PDA

View Full Version : NEED ADVICE: Handing out Flyers at a Concert Tonight.

d1sCo
08-12-2011, 08:00 AM
Hey guys,

I am attending an Alison Krauss concert tonight with a friend of mine and I felt like this would be a perfect opportunity to put some of the slim jims I bought from the campaign to use. The GOP base by and large loves country music (especially the older voters) so I think the majority of the people in attendance will be registered republicans.

My questions to you guys, as someone who is new to this kind of thing, are:
Would there be a risk of me and my friend being thrown out of the concert?
If security approaches me, how should I handle it?
Should I hand out the flyers before or after the concert?
In the parking lot or near the stage?

Thanks!

-d1sCo

RonPaul101.com
08-12-2011, 08:19 AM
I would say in the parking lot before the event works best (tailgating time). People don't want to be bothered when watching the concert or event, but folks are typically very open and social when tailgating; they'll talk to anyone just to feel festive.

Just try to be broad based and light hearted about it, nonconfrontational. (IMO)

Good luck, and thank you!

KCIndy
08-12-2011, 08:47 AM
I would say in the parking lot before the event works best (tailgating time). People don't want to be bothered when watching the concert or event, but folks are typically very open and social when tailgating; they'll talk to anyone just to feel festive.

Just try to be broad based and light hearted about it, nonconfrontational. (IMO)

Good luck, and thank you!

Good advice, and I agree.

People might be more likely to read something if they're waiting around with time to kill before the concert begins. Obviously they won't want to be bothered during the concert, and after the concert they'll just want to beat the traffic and get home.

Most of all, if security asks you to stop - well, if it were me I would comply, simply because making a scene is going to hurt Dr. Paul's image. First, do no harm! :)