PDA

View Full Version : Don't "punish" the campaign over the Philly Rally!

Sematary
11-02-2007, 07:52 AM
So what if the venue changed? It sucks but it is what it is. The whole point of this rally was to get Ron Paul attention and to introduce him to a new audience. We STILL have the opportunity to do that by flooding Valle Forge with current supporters and thousands of college kids and veterans who have yet to hear the message. Don't hold back your support. Don't "punish" the campaign. The future of our nation is at stake - even in this small show of support that we can give. In the grand scheme of things, however, it might be more important than a simple show of support. I'm willing to bet that if we fill the venue and then some, that we will still get the media attention we are looking for!

I can't believe that I am hearing people say they will hold back donations or not show up simply because of a venue change. We not only have to show the world that we are a force to be reckoned with but we also have to prove to the campaign that our support transcends poor decision making. WE MADE THIS CAMPAIGN and we can still win this nomination for our candidate and our ideals! Don't walk out on it now!

drexhex
11-02-2007, 07:57 AM
I second that.

I'm going to help redirect people at the Mall, and then hopefully make my way up to the actual rally. Is there anyone willing to give me a ride in case there aren't shuttles? Being a broke college student sucks =P.

EDIT: Oh, and I may be able to get a professional video camera up there to record the speech, but that's still in the works right now.

dsentell
11-02-2007, 08:00 AM
I THIRD THAT!!!

This is an extremely important event. We must continue to do what we have been doing -- when faced with adversity PUSH HARDER!

WE NEED EVEN MORE PEOPLE THERE THAN ORIGINALLY PLANNED!

LibertyEagle
11-02-2007, 08:08 AM
You're the man, Sematary. Quite amazing, I might add. Thank you! :)

If you can say this, after all the hard work you've put into this rally, then it ought to be easy for the rest of us.

Mandrik
11-02-2007, 08:13 AM
Of course I'm disappointed in the venue change, but that's not going to make me stop believing in RP. This will be my first opportunity to see him speak live, so I'm not changing my plans to attend. He could hold this in a back alley and I'd still go.

Sematary
11-02-2007, 08:15 AM
I second that.

I'm going to help redirect people at the Mall, and then hopefully make my way up to the actual rally. Is there anyone willing to give me a ride in case there aren't shuttles? Being a broke college student sucks =P.

EDIT: Oh, and I may be able to get a professional video camera up there to record the speech, but that's still in the works right now.

I believe, if my info is correct, that there WILL be shuttles.

Sematary
11-02-2007, 08:17 AM

If you can say this, after all the hard work you've put into this rally, then it ought to be easy for the rest of us.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/9.gif

dsentell
11-02-2007, 08:17 AM

Isn't that the truth!

Sematary is focused, never forgets what he is fighting for. :)

While some of us occasionally get sidetracked . . . :o

James R
11-02-2007, 08:34 AM
I believe, if my info is correct, that there WILL be shuttles.

I wrote a post ("Push for busses."), but nobody has responded, so I have to doubt it.

Sematary
11-02-2007, 08:55 AM
I wrote a post ("Push for busses."), but nobody has responded, so I have to doubt it.

That info is from Don Rasmussen

drexhex
11-02-2007, 09:00 AM

Sorry for going off-topic here, but do you know if Don Rasmussen has any relation to Dennis F. Rasmussen? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_F._Rasmussen) (link is his Wikipedia article)

Sematary
11-02-2007, 09:00 AM
Sorry for going off-topic here, but do you know if Don Rasmussen has any relation to Dennis F. Rasmussen? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_F._Rasmussen) (link is his Wikipedia article)

no clue

James R
11-02-2007, 10:10 AM

Can you pass on this link to him:
http://www.busrates.com/results.php?ft=1&zip=&bustype=3&state=PA&city=Philadelphia

One of those companies has 5 "motor coach" busses at $600 each for 5 hours, which is probably a good deal. I'm hoping they will run shuttles at least every 15 minutes, and ideally every 10 minutes.

mika813
11-02-2007, 01:39 PM
Hi Everybody,
I would like to start by saying thank you to all those folks who have worked so hard to get this off the ground and promoted this! It is universally agreed that the Independence Mall location was the bomb, and I too was a bit disappointed when the venue was changed because of its historical significance.

Why was it changed? Because of money, well what isn't being said? I can only speculate to this, but if I was able to “twist an arm” to get someone to pay over priced cost and rates I would wait until them had some pretty good investments made into a plan/location so that it would be costly and severely damage their efforts if any changes to the plan/location are made. Now I've got them by the “short hairs” and can make demands that might be construed as extortion. Now the Campaign can not come out and make claims that they are being manipulated or extorted, all they can hope for is that if they make a stand on principle and do not give in, the support for the man and his message will not be so fickle and “fair weather” that we would jump ship. Was the Rally for the Mall or the Man? So, maybe something behind the scenes punched us in the face, did that knock us out? Will we let their tactics beat us?

I've been to two “rallies” for Hillary and Barrack promoting Dr. Paul, and one thing I like to point out to the people waiting to see those other candidates is how they are charging them for access just like they do with the lobbyist and call it a “fund raiser.” Then I brag about how Dr. Paul speaks to the people for free (as it should be) and if you agree with his message then he asks for your support, and one way but not the only way, is a monetary donation. I have to smile when I see “Sematary” make statements that continue to support the rally despite the venue change. He gets it. I hope we all do! I look forward to meeting everyone in Valley Forge, another historically significant local to the first American Revolution, the place where Washington's rag tag Army nearly dissolved, a few dedicated patriots stayed on and saved the cause. Will we do the same? I will!