PDA

View Full Version : Should RP use the word REVOLUTION in debates?

febo
08-12-2011, 06:37 AM
Obama won on "change" and has now effectively debased the word.
We all want change even more than in 08.
Of course, RP already has a clain on the word 'revolution' - why not, quiety, calmly use it?

AlexAmore
08-12-2011, 07:05 AM
I don't want to scare all the elderly with revolution which implies change. Elderly typically don't like change. They like the status quo, hence why we ALWAYS have status quo politicians. Rand Paul noticed this and if you study him then you'll get your answers to how one needs to present themselves.

RonPaul101.com
08-12-2011, 07:13 AM
I think its great at rallies and meet n greets, but no not at debates. He needs to show more of the "everyone's candidate" side; which he has been doing a lot more of lately.

sailingaway
08-12-2011, 07:14 AM
No. In fact, that term isn't as effective for us as it was in 2007 before the tea parties kinda took the trappings of the revolution and spun them slightly differently. (I still wince at people wearing tea bags on hats, since tea bags didn't exist in 1770s).

I'm not saying lose it entirely, but Restore America Now is our slogan and while we still are the Ron Paul R3VOLution, I'm not sure that should be our primary symbol. It does seem 'in your face' until you give backstory. And we need to engage the very people who would be turned off by the first impression.