PDA

View Full Version : Pella Iowa Paper Promotes "For Liberty"

IDefendThePlatform
08-11-2011, 09:42 AM
Thanks to some outstanding promotion by our own RonPaulHawaii the local Pella, Iowa radio website put up this promotion about the "For Liberty" screening tomorrow night:
http://www.kniakrls.com/2011/08/ron-paul-film-michele-bachmann-appearance-in-pella-tomorrow/

I think we could get a pretty decent sized crowd, and probably more than a few straw poll votes out of it as well.

sailingaway
08-11-2011, 10:18 AM
click on the link and reward, folks!

Romulus
08-11-2011, 12:00 PM
Cool

pauliticalfan
08-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Wow, click on the front news page. Looks like there's a 6 minute interview about the film?

http://www.kniakrls.com/sections/news/

sailingaway
08-11-2011, 12:18 PM
Wow, click on the front news page. Looks like there's a 6 minute interview about the film?

Very cool! I missed that!!

angelatc
08-11-2011, 12:22 PM
That's great. I love this movie so much it's probably not normal.

I think this link goes right to the Mp3: http://media.blubrry.com/iowaradioplus/p/content.blubrry.com/iowaradioplus/Micheal_Maresco_8-11.MP3

Inkblots
08-11-2011, 12:31 PM

Wow! What a great interview.

speciallyblend
08-11-2011, 12:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTaD9cd8hvw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTaD9cd8hvw

keep up the good work iowa troopers!!!

AdamT
08-11-2011, 01:47 PM
Wow Michael, amazing interview!!!

pauliticalfan
08-11-2011, 01:50 PM
Yes, kudos to Michael. Very articulate interview!

KingRobbStark
08-11-2011, 02:49 PM
Like it. This will resonate with a lot folks out there.

sam1952
08-11-2011, 03:03 PM
Great interview!!!! It really exempliflies the spirt of true grassroots... Forgive my ignorance but is this movie available to view online? You Tube maybe?

AdamT
08-11-2011, 03:05 PM
Great interview!!!! It really exempliflies the spirt of true grassroots... Forgive my ignorance but is this movie available to view online? You Tube maybe?

RonPaulFilm.com "About the Recut"

TheTyke
08-11-2011, 03:07 PM

Absolutely! It's awesome. Edit: AdamT beat me to it. :D

And awesome work there in IA folks... great interview.

V4Vendetta
08-11-2011, 05:51 PM
which version of the film is going to play?

ronpaulhawaii
08-11-2011, 11:29 PM
I knew I had too many uhhs and ahhhs... :o gotta keep working on that...

which version of the film is going to play?

Showing the Re-cut

:D

Esoteric
08-12-2011, 08:54 AM
I knew I had too many uhhs and ahhhs... :o gotta keep working on that...

Showing the Re-cut

:D

you did about 1000% better than Obama with that.. and he's, uh, the president!

sailingaway
08-12-2011, 08:55 AM
+rep Michael!

LatinsforPaul
08-12-2011, 10:39 PM
Any word on how the movie, For Liberty, from Ames was last night?

ronpaulhawaii
08-13-2011, 12:46 AM
Went great. Light turnout ~ 50 PAX, but turned Pawlenty supporters, Dems, the staff of the venue, including Board members... Vigorous applause. Will write more after tomorrow. Some things could have been done better but very much impressed some Pella folk, I expect a solid word of mouth effect. Typing on phone so am being brief

Esoteric
08-13-2011, 01:34 AM
Mike did some awesome groundwork this week. He deserves all the props in the world. I'd be extremely surprised if Ron doesn't have a landslide victory in this county come caucus time.

Here were some of the factors which directly caused the modest turnout:

1) The Iowa state fair, the largest fair in the united states, was today, 30 minutes away. It turns out 100k people.. so that's where most people were today.

2) It seems that we may have made some people upset in the town when someone posted the promo posters all over the street. Some also seemed turned off by the fact that we came into their town with a political agenda, etc. I've learned that Iowa is a strange place when it comes to this sort of thing.

3) A local man decided to pick the EXACT SAME TIME as our event to announce a "presidential bid" at a church a block away from our event. This may be related to above^^.

So, with these factors working against us, we turned out what we could. The movie was very well received, and we definitely won over some new supporters, and the few that I talked to were planning on going to the straw poll. Got some good reactions from those who were not already supporters / coming in blind. Big props to Mike for hitting the ground HARD and doing some fantastic retail politicking. Like I said, I'd be extremely surprised if Ron didn't win this county come caucus time.

Onward!

PS - Word is, from .. a notoriously unreliable source who may or may not be working for the campaign ;) .. that we are likely to win this thing tomorrow.

That is all! Feeling good about tomorrow!

ronpaulhawaii
08-13-2011, 07:09 AM
Biggest draw in town was the NASCAR race. The papering of the town did hurt a bit. Biggest win was the local senior citizens, with no internet, who came down.

JamesButabi
08-13-2011, 07:21 AM
Biggest draw in town was the NASCAR race. The papering of the town did hurt a bit. Biggest win was the local senior citizens, with no internet, who came down.

Just as an FYI this has been the highest conversion rate of any demographic I have encountered. If you are genuinely worried and convey it well they will pick up on that and react on your behalf.

trey4sports
08-13-2011, 09:46 AM
sweet, hopefully we get a couple extra votes out of this.

sailingaway
08-13-2011, 07:05 PM
I think we should do a chip in to send one to every supporter of Ron's who went to the straw poll asking them to watch it then pass it on to one friend who is thinking about Ron but not yet convinced.

sadam
09-02-2011, 11:13 AM
Mike did some awesome groundwork this week. He deserves all the props in the world. I'd be extremely surprised if Ron doesn't have a landslide victory in this county come caucus time.

Here were some of the factors which directly caused the modest turnout:

1) The Iowa state fair, the largest fair in the united states, was today, 30 minutes away. It turns out 100k people.. so that's where most people were today.

2) It seems that we may have made some people upset in the town when someone posted the promo posters all over the street. Some also seemed turned off by the fact that we came into their town with a political agenda, etc. I've learned that Iowa is a strange place when it comes to this sort of thing.

3) A local man decided to pick the EXACT SAME TIME as our event to announce a "presidential bid" at a church a block away from our event. This may be related to above^^.

So, with these factors working against us, we turned out what we could. The movie was very well received, and we definitely won over some new supporters, and the few that I talked to were planning on going to the straw poll. Got some good reactions from those who were not already supporters / coming in blind. Big props to Mike for hitting the ground HARD and doing some fantastic retail politicking. Like I said, I'd be extremely surprised if Ron didn't win this county come caucus time.

Onward!

PS - Word is, from .. a notoriously unreliable source who may or may not be working for the campaign ;) .. that we are likely to win this thing tomorrow.

That is all! Feeling good about tomorrow!

All I want to know is who is the local man that announced he is running for president? I may want to throw my support behind him, means Pella is the political mecca of the world. Silly Dutch Iowans.

Bruno
09-02-2011, 11:26 AM

That is probably more Pella-related than Iowa-related. Pella is a Dutch town, very proud of its cleanliness and has their own local customs and social norms like when you can/can't mow your lawn, and that it can't exceed 8 inches in height.