PDA

View Full Version : "The Donald" Trump is buying stocks...

dannno
08-11-2011, 10:51 AM
Trump: I Just Bought Stocks

Thursday, 11 Aug 2011 08:57 AM
By Forrest Jones

Real estate mogul Donald Trump says he is buying stocks — something he never does — because banks just aren’t providing attractive conditions to hold money these days, while good real estate is hard to find.

Markets are a mess and the future is cloudy, but there is some value in stocks, he says.

“I did something the other day that is very shocking to me — I bought some stocks. I’m not a stock person, I love real estate but good real estate is very hard to get. I guess it’s a little like gold,” Trump tells CNBC.

Not only did Trump buy equities, but he also bought financial stocks as well, which have taken a beating on fears that debt issues in the U.S. and Europe may damage banking sectors worldwide.

“I bought Bank of America, I bought Citi. I bought two troubled companies that I think that have an upside. Let’s see what happens.”

Trump said he bought non-financial stocks as well.

“Caterpillar, Intel, Johnson & Johnson, Procter and Gamble — I loved those companies and I have watched them for years.” Stocks are better than saving, Trump says.

“You get no interest on your money in the banks,” Trump says. “I’ve read now where one bank wants to charge you for you holding your cash.”

Stock prices have taken wild rides in the past few days following a series of unprecedented headlines.

The U.S narrowly avoided default when Congress and the Obama administration agreed on deficit reducing terms to lift the debt ceiling at the last minute before an Aug. 2 deadline.

Then Standard & Poor’s said those terms fell short of its expectations and stripped the country of its AAA ratings and just after that, the Fed said it would likely keep interest rates low for about two years.

Now all eyes are on Europe, which is scrambling to contain an economic crisis to periphery countries like Greece so financial institutions in bigger countries like Italy, Spain and France don’t succumb.

“The world is a mess. You see it going up, you see it going down. I’ve never seen anything like it,” Trump says.

Bank of New York Mellon has said it will now charge institutional clients a fee for unusually high deposits, as a flight to safety is pushing money-market rates below zero, thus flooding the bank with cash, Bloomberg reports.

“I’ve never seen this happen, not in 25 years,” Gerard Cassidy, an analyst with RBC Capital Markets in Portland, Maine, tells Bloomberg.

Other banks may follow BNY Mellon’s lead, Cassidy adds.

© Moneynews. All rights reserved.

http://www.moneynews.com/StreetTalk/Trump-Stocks-markets-money/2011/08/11/id/406946?s=al&promo_code=CD05-1

oyarde
08-11-2011, 11:11 AM
Cat , Proctor & Gamble , Johnson & Johnson , not bad , but I would throw in some General Dynamics :)

oyarde
08-11-2011, 11:12 AM
Don needs to get off his ass and buy more , back to 11,000 now , I want to see 12,000 !

oyarde
08-11-2011, 11:24 AM
There is actually some bargains on some real estate now , problem is , you are not going to be able to make money off of it in fact , it will just cost you money , market may not have bottomed , will be years recovering and you just have to pay property tax on it ....

oyarde
08-11-2011, 11:33 AM
I would not buy financials , I doubt the Euro will even survive long term . What does he know , I do not ??

dannno
08-11-2011, 11:46 AM
What does he know , I do not ??

That this article is a pump n dump scam :confused:

Aratus
08-11-2011, 03:47 PM
GM

PastaRocket848
08-11-2011, 04:02 PM
There is actually some bargains on some real estate now , problem is , you are not going to be able to make money off of it in fact , it will just cost you money , market may not have bottomed , will be years recovering and you just have to pay property tax on it ....

What ever happened to people buying houses to *live* in them?

Aratus
08-11-2011, 04:12 PM
mr. trump
buy GM
stock.

trust me.

they were
at their
bottom.

others have
yet to...

bottom.

Aratus
08-11-2011, 04:14 PM
Ford also
looks solid.

oyarde
08-12-2011, 10:43 AM
What ever happened to people buying houses to *live* in them?

That is it , if you are looking for a place to buy to live in or to start a business , buy it , otherwise , forget about it .

LibertyEagle
08-12-2011, 10:46 AM

lol.

Exactly what I was thinking.

oyarde
08-12-2011, 10:49 AM

Could be , market is up again today , anything bought Monday , could take profits on it now.