PDA

View Full Version : Planning thread for Philly Rally The Sequel

MsDoodahs
11-02-2007, 09:03 AM
Get started planning.

First question:

Is the original venue already "bought and paid for" for an event on that day and if so, who "owns" the right to use that venue?

MsDoodahs
11-02-2007, 09:07 AM
Second question:

IF there is additional cost to use the original venue, who is picking up that tab?

MsDoodahs
11-02-2007, 09:09 AM
Third question:

If there is no additional cost, what is the plan for using that venue as it is already paid for?

It must be used for shuttles to the new site but is there an additional use for the venue?

drexhex
11-02-2007, 09:12 AM
Third question:

If there is no additional cost, what is the plan for using that venue as it is already paid for?

It must be used for shuttles to the new site but is there an additional use for the venue?

I think I can field this one...

From what I've gathered from reading the threads on this forum, there will be people there to tell the ones who show up what the situation is. I can definitely see there being a mini-rally there while people wait to get on shuttle buses (assuming there will be some), but AFAIK, the main idea is to get people up to Valley Forge as quickly and efficiently as possible.

MsDoodahs
11-02-2007, 09:16 AM
Fourth question:

What is needed to direct those arriving at the orignal venue to the shuttles or to the new venue?

Signs to the shuttles. Who can make those signs?

Who is willing to be at the original venue holding them?

What about maps for drivers that want to drive themselves to the new venue?

Who can design the map?

Where can we have those printed?

Who is willing to pick up the tab for these?

Who is willing to be at the original venue distributing them?

drexhex
11-02-2007, 09:20 AM
Fourth question(s)
What is needed to direct those arriving at the orignal venue to the shuttles or to the new venue?

I think you pretty much covered that in the next few questions :p

Signs to the shuttles. Who can make those signs?

Can't really answer this one, I don't really have the materials to make a sign or the place to do it (I'm in a dorm room).

Who is willing to be at the original venue holding them?

I'll be there, I'll definitely hold one if need be.

What about maps for drivers that want to drive themselves to the new venue?

Who can design the map?

Where can we have those printed?

Who is willing to pick up the tab for these?

Who is willing to be at the original venue distributing them?

I can do all of these things. I have access to (virtually) unlimited printing of black/white paper at my college (Drexel), and being an IT major I'm sure I can whip something on the design aspect. There wouldn't be a tab, and I can also help distributing them (if I'm not holding a sign). Just let me know how many you think we might need, and I'll make it work.

MsDoodahs
11-02-2007, 09:23 AM
Maybe I'm nuts, but I honestly think that at this point the BEST and MOST EFFICIENT thing is to move everyone to the new venue and plan something for there. It's going to be enough of a job to plan for moving it, we should not put ourselves under even more stress by trying to plan two separate events at two separate venues.

MsDoodahs
11-02-2007, 09:34 AM
Fifth question:

What is the layout of the new venue? Is there plenty of room for supporters to gather outside once the inside is full?

What about a feed from the speeches inside to the crowd outside? Would that need to be video or would just audio be acceptable?

Which is easier?

Which is cheaper?

Is it even possible?