PDA

View Full Version : Dear programmer/Ron Paul supporter

Petar
11-02-2007, 08:00 AM
Hello everyone, I am developing an website with an innovative approach that is aimed at directly translating the firestorm of support that exists online for Ron Paul into the printed press of every city within the United States. I was using developers in India as that was all that I could afford, but I have since found a senior programmer/Ron Paul supporter who is building my website using much better technology and a more efficient methodology. He is building the front end first using Java in Eclipse, then he will use a program called Hibernate to quickly build the SQL Tables. The project has been committed to SVC on www.sharesource.org under the name "campaign" Here is a link to 40 tif images and a table that serve as a model for my project, page.004 explains it quickest.

http://usercorrupt.googlepages.com/model

Here is a link to the SVC repository as well:

http://sharesource.org/project/campaign/

I am looking for an experienced Java/Eclipse programmer to be able to at least tell me how I can use Java/Eclipse to make some changes on the page that my developer has already built, while he works on the rest of the site. The page consists of a map with auto updating figures over every State, and I need to be able to make the map bigger, and also to move the figures around so they wont bump into each other as they grow, and I'd like to change some labels that appear when you hover your mouse over links as well. I am at the point that I have Eclipse and everything installed, and I can load the project from SVC, so I won't require any setup help, just some operational guidance. I really believe that once complete then this project will be of immense assistance to the Ron Paul campaign, so I am doing everything that I can to get it complete as soon as possible, and I would really really appreciate any assistance from anyone who is experienced. Please post or PM if you have any questions/think you might be able to help, thank you very much.

me3
11-02-2007, 08:27 AM
You need better descriptive thread titles.

Ron Paul Java Programmer Needed

Bump!

WillInMiami
11-02-2007, 08:31 AM
Sorry, I'm a Ron Paul SQL Server DBA and ASP.NET/VB.NET programmer...

dnagoda
11-02-2007, 08:35 AM
Both of your links are broken. I was able to figure out the ShareSource link (http://svn.sharesource.org/svn/campaign/), but I couldn't figure out the Google Pages link.

Why did you choose Java?

Korey Kaczynski
11-02-2007, 08:38 AM
The current site is adequate.

Petar
11-02-2007, 08:48 AM
You need better descriptive thread titles.

Ron Paul Java Programmer Needed

Bump!

Point well taken. Since I have taken on this project, I have learned how specific programmers tend to be towards their preferred languages.

Petar
11-02-2007, 08:48 AM
Sorry, I'm a Ron Paul SQL Server DBA and ASP.NET/VB.NET programmer...

thanks anyway

Petar
11-02-2007, 08:54 AM
Both of your links are broken. I was able to figure out the ShareSource link (http://svn.sharesource.org/svn/campaign/), but I couldn't figure out the Google Pages link.

Why did you choose Java?

Thanks, I fixed the links, so people can see the model now. I chose Java because 1. I found a Java programmer willing to help, and the way he describes building it sounds terrific. 2. "Pushlets" My site has many figures on a map that will constantly update, and Ajax "pushlets" are perfect for it, in that it creates a sustained connection between client and server and only "pushes" the data that changes. Great on bandwidth and looks really slick too. 3. Java is immune to SQL injections which is definitely a big plus.

Petar
11-02-2007, 08:55 AM
The current site is adequate.

What site is currently adequate?

dnagoda
11-02-2007, 09:01 AM
Thanks, I fixed the links, so people can see the model now. I chose Java because 1. I found a Java programmer willing to help, and the way he describes building it sounds terrific. 2. "Pushlets" My site has many figures on a map that will constantly update, and Ajax "pushlets" are perfect for it in, that it creates a sustained connection between client and server and only "pushes" the data that changes. Great on bandwidth and looks really slick too. 3. Java is immune to SQL injections which is definitely a big plus.

Fair enough. Just curious.