PDA

View Full Version : How To Destroy the Unelectable Meme in Zero Words or Less:

acptulsa
08-12-2011, 10:48 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/28/Deweytruman12.jpg

muzzled dogg
08-12-2011, 10:50 AM
Yeah except people don't know what that means and don't know who is in that picture

ExPatPaki
08-12-2011, 10:51 AM
Yeah except people don't know what that means and don't know who is in that picture

Sad, true and funny at the same time.

acptulsa
08-12-2011, 11:56 AM
Yo, shem: Who do we need the most? Old people who vote religiously? We should all carry a copy of this just for them, because the fact that Faux repeatedly hammers 'unelectable unelectable unelectable' at them is the main reason they're not with us. And fixing it is just as easy as showing them this pic.

Kids don't get it but they don't buy the b.s. anyway. The old folks, on the other hand, have just the visceral reaction to this pic that we need right now: 'Who are they to pick the president of our republic?!'

Seriously. The time really is right to remind the old folks of the passion for liberty they felt in their youth.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
08-12-2011, 11:57 AM

100% true... Very few in this country know any history beyond what happened last week on Jersey Shore.

acptulsa
08-12-2011, 12:11 PM
100% true... Very few in this country know any history beyond what happened last week on Jersey Shore.

I agree. But when do people that young even bring up the 'electability' question? I've never encountered one who did.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
08-12-2011, 12:14 PM
I agree. But when do people that young even bring up the 'electability' question? I've never encountered one who did.

Well I am not sure what you consider "young" but I am 31 and I am constantly having to debate people in my age group who say he can never be elected.

libertyjam
08-12-2011, 12:17 PM
Yo, shem: Who do we need the most? Old people who vote religiously? We should all carry a copy of this just for them, because the fact that Faux repeatedly hammers 'unelectable unelectable unelectable' at them is the main reason they're not with us. And fixing it is just as easy as showing them this pic.

Kids don't get it but they don't buy the b.s. anyway. The old folks, on the other hand, have just the visceral reaction to this pic that we need right now: 'Who are they to pick the president of our republic?!'

Seriously. The time really is right to remind the old folks of the passion for liberty they felt in their youth.

Plus it has the added benefit of that some of the smarter kids might try to find out what that picture means and get self educated in the process.

acptulsa
08-12-2011, 12:21 PM
Plus it has the added benefit of that some of the smarter kids might try to find out what that picture means and get self educated in the process.

Not at all difficult. Just plug the headline into your search engine.

It really is an interesting lesson in how the press oversteps its bounds and tries to affect the events it's supposed to be there to report, not create.

acptulsa
08-12-2011, 05:49 PM
Truman couldn't win. Yet you won't find President Thomas Dewey in your history books. Deal with it.

Fatejuggler
08-16-2011, 08:06 PM
How about in six words...

1. Everybody
2. said
3. Obama
4. was
5. unelectable
6. too.

Steve-in-NY
08-16-2011, 08:48 PM
Well I am not sure what you consider "young" but I am 31 and I am constantly having to debate people in my age group who say he can never be elected.

Ditto, except Im 33.