PDA

View Full Version : National RP idea - a Ron Paul Thanksgiving?

A Ron Paul Rebel
11-02-2007, 10:06 AM
Let's be the ones to host Thanksgiving dinner!

It can be subtle or it can be a celebration. For those who have friends and family that are 'on the fence' or who oppose Dr. Paul then simply having signs in the corner of the room or 'inadvertantly' watching youtube videos when people arrive can be a really great way to peak people's curiosity.

What do you think?

A Ron Paul Rebel
11-02-2007, 10:19 AM
bump

freelance
11-02-2007, 10:44 AM
ABSOLUTELY. No one (don't care who you are or what proper etiquette dictates) leaves this house without adequate exposure. I actually converted someone the day before her mother's funeral. I'll admit that I didn't bring up the subject, but when she did, I couldn't help myself.

speciallyblend
11-02-2007, 10:48 AM
Well be careful some dont celebrate Thanksgiving. so they will be against this(sarcasm) but they will try to tie in the slaughter of Indians with thanksgiving,so be careful ooo and dont use the letter V since that means you have a vendetta against thanksgiving;) teasin

traviskicks
11-02-2007, 11:00 AM
I think casual mention to family and friends is worthy, but best results happen with strangers IMO. In other words, time is best spent campaigning and convincing strangers, signs, calls, door walking, etc.. IMO.

A Ron Paul Rebel
11-02-2007, 11:29 AM
I think casual mention to family and friends is worthy, but best results happen with strangers IMO. In other words, time is best spent campaigning and convincing strangers, signs, calls, door walking, etc.. IMO.

This isn't to replace any of those actions, it's simply an additional strategy.

Bradley in DC
11-02-2007, 12:59 PM
There was a proposal many years ago to promote the Sunday following Thanksgiving as a national day of prayer and fasting. Perhaps that could be incorporated as well, for those of us so inclined. We have much to pray for, to be thankful for, and to show a willingness to sacrifice for it. Just brainstorming here.