PDA

View Full Version : Washington Examiner: Prediction: Ron Paul will win Ames straw poll

LibertyEsq
08-11-2011, 09:49 AM
http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/prediction-ron-paul-will-win-ames-straw-poll

"Were Paul to win, I imagine it would be used more to discredit the poll than to start to take him seriously as a viable candidate, which could play into the hands of Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty if he has a poor showing."

These are the people co-sponsoring the debate with Fox.

LibertyEagle
08-11-2011, 09:52 AM
I am really getting so tired of the media taking pot shots at him.

LibertyEsq
08-11-2011, 09:53 AM
I am really getting so tired of the media taking pot shots at him.

I'd like to point out that this particular shot is ridiculous and laughable, considering Pawlenty will still be at 2% nationally if he "has a poor showing".

When is the media going to stop pretending Pawlenty is relevant

sailingaway
08-11-2011, 10:04 AM
This same outlet had good things to say about him yesterday. This guy does seem to be a tool, though I hope he isn't the Washington Examiner's rep asking questions at the debate. It would be kind of hard to marginalize Ron if he stunned everyone and outright won, given his third place polls nationally and in Iowa. But they will use it to minimize as much as they can, I am certain. As if EVERYONE weren't 'organized' over the Iowa straw poll, and as if that weren't the entire point.

This is trying to raise expectations so that anything less than a 'win' will be spun as a disappointing showing.

Romulus
08-11-2011, 12:06 PM
Yeah they 'expect' him to win.... so they can blast him when he comes in second, or dismiss Ames as a whole if he does when... welcome to a new level of bullshit!

We already won a long time ago!