Limpaw, Beck and Levin seemed to sense defeat today, and all freaked out in unison about it.

awww, poor pundits!! HAHAAAAAAAAAAA let them eat CROW

Texan4Life
08-13-2011, 12:10 AM

true, I'm gonna take that as a good sign :D

didn't know they switched it to electronic voting this time. that makes me nervous.

Agorism
08-13-2011, 12:10 AM
didn't know they switched it to electronic voting this time. that makes me nervous.

Really....O God.

parocks
08-13-2011, 12:54 AM
Intrade is Ron to win ames at 58% Michele at 30%

blocks
08-13-2011, 02:54 AM
Intrade is Ron to win ames at 58% Michele at 30%

Now, as of 3:55AM Iowa time: Ron at 51.0%, Bachmann at 33.9%, Pawlenty at 12.9%

liberalnurse
08-13-2011, 03:19 AM
I work 2P-10P today and won't have access to a computer or tv. But do have access to radio, but not sure if I'll turn it on. I think I'll just wait until I get home toinght and read the news here. It's gonna be a long shift. I know I'll literally be sick to my stomach until I get home tonight.

Razmear
08-13-2011, 06:01 AM
Working 9 to 6 today, so I feel your pain. Remember watching the 'hat cam' footage last time, gonna miss all that.
Hope Ron wins in a landslide!

eb

Thomas
08-13-2011, 06:43 AM
check out the official thread! http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?308377-The-Official-Ames-Straw-Poll-Thread

LibertyEagle
08-13-2011, 06:48 AM
Really....O God.

I'm not worried. The heads of the GOP in the county where the Straw Poll is being conducted have endorsed Ron Paul.