PDA

View Full Version : LMAO - Behind the scenes of the mind-control machines (Fox News)

nobody's_hero
08-11-2011, 09:12 AM
I don't know who recorded this video, but enjoy it before it gets taken down. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaEUfrgha6E

Credit: Youtube user Motoxdog1

Sometimes I don't know what to think of Carl Cameron. Interesting conversation at the end.

sevin
08-11-2011, 09:19 AM
Ugh. The reporter was friendly and made some interesting points. The guy with the camera was kind of a douche, IMO.

nobody's_hero
08-11-2011, 09:29 AM
Ugh. The reporter was friendly and made some interesting points. The guy with the camera was kind of a douche, IMO.

I agree and at the same time, I don't.

I think that the recorders could have been a bit more cordial. Whether we like it or not, we need the MSM this time around. A lot more people watch Fox News than Alex Jones or Kokesh's RT show. While the latter two do a usually much better job of promoting liberty, they just don't have the viewership that Fox News has.

It was hard to follow Cameron at times, because he seemed to be saying things that I don't even know whether or not he believed them himself.

The funniest part to me was how many times Cameron had to say the same thing over and over to make it sound just right when he was recording the promo. It's probably not uncommon in TV journalism, but it isn't something we get to see very often; makes it seem a bit awkward.

Bruno
08-11-2011, 09:31 AM
"Gettting all the faux fakts, rehearsed, and unfair, and unbalanced."

AGRP
08-11-2011, 09:44 AM

He handled himself quite well.

Its not everyday you're confronted with the people who are partially responsible for bringing this country to its knees.

wannaberocker
08-11-2011, 09:45 AM
"Gettting all the faux fakts, rehearsed, and unfair, and unbalanced."

Media in general is unfair and unbalanced. So thats a given, what we can do is look for outlets that are less bias than others.

Bruno
08-11-2011, 09:45 AM

Its not everyday you're confronted with the people who are partially responsible for bringing this country to its knees.

I didn't watch the whole thing. At what point does that occur?

nobody's_hero
08-11-2011, 09:50 AM
I didn't watch the whole thing. At what point does that occur?

About 5:20.

I thought Cameron was going to be a bully, at first, but he warmed up a bit. It's quite clear that the recorders and Cameron disagree, but I thought it was an interesting conversation.

kahless
08-11-2011, 09:57 AM
I am not a fan of Cameron considering he was the most condescending and disrespectful to Paul in 08. He also started off being an ass with "don't block" and unless there is some part of this video I missed, they were not blocking anyone.

With that said the camera man loses the high road with his attitude and lost a good opportunity to debate Karl who was willing to hear his grievances. The camera guy creeped me out a bit towards the end.

EDIT: I agree with this comment over at youtube: "This does nothing good to help RP at all. You should delete this. It's terrible. You didn't "expose" anything. This will do way more harm than good."

nobody's_hero
08-11-2011, 10:09 AM
Cameron was saying "Don't blog". But why not? This really shouldn't be an embarrassment to Fox News. It's just how things work behind the scenes. At the same time, it's kind of funny.

I mean, how many times to you have to rehearse the news? Can't you just tell people what's going on? Just 'keep it real'? People submit camera phone videos all the time with things like 'iReport'. They don't sit at home rehearsing; they just record it and share it. I think the news would be much more interesting if it weren't so 'manufactured.'

specsaregood
08-11-2011, 10:23 AM
I am not a fan of Cameron considering he was the most condescending and disrespectful to Paul in 08. He also started off being an ass with "don't block" and unless there is some part of this video I missed, they were not blocking anyone.

With that said the camera man loses the high road with his attitude and lost a good opportunity to debate Karl who was willing to hear his grievances. The camera guy creeped me out a bit towards the end.

EDIT: I agree with this comment over at youtube: "This does nothing good to help RP at all. You should delete this. It's terrible. You didn't "expose" anything. This will do way more harm than good."

I echo this ^ sentiment. If you are gonna act like this with the media, please leave RP out of the discussion. please.

dannno
08-11-2011, 10:27 AM

Hah, well I only got half way through before I had to leave for work, but what I saw was a guy with a camera accused the reporter (Carl Cameron) of being a robot.. Then Carl Cameron apparently heard the comment and came over to talk to them. The guy with the camera told him that Fox News and all the other stations were a fraud, and I think that is important to tell people who work at Fox News because they need to know that not everybody is buying the shit they sell.. Then Carl Cameron tried to be all profound but then simply told them about how today's elections are all about advertising and promotions... apparently Fox News are advertising and promotions for candidates??

Sounds like he pretty much got pwned up to that point. Of course I also missed a lot after that.

specsaregood
08-11-2011, 10:29 AM
Hah, well I only got half way through before I had to leave for work, but what I saw was a guy with a camera accused the reporter (Carl Cameron) of being a robot.. Then Carl Cameron apparently heard the comment and came over to talk to them. The guy with the camera told him that Fox News and all the other stations were a fraud, and I think that is important to tell people who work at Fox News because they need to know that not everybody is buying the shit they sell.. Then Carl Cameron tried to be all profound but then simply told them about how today's elections are all about advertising and promotions... apparently Fox News are advertising and promotions for candidates??

Sounds like he pretty much got pwned up to that point. Of course I also missed a lot after that.

That is all fair and fine with me, if only he hadn't introduced himself as "a ron paul guy". fail

dannno
08-11-2011, 10:36 AM
That is all fair and fine with me, if only he hadn't introduced himself as "a ron paul guy". fail

It's not going to change the face of the election. I'm guessing almost everybody who watches it is already a RP supporter.

Dreamofunity
08-11-2011, 10:41 AM
I'd probably rather have a discussion with Carl than the camera man.

jonhowe
08-11-2011, 10:50 AM
I would try and get the camera guy to take this down, makes us look nutty.

On a separate note, I don't like Carl Cameron, but I do feel he is sincere, and not part of the effort to discredit Ron. He does it on his own volition, instead...

Perry
08-11-2011, 10:56 AM
Wow what a jerk. One of the things I've learned from Ron Paul is that when dealing with the opposition one catches more flies with honey.

Bruno
08-11-2011, 11:04 AM

On a separate note, I don't like Carl Cameron, but I do feel he is sincere, and not part of the effort to discredit Ron. He does it on his own volition, instead...

Maybe you've forgotten the "about electiblity, Mr. Paul, do you have any?"

specsaregood
08-11-2011, 11:06 AM

Not to sound nutty, but that one question he asked Dr. Paul back in 2007/2008.....it looked like somebody toggled a remote control button and mind-controlled him...and he mumbles, "their way".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8TkmE5t1Pk&feature=user
Related thread:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?87431-Cameron-muttering

davidhperry
08-11-2011, 11:14 AM
Just think what Ron Paul's poll numbers would be if we didn't have guys like this camera man making things harder for us. Regardless of what you think about Carl Cameron, he was being cool and engaging the camera man. It was a perfect opportunity to be an example of an RP supporter that was sane. Shut the hell up about 'fraud in the media' 27 times. It's not like you're going to change that by arguing with Carl about that. It's these guys that will seriously lose this election for us, like that last time. They are also the same ones that post useless one-liner comments like 'wake up sheeple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1' on every blog post they can find. Hopefully the fact that RP is getting more mainstream GOP support will dilute these crazies.

HOLLYWOOD
08-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Then Carl Cameron tried to be all profound but then simply told them about how today's elections are all about advertising and promotions... apparently Fox News are advertising and promotions for candidates?? ... Just replace Advertising and Promotions with Marketing and Sales, which equal CA$H revenue.

Sensationalize for revenue is the norm for the US airwaves. Nothing new here, just operations for corporate MSM doing their field correspondent reporting. The producers and writers set the Q&A between the field and corporate HQ anchors. Now you realize how smoothly most field reports go in almost a perfectly allotted time window.
Obviously there are failures, like the recent teleprompter knucklehead gaffs by MSNBC with puppet Al Sharpton, or the 20 minute puppet wait by Obama on this last Friday's propaganda debacle. Frankly, I'm surprised that FOX and Carl Cameron aren't using their 'Port-a-Prompter' or 'Autocue/script' since they're in Iowa for at least the ~week.

Did you see the other Ron Paul person(2012 T-shirt), that exists @ the 1:50 mark? I personally would not associate as a Ron Paul supporter, if I am going to act arrogant up against MSM... cool heads and facts always prevail in debate/challenges. These FOX producers will use it against Ron one way or another in the future.

This is my favorite reporter - field correspondent/corporate anchor "FINISHED PRODUCT' of all time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bStCcEiOUEw

davidhperry
08-11-2011, 11:17 AM
Maybe you've forgotten the "about electiblity, Mr. Paul, do you have any?"

Yes, Carl didn't ask that question in the nicest way, but it was (and still is) a legit question to ask, IMHO. Remember, you (and me) believe that RP is the obvious choice and you would be stupid to vote for someone else, but most people haven't come to that place yet.

dannno
08-11-2011, 11:34 AM
Yes, Carl didn't ask that question in the nicest way, but it was (and still is) a legit question to ask, IMHO. Remember, you (and me) believe that RP is the obvious choice and you would be stupid to vote for someone else, but most people haven't come to that place yet.

Then why didn't they ask any of the other lower polling candidates?!

Why did all the other goons laugh after he asked it?

specsaregood
08-11-2011, 11:39 AM
Then why didn't they ask any of the other lower polling candidates?!
Why did all the other goons laugh after he asked it?

Say what you want, but that question hung over the base like it was on a freaking t-ball stand and Dr. Paul smacked it out of the park. Or in other words, he spanked that question like a newborn baby.

Romulus
08-11-2011, 11:48 AM
Did you see how at first Karl got offensive, and then went into some phony spiel. This guy is an actor plain and simple. He talked over the camera man to keep control of the conversation.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to specsaregood again.

davidhperry
08-11-2011, 11:51 AM
Say what you want, but that question hung over the base like it was on a freaking t-ball stand and Dr. Paul smacked it out of the park. Or in other words, he spanked that question like a newborn baby.

Exactly. Presidential candidates get grilled. Every day. All the time. Ron handled that question exceptionally, and it sent a message that if you plan to ask RP a question that you think is going to embarrass or trip him up, you just might be the one that ends up looking like a jackass.

George W got hard questions. Obama got hard questions. That how it goes when you run for prez. The test is how the candidate handles those questions. Thankfully, RP does well when asked hard questions like that, so we shouldn't fear or read too much into them.

sevin
08-11-2011, 12:46 PM

I guess what bothered me is that the recorder didn't seem interested in conversing with Cameron. He just kept saying things like, "We know Fox news is a fraud" and "We're not falling for it," etc. I think it's more effective to have real conversations with people.

AGRP
08-11-2011, 01:00 PM
I guess what bothered me is that the recorder didn't seem interested in conversing with Cameron. He just kept saying things like, "We know Fox news is a fraud" and "We're not falling for it," etc. I think it's more effective to have real conversations with people.

Could he have been more polite? Sure. But, I ALWAYS give people like him the benefit of the doubt.

The great thing about passionate grassroots support is that they are real people who really know what is going on and they are active. Its very challenging not to get pissed off when you know whos partially responsible for aiding this disaster. The real reason why Fox is pissed off in particular at "ron paul people" is because they refuse to stand in line with the sheep to the gas chamber.

Maybe progressives who hate Fox News will enjoy the video and look into Ron Paul.

purplechoe
08-11-2011, 01:51 PM
The guy with the camera should have asked him why does Fox News tries to ignore Ron Paul when they talk about the race. They will constantly talk about candidates that are polling lower then Dr. Paul but will not even mention his name and if they do, only in passing...

unklejman
08-11-2011, 02:16 PM
To be honest the camera guy sounded like a robot too. Just saying the same thing over again instead of engaging the guy's points and giving an intelectual rebuttal.

specsaregood
08-11-2011, 02:28 PM
To be honest the camera guy sounded like a robot too. Just saying the same thing over again instead of engaging the guy's points and giving an intelectual rebuttal.

They were filming ad/promo spots. Doing retakes, not actually filming "news" segments.

unklejman
08-11-2011, 02:37 PM
They were filming ad/promo spots. Doing retakes, not actually filming "news" segments.

No, I'm talking about the guy with the camera phone after they were finished with the promo shoot.

showpan
08-11-2011, 07:47 PM
I'm also watching preseason football right now and can only think...fumble.
It would have been an excellent opportunity to engage Cameron on the things he was willing to discuss about people who do not wish to be seen as mere humans because large P&R firms were payed to make them out to be something more. Since the 50's, they have come a long way in learning how to sell us something we don't need and have been quite successful. Please don't show them who I really am....lol...just another actor rehearsing my lines.

Airborn
08-11-2011, 10:01 PM
Remember as Carl would say it's "their way..."

farrar
08-12-2011, 12:09 AM
This got me thinking about something that really bothers me here about msm discussions. It has alot to do with msm conspiracies. When I say that, I don't want to give the impression that conspiracy is a dirty word. People, groups, and orginizations conspire all the time.

What bothers me, is I'm always being told that there is this major successful and incredibly powerful centralized evil stealing our liberty and brainwashing us... commanding Hannity and Anderson Cooper to say "this or that"...

But in all seriousness, While it is true that organizations have priorities and beliefs they wish to espouse, we seem so quick to renounce the beliefs of the individuals within it. We so quick to denounce the CEO of BLANK, but never the editor with a bauchman fetish, etc. Maybe the media is like alot of other things in this world. A group of individuals with their own thoughts feelings and opinions using their positions in society to get what they want. When 4 hosts act like jack-asses on t.v it doesnt have to mean its a msm conspiracy, but simply that 4 members a tight community in the spotlight of society have a strong counter opinion to new growing ideas in other communities. But no, they all must be taking orders from the CIA.

But we should be seeing this more now, with people like The Judge, Stossel, and Adam Kokesh entering the spotlight. All three are members of this close-knit community using their positions to espouse their thoughts, feelings and opinions. Obviously major news networks have something to lose from some candidates entering office, or anchors taking positions. But looking at emerging allies in the media should send signals telling us that at the end of the day the media is simply a business motivated by profits (albeit government handouts as well). This idea that some puppet master has it in for Ron Paul or liberty seems a little silly, in light of the more likely possibility that the media community takes time to come around to new ideas, just like any other community.

But maybe that is just what they want me to think ;):confused:;)

Quite honestly though imho, the media is far to effective at marginalizing liberty to be the result of any centralized planning. Like the free market, anything that effective has to be the work of the exchange of social and economic interactions between individuals (or a community of some sort). lol

amonasro
08-12-2011, 01:17 AM
What bothers me, is I'm always being told that there is this major successful and incredibly powerful centralized evil stealing our liberty and brainwashing us... commanding Hannity and Anderson Cooper to say "this or that"...

Yeah I agree... I mean there's not some ivory tower of world leaders that conspire and plan to vaccinate us into oblivion and put muppets into the White House. That's just too simple. The real "conspiracy" is simply the media as an industry and politics as an industry working together as they have for many years. And when I say "industry" I mean the vast connected network that comprises politics and media that is more complicated than you can possibly imagine. Now, I'm sure at the top levels there are a few that pull certain strings, but it's not nearly as evil as it sounds. They are simply working for their interests, and that usually is growth and money. Surely they are just as concerned about advertisers as they are Bernanke calling them up and saying, "Hey, don't mention Ron Paul mmmkay." But they do end up controlling the narrative because the narrative becomes political reality for these media organizations, and thus the reality for the nation who reads newspapers. So certain candidates get more attention as a result.

But look at tonight's debate. Ron got quite a bit of speaking time and was treated more fairly than in 2007. Santorum even took a few swings, seeing him rising in polls and thinking him an easy target (oops). As Ron rises ever higher in the polls I think the media will start to come around slowly but surely. Not everyone working for ABC or Yahoo news is evil, but there are plenty of interests against a RP presidency so expect the attacks to come. But there are also people like us working for the media, those who can be swayed by Ron's message.

Airborn
08-12-2011, 06:21 PM
it's not that there is one puppet master pulling all the strings, that is just silly. But there are groups with agendas that use the media for their own goals... CFR, trilateral commision, bilderberg group

AJ Antimony
08-12-2011, 07:02 PM
The camera guy was completely being a douche. Cameron seemed like he was being very friendly... he didn't have to stop and talk for several minutes with some guy.

If the camera guy doesn't watch any MSM, then why is he even spending his time 'spying' on a Fox News anchor? Is he trying to magically convince Cameron that he and his network are more evil than satan and that therefore Cameron should resign?

How about have a friendly conversation and thank him for his time. Being nice is 1000000x more likely to 'convert' Cameron than being an asshole.

Benjam
08-12-2011, 07:45 PM
I very much enjoyed listening to Cameron. I wasn't quite sure what his point was regarding cell phones. Was he saying they allow or don't allow for honesty? His comment about a candidate who blares music so you can't really hear what they're saying reminded me of this article I read earlier today: xxtp://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2011/08/iowa-campaign-contrast-michele-bachmann-tim-pawlenty-and-ron-paul.html

While the article mentions that a Paul supporter asked the author why he wasn't asking "more important" questions, it's description of Bachmann's campaign seems very close to what Cameron described.

The camera man has a very justified prejudice against news corporations, but this was a very nice chance to listen and learn from someone on the inside. As last night's debate showed, Chris Wallace was very respectful and very complimentary of Paul's knowledge. Perhaps Cameron is growing to respect Paul as well. It is not the time to pull out insults and state we are totally against a candidate and thus appear closed-minded, even if we are. It puts others in a defensive position and makes us seem extreme, along with killing any possibility of useful discussion. If we can gain respect for our man, we will have more positive attention.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-21-2011, 08:36 PM
Carl Cameron. Integrity, sir. Do you have any?

unklejman
08-21-2011, 08:48 PM
I very much enjoyed listening to Cameron. I wasn't quite sure what his point was regarding cell phones. Was he saying they allow or don't allow for honesty?

I think he was saying that cell phone cameras make politicians have to always put up a front, when it used to be they didn't have to worry about everyone being able to record what they did/said. So cell phones making the politicians be dishonest all the time, instead of only when they are in front of the news mic/camera.