PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC takes jab at Santorum

Original_Intent
08-12-2011, 07:17 AM
Santorum really pissed me off last night, and I was glad to see this little blurb in an article that is on MSNBC's home page.

Santorum champions gay rights in Iran
Quirkiness reached kind of a high point when Santorum said, “I don’t apologize for the Iranian people being free for a long time” — under the autocratic Shah of Iran and his Savak secret police, whom he didn’t mention.

And Santorum gave, as a part of his indictment of the current Tehran regime, its oppression of gays, an unexpected argument from a man who hasn’t been a champion of gay rights in the United States.

SimpleName
08-12-2011, 08:10 AM
Santorum was struggling to make a name for himself by attacking everyone else. He didn't only do it to Paul, but Ron was the easiest target. He desperately wants to get out of single digits.

Bern
08-12-2011, 08:12 AM
Santorum is insane.

KCIndy
08-12-2011, 08:16 AM
I never imagined I would be saying this, but GOOD FOR MSNBC!

I was wondering if anyone, anywhere, was going to bring up the fact that the Shah's rule - imposed upon the Iranian people by the U.S. - was tyrannical and despotic. The rest of the world understands this even if Santorum doesn't.

CaptUSA
08-12-2011, 08:16 AM
And why does he keep saying he's from Butler, PA?

Guys, we are not all like this.

Verrater
08-12-2011, 08:30 AM

You should get a town petition to send to him and the media outlets, that asks him not to mention it anymore.

KCIndy
08-12-2011, 08:35 AM

Don't feel bad, Cap. I happen to come from the home town of Dan Quayle. Try living that one down! ;)

CaptUSA
08-12-2011, 09:28 AM
You should get a town petition to send to him and the media outlets, that asks him not to mention it anymore.

Ha! That's great!