PDA

View Full Version : Mitt Romney Romney in shouting match with crowd at Iowa fair

reduen
08-11-2011, 01:37 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/romney-shouting-match-crowd-iowa-fair-163532052.html

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney faced a rowdy crowd at the Iowa State Fair Thursday, with people interrupting his answers to chant "Wall Street greed" and him snapping "corporations are people, my friend."

One questioner asked the GOP presidential candidate what he would do to strengthen Social Security. The voter didn't like Romney's pledge not to raise taxes, and interrupted him.

Romney pointed angrily at the crowd and told them to give him a chance to answer. After a minutes-long exchange with Romney and the crowd shouting over each other, Romney said, "If you want to speak, you can. But it's my turn."

Some members in the crowd urged Romney to tax wealthy individuals and corporations to ensure solvency for entitlement programs such as Social Security and Medicare.

"There was a time when we didn't go after people for their success," Romney said.

"If you don't like my answer, you can vote for someone else," he added.

As he wrapped up, he joked, "These guys up front won't be voting for me."

Romney hasn't spent as much time in Iowa as other candidates. He visited before the Thursday evening debate in Ames

klamath
08-11-2011, 02:20 PM
Sounds like democratic acorn operatives

RM918
08-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Surely this is a sign that Obama supporters are rude, crass and have no place in electoral politics. If Obama wants to be taken seriously, he needs to rein in his immature supporters.

Oh. What? The actions of a few are only broadly extrapolated on the whole if they're Ron Paul supporters? Ah, right.

Aratus
08-11-2011, 03:53 PM
are they getting back at him for those recent ads?