PDA

View Full Version : Fred Barnes on Ron Paul (my take)

CJLauderdale4
11-02-2007, 08:04 AM
http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/014/281epojr.asp

----------

Here's what neo-cons DO NOT COMPREHEND:

1) Ron Paul supporters aren't Republicans who've lost their way. They are a group of Independents, or Democrats and Republicans who see no difference between the party candidates anymore.

2) Due to number 1), RP supporters aren't going to simply pack up and join another camp of candidates simply because Ron loses the primary or runs out of money and drops out.

I explained this to a familty member who is blinded by the MSM.

Here's a scenario for you, Fred Barnes:

Scenario: Ron Paul drops out of the race, doesn't run as a third-party candidate, and says I'll see you in Congress next year after I win the Texas 14th District for the 11th time.

Result: 95%+ of The Ron Paul Camp becomes people who will not vote Republican, period. And I don't care how many millions of dollars you spend, you're not going to convince us to vote neo-con. Thus, a Democrat wins.

Conclusion: The Republican Party will not only alienate voters, but simply WILL NOT win with 5-10%+ of the typical Republican vote (who are now Ron Paul supporters, LIKE ME) simply writing in Ron Paul or not voting Republican. (Let's not mention all of the college kids, now engaged in politics, who they'll piss off for the following elections in the rest of their lives. Shhhh. Don't tell the neo-cons...the colleges are the hidden silver bullet for Ron Paul.)

There is a schism in the Party and it's not politics as usual - it's called the Ron Paul Revolution, and unless the neo-cons begin realizing this, they'll never win the White House or a Congressional majority again.

Sorry for the rant, but I get so incensed when neo-cons try to act "politics as usual" when discussing Ron Paul.

dsentell
11-02-2007, 08:11 AM
You are absolutely right!

I will be voting for Ron Paul -- Ron Paul the Republican, Ron Paul the independent, or Ron Paul the write-in. Whatever is necessary, I WILL VOTE FOR RON PAUL!

The ONLY way the Republicans can win the upcoming election is with Ron Paul.

So far, they don't get it .............