PDA

View Full Version : Arab World Reactions to Ron Paul's Comments on Iran ?

KramerDSP
08-12-2011, 09:54 AM
Has anyone come across reactions from Iranian-Americans, Iranians, or others in the Arab blogger world (Iyad, etc.) about Ron's comments on Iran last night?

Zarn Solen
08-12-2011, 10:02 AM
Iranians aren't Arabs. ;)

TRIGRHAPPY
08-12-2011, 10:02 AM
My wife is Turkish (lived in Turkey till she was 18) and she was cheering when Ron schooled them.

Eric21ND
08-12-2011, 10:43 AM
Iran is a fairly westernized society and a good portion of them envy the citizens here in the US. Dropping bombs on these people would obviously destroy that feeling and solidify them against us.

Superfly
08-12-2011, 10:46 AM
Has anyone come across reactions from Iranian-Americans, Iranians, or others in the Arab blogger world (Iyad, etc.) about Ron's comments on Iran last night?

Iran = persians...not arab. They hate that.

swissaustrian
08-12-2011, 10:52 AM
Regardless of the fact that shiites (Iranians) and sunnis (most Arabs) donīt "like" each other, all muslims will love Ron Paul because he actually wants to leave them alone and treat them with respect. Thatīs all what they want.

Zarn Solen
08-12-2011, 11:01 AM
Yes, Turks and Iranians (some Persian and some other ethnic groups) do not like to be called Arabs.

It's like calling a Russian a Celt.

TortoiseDream
08-12-2011, 11:10 AM
This guy is great: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6qZ-PYBrMw

Savoyard
08-12-2011, 11:15 AM
I know a few Iranians (Btw, they refer to themselves as Iranians, not Persians) and they really seem to like him.

Also, please note that Iranian-Americans aren't well connected to their Iranian natives.

Working Poor
08-12-2011, 11:16 AM
this guy is great: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6qz-pybrmw

lol

RonPaulFanInGA
08-12-2011, 11:19 AM
It's doubtful many Iranians or Middle Eastern people cared about or paid any attention to a U.S. GOP presidential primary debate.

Ekrub
08-12-2011, 11:24 AM
It's doubtful many Iranians or Middle Eastern people cared about or paid any attention to a U.S. GOP presidential primary debate.

I don't know... given the rhetoric spewed by santorum... if I was an Iranian, I'd be very interested in the debates.

KramerDSP
08-12-2011, 05:20 PM
Thanks for all the corrections. Won't make that mistake again.

dannno
08-12-2011, 05:22 PM

Somebody should ask Ron Paul, doesn't he read Ahmadinejad's press releases?

Aliangel
08-12-2011, 05:33 PM
Execuse me but being an american muslim and living in the biggest muslim community in the United States I can tell you that Ron Paul is our #1 candidate. most of us wont vote for anybody else. And to date I have converted dozens of muslims including my own family into the Ron family.

KramerDSP
08-12-2011, 05:41 PM
Execuse me but being an american muslim and living in the biggest muslim community in the United States I can tell you that Ron Paul is our #1 candidate. most of us wont vote for anybody else. And to date I have converted dozens of muslims including my own family into the Ron family.

Glad to have you with us!

dannno
08-12-2011, 05:42 PM

You are definitely excused.

Aliangel
08-12-2011, 05:43 PM
You are definitely excused.

Lol thank you

Feeding the Abscess
08-12-2011, 05:43 PM

Welcome aboard!

johnrocks
08-12-2011, 05:50 PM
Found this.
http://www.tehrantimes.com/index.php/world/1490-white-house-hopeful-admits-us-enmity-toward-iran-dates-to-1953-coup-

hellsingfan
08-12-2011, 06:00 PM
I'm Muslim. And I can't tell you how correct Ron Paul is. I don't hate anyone. I don't hate Jews or any Christian. But its quite hard for people to not get angered if you keep bombing them. Most of the Muslim world hates America. Not Americans. And it has everything to do with foreign policy. Islam has nothing to do with all this non-sense. It has everything to do with a neo-con foreign policy that no respectable people will tolerate.

America will be a safer and prosperous place if America elects Ron as President. Anyone who disagrees needs to be put back in grade school and be taught the process of 'thinking'.

johnrocks
08-12-2011, 06:01 PM
I'm Muslim. And I can't tell you how correct Ron Paul is. I don't hate anyone. I don't hate Jews or any Christian. But its quite hard for people to not get angered if you keep bombing them. Most of the Muslim world hates America. Not Americans. And it has everything to do with foreign policy. Islam has nothing to do with all this non-sense. It has everything to do with a neo-con foreign policy that no respectable people will tolerate.

America will be a safer and prosperous place if America elects Ron as President.

Yep, it is just common sense. I would be pissed as hell if I were over there and getting bombed and losing family members and friends.

economics102
08-12-2011, 07:22 PM

Sadly, the same can be said about Americans.

amy31416
08-12-2011, 07:31 PM
But its quite hard for people to not get angered if you keep bombing them.

Understatement of the year.

Most people here don't have the first clue of what that really means--we've never seen our friends, families or neighbors body parts strewn across a field or street. We've never seen someone who was very alive one minute blown to bits the next.

And the media is not showing this aspect, at all. We have gone so far down hill, and this movement is one of the few things that gives me hope for this country.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-18-2011, 12:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv9QiL2p0dk

johnald
08-18-2011, 01:05 PM
Found this.
http://www.tehrantimes.com/index.php/world/1490-white-house-hopeful-admits-us-enmity-toward-iran-dates-to-1953-coup-

Great little article. It sucks the comments are closed =(

Krugerrand
08-18-2011, 01:08 PM

America will be a safer and prosperous place if America elects Ron as President. Anyone who disagrees needs to be put back in grade school and be taught the process of 'thinking'.

You must not be familiar with our country's grade schools.

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-18-2011, 01:15 PM
I honestly can't recall any Muslims dealing the first blow. Didn't the modern middle east occupation begin with Soviets sending reinforcements to the new Afghani government, then we stepped in and armed the rebels?

Johnnymac
08-18-2011, 01:16 PM
You must not be familiar with our country's grade schools.

LOL! so true

w2992
08-18-2011, 01:19 PM
there is a huge iranian area North of Toronto maybe a million people.