PDA

View Full Version : Reportedly Romney loses his cool during speech?!

xRedfoxx
08-11-2011, 11:05 AM
Will post more as I learn it!

http://libertyandhope.blogspot.com/

Bruno
08-11-2011, 11:06 AM
Hope so!

This is awesome! Maybe he forgets how Iowans can ask tough questions and call people out. Ask Newt. :)

xRedfoxx
08-11-2011, 11:12 AM
All over AP now.....this will help his numbers! :) First sign of cracking?

oyarde
08-11-2011, 11:13 AM
Hope so!

This is awesome! Maybe he forgets how Iowans can ask tough questions and call people out. Ask Newt. :)

Keep up the good work Bruno !

Schiff_FTW
08-11-2011, 11:15 AM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gxoyK-2kk72O_1F7WxreRqZ0aMHw?docId=0a2044bb5ba1447797da0 967800916f9

Romney in shouting match with crowd at Iowa fair

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney faced a rowdy crowd at the Iowa State Fair, with people interrupting his answers to chant "Wall Street greed."

One questioner asked the GOP presidential candidate what he would do to strengthen Social Security. The voter didn't like Romney's pledge not to raise taxes, and interrupted him.

Romney pointed angrily at the crowd and told them to give him a chance to answer. After a minutes-long exchange with Romney and the crowd shouting over each other, Romney said, "If you want to speak, you can. But it's my turn."

As he wrapped up, he joked, "These guys up front won't be voting for me."

Romney hasn't spent as much time in Iowa as other candidates. He visited before the Thursday evening debate in Ames.

Bruno
08-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Keep up the good work Bruno !

I wish I could take the credit for that, but I can't. If I do see him at the fair, I will be sure to say something, but I'm sure he'll bail after his media appearance today and after the debate tonight.

He's lost enough money in Iowa, he doesn't care to campaign here any more.

V3n
08-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Article with video:

hxxp://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/176469-romney-gets-in-heated-exchange-with-hecklers-in-iowa

Romney says: “Corporations are people, my friend.”

jct74
08-11-2011, 11:20 AM
Here is the whole video of the Q&A session. There was a bunch of people shouting questions at him the whole time but I didn't ever see him losing his cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEojP16MISQ

oyarde
08-11-2011, 11:21 AM
I wish I could take the credit for that, but I can't. If I do see him at the fair, I will be sure to say something, but I'm sure he'll bail after his media appearance today and after the debate tonight.

He's lost enough money in Iowa, he doesn't care to campaign here any more.

Crap , if you see him at the fair , ask him to buy you lunch :)

aGameOfThrones
08-11-2011, 11:25 AM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gxoyK-2kk72O_1F7WxreRqZ0aMHw?docId=0a2044bb5ba1447797da0 967800916f9

One questioner asked the GOP presidential candidate what he would do to strengthen Social Security. The voter didn't like Romney's pledge not to raise taxes, and interrupted him.

:rolleyes:

gls
08-11-2011, 11:27 AM
LOL at the "progressives" who think there is a difference between Obama and Romney.

trey4sports
08-11-2011, 11:32 AM
check out my comments on the main thread. Romney deserves some respect in my book.

HOLLYWOOD
08-11-2011, 11:33 AM
Article with video:

hxxp://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/176469-romney-gets-in-heated-exchange-with-hecklers-in-iowa

Romney says: “Corporations are people, my friend.”This needs to go viral... when you associate Romney's corporate raiding BAIN CAPITAL, his shakedown of American Jobs and Businesses for his profit, this will expose the fraud of the Fascist Progressive.

Time to send this to all the social sites and let it runs it's course.

V3n
08-11-2011, 11:49 AM
"Corporations are people, my friend!" ..already taking a hold in the google-sphere!

Google: Romney Corporations are people (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=612&q=romney+corporations+are+people&oq=romney+corporations+are+people&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=3225l7045l0l7223l30l25l0l12l12l0l158l1423l7 .6l13l0)

Unelected
08-11-2011, 11:57 AM
Honestly, Romney comes out looking tougher and more fiscally conservative after watching that video. Those communists and parasites that want more our my money make him look conservative.

Brett85
08-11-2011, 12:00 PM
This will do nothing but help Romney's poll numbers, unfortunately. These were a bunch of left wing hacks who were just trying to disrupt his speech. I probably would've been a lot more angry than Romney was if that had happened to me.

Brett85
08-11-2011, 12:00 PM
"Corporations are people, my friend!" ..already taking a hold in the google-sphere!

Google: Romney Corporations are people (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=612&q=romney+corporations+are+people&oq=romney+corporations+are+people&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=3225l7045l0l7223l30l25l0l12l12l0l158l1423l7 .6l13l0)

Corporations are treated as individuals under the law.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
08-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Honestly, Romney comes out looking tougher and more fiscally conservative after watching that video. Those communists and parasites that want more our my money make him look conservative.

This is why I am seriously wondering if these were plants. Romney is not stupid and knows that he looks like a very weak conservative. He and his staff would also know that this would get media attention and it would make him look strong.

V3n
08-11-2011, 12:05 PM
Corporations are treated as individuals under the law.

I know the SCOTUS has given corporations this view, but coming from someone that already gives the air of a Corporate Stuffed-Suit, it makes it sound (to me) that he would favor his corporate buddies over the common man - more of the "Wall St. vs. Main St." conversation. He's already seen as the Big-Money Insider, this statement solidifies it.

ItsTime
08-11-2011, 12:07 PM
At least they were not idiot Ron Paul supporters. Had me worried for a second!

Brian4Liberty
08-11-2011, 12:09 PM
Those communists and parasites that want more our my money make him look conservative.

Yeah, that guy who was yelling about how he wanted his benefits came off as quite the spoiled old brat.

Brett85
08-11-2011, 12:11 PM
it makes it sound (to me) that he would favor his corporate buddies over the common man - more of the "Wall St. vs. Main St." conversation.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. If you're saying that he would support welfare for corporations, then I would certainly disagree with him on that. But if he just wants to lower the corporate tax rate and get rid of regulations on corporations, I'm all in favor of that. I don't want the government to punish corporations.

angelatc
08-11-2011, 12:13 PM
Romney deserves some respect in my book. You need to burn that bad boy.

Bruno
08-11-2011, 12:13 PM
This is why I am seriously wondering if these were plants. Romney is not stupid and knows that he looks like a very weak conservative. He and his staff would also know that this would get media attention and it would make him look strong.

Friend told me she heard (third or forth-hand hearsay) they were possibly Democratic plants.

trey4sports
08-11-2011, 12:15 PM

They weren't plants. It's not a conspiracy

angelatc
08-11-2011, 12:15 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by that. If you're saying that he would support welfare for corporations, then I would certainly disagree with him on that. But if he just wants to lower the corporate tax rate and get rid of regulations on corporations, I'm all in favor of that. I don't want the government to punish corporations.

But you never know what you're going to get with Mitt. Never forget his nickname.

V3n
08-11-2011, 12:21 PM

I wasn't very clear - I was trying to speak more on how the comment would be perceived to the general public, than to one audience or another, regardless what he would actually do. (well that's a lot clearer, eh??)

That it would be perceived more along the lines of corporate welfare that people are sick of. Personally I think he would do that, same as Bush, same as Obama.

Bruno
08-11-2011, 12:24 PM
They weren't plants. It's not a conspiracy

You can't possibly know that, unless you were there and questioned them afterwards. Plants do exist. Ask Rand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4bpgnkNN7Q&feature=player_embedded

libertyjam
08-11-2011, 12:24 PM
The only ones losing their cool were some of the crowd. I think he did very well in this case. As for the corporations comment, I think what he means is who make up corporations? It is people. I may not agree with him on this or other issues since corporate person-hood is a legal entity, but he did not look bad.

Jerkface
08-11-2011, 12:30 PM
This is actually going to help Romney. He did very well addressing those questions. So much so that it almost looks set up. His posture (leg up on a hay bail) shows confidence. Which either means he's extremely good at dealing with hostility (wouldn't suprise me if he is), or he knew what was coming and put on a show. Very timely as well.

Occam's Banana
08-11-2011, 12:35 PM
[I]f he just wants to lower the corporate tax rate and get rid of regulations on corporations, I'm all in favor of that. I don't want the government to punish corporations.
Agreed. But he should probably find a better way of expressing the sentiment than by saying, "Corporations are people, my friend!"

JJonesMBA
08-11-2011, 12:36 PM
I saw it live on CSPAN. IMO, it wasn't set up - from what I saw, it was a group of Democrat or Obama leaning activists as well as normal everyday citizens upset about SS cuts. One older gentleman lost his cool and couldn't control his emotions. I thought Romney did well in general, except he resorted to some strong and repetitive finger pointing that to me looked like he was either purposely trying to incite the man further, or indeed started to lose a bit of his cool. Overall, Romney seemed fair in his attacks on Obama's policies, and I was glad to see him defend free market principles, although he could have done better. In the end, unfortunately, typical media spin from both sides will prevail, I'm sure.

risiusj
08-11-2011, 12:54 PM
One questioner asked the GOP presidential candidate what he would do to strengthen Social Security. The voter didn't like Romney's pledge not to raise taxes on people with more money than himself, and interrupted him.

Fixed.

libertybrewcity
08-11-2011, 01:38 PM
Romney is pissed because Ron Paul is catching up to him.

amonasro
08-11-2011, 01:44 PM
They played a clip on the ABC newsbreak for the local talk radio show. I'm pretty sure it's syndicated nationally. They played a terrible clip that made him come off as incompetent and annoyed, with people shouting all around him. Is the media already starting to turn on him?

oyarde
08-12-2011, 11:08 AM
All GOP candidates should carry around that mailing address in West Virginia to hand out to people to mail checks to the treasury if they would like to pay more taxes .

pcosmar
08-12-2011, 11:15 AM
Reportedly Romney loses his cool

Romney has a "cool" ?

Who knew.
:confused: