PDA

View Full Version : Are you still going to the rally?

Sematary
11-02-2007, 06:05 AM
I know quite a few people have already stated that they are not going to go but I wanted to get a sense of the damage caused by this move.

freedominnumbers
11-02-2007, 07:18 AM
I'll have to wait and see what happens before I answer.

If it's going to be just another rally like Manchester NH than I probably won't make the extra hour drive.

Sematary
11-02-2007, 07:35 AM
I'll have to wait and see what happens before I answer.

If it's going to be just another rally like Manchester NH than I probably won't make the extra hour drive.

I don't know what it's going to be like but I'd like to see us fill the venue and then fill the area around the venue with even MORE people.

LibertyEagle
11-02-2007, 07:37 AM
Sematary,
You deserve a medal, after this is all said and done. This rally was your baby and you worked on it so very hard. I so admire the way that you have already focused on making the new venue a success. Thank you!

Sematary
11-02-2007, 07:41 AM
Sematary,
You deserve a medal, after this is all said and done. This rally was your baby and you worked on it so very hard. I so admire the way that you have already focused on making the new venue a success. Thank you!

As I've said right along - this is about Ron Paul and getting him elected. I am simply a pawn, as are most of us, in the grand chess game that is the presidential elections. If the venue is to be Valley Forge then I am going to do everything I can to help ensure it's success.

CMoore
11-02-2007, 10:29 AM
I guess the question is: Does the campaign really want a huge number of people or do they want a smaller event? Since people like me will have to fly in, I want to make sure that is the best way to spend my money. The campaign may rather me just donate that money and then attend a rally later in my area of the country which will not involve so much travel expense. Does anyone out there have any sense of what is best? I mean if this is to be the next Woodstock, then I want to be there, but if this rally is really just for the PA folks, then I will attend one closer to home.

brandon
11-02-2007, 10:40 AM
After personally distributing over 2000 invitations to independance mall, I have lost all interest in this event.

If this is the kind of decision making that would occur under a Paul administration, I am not sure if I can even support this campaign anymore.

thehittgirl
11-02-2007, 10:43 AM
After personally distributing over 2000 invitations to independance mall, I have lost all interest in this event.

If this is the kind of decision making that would occur under a Paul administration, I am not sure if I can even support this campaign anymore.

I have decided I will still work, but I am not making any distant(geographically) plans anymore. Keep it local...I live in a politically sleepy area anyway.

drexhex
11-02-2007, 11:13 AM

OK, I like you in person, but this post pisses me off.

Yes, I know you distributed a ton of invitations. Yes, this is a bad decision. Yes, it does cause you to wonder about what the administration would be like.

However, keep in mind that this is the official campaign that is coming to a city whose state's primary isn't until April. Also, they cite money issues among others. We don't know what those others are, but it could be anything - security, size, unions, the park service, anything. Don't give up on a campaign because they decided to move it. I can almost guarantee that they fought to try to keep the location, especially so close to the event, but they must have a good reason to change it, otherwise it would have never been changed.

Word is that they're going to get transportation from the Mall. At least they're acknowledging that there will be a lot of people who show up at the Mall and not leaving everyone to fend for themselves, right?

Ron Paul is running on the freedom ticket. If you can't support him anymore because his campaign managers made one stupid move, you should be questioning why you supported him in the first place. Ron Paul is not just another presidential candidate, and we're not just rallying to show our support - we're rallying because we believe in his message. The fact that there was a move on one rally in a state whose primary is almost 6 months away should not keep you from voting for the only man who has a chance to save this country.

We're up against anyone who has a grudge against President Paul. Think of all the people who would be exposed as a criminal or lose their job because of the unnecessary programs he would be getting rid of. All IRS agents, all Dept. of Education employees, all Dept. of Energy employees, all Dept. of Homeland Security employees, Bush and his neocons, Hillary and her neocons, and tons more. All these people are trying to censor President Paul because they all have something to lose. We're at war.

Don't give up support because of one dumb decision. Instead, show that you support his cause in spite of their decision. Stand up for what you believe in, and don't give up because of a speed bump in the road to your goal. We are the Ron Paul Revolution.

[/rant]

Spirit of '76
11-02-2007, 11:13 AM
Ok, I know I had said several times that I didn't see much point in going now, but I just got an email from my dad, who I kind of felt like I'd been dragging to the rally anyway. But somehow knew that the rally had been changed, and he still wants to go! :)

So I guess we'll be there.

brandon
11-02-2007, 11:20 AM
However, keep in mind that this is the official campaign that is coming to a city whose state's primary isn't until April. Also, they cite money issues among others. We don't know what those others are, but it could be anything - security, size, unions, the park service, anything. Don't give up on a campaign because they decided to move it. I can almost guarantee that they fought to try to keep the location, especially so close to the event, but they must have a good reason to change it, otherwise it would have never been changed.

The only issue is the extremely bloated price tag they got from Tom. This rally can be put together for under 20K.

I am not really going to stop supporting this campaign, but my spirits are crushed. I have now essentially lied to thousands of people by inviting them to an event that is not really happenning.

MsDoodahs
11-02-2007, 11:21 AM
:)

It will be okay.

brandon
11-02-2007, 11:23 AM
BTW drexhex, who are you?

drexhex
11-02-2007, 11:40 AM
Eric, the guy with the ponytail.

Bossobass
11-02-2007, 11:40 AM
The difference in the before and after of the Philly rally is best summed up thusly:

The event has been downgraded to a local rally. There is too much at stake in SC, a neighboring state, to expend the resources and effort to attend a local rally being held in PA.

I hope the rally is a success and I'm all for it, but I'll wait for the YouTube summary rather than suffer the Philly airport, TSA, hotel and car rental. If we can help from Charlotte, LMK.

I'm supremely bummed that the event didn't remain a grassroots event. Even more bummed that this was what appears to me to be the last chance for a truly Presidential Primary Race Rally for the RP campaign before the NH, IA and SC primary battles.

What can I tell ya? I have to be honest.

Bosso

Ozwest
11-02-2007, 11:58 AM
The difference in the before and after of the Philly rally is best summed up thusly:

The event has been downgraded to a local rally. There is too much at stake in SC, a neighboring state, to expend the resources and effort to attend a local rally being held in PA.

I hope the rally is a success and I'm all for it, but I'll wait for the YouTube summary rather than suffer the Philly airport, TSA, hotel and car rental. If we can help from Charlotte, LMK.

I'm supremely bummed that the event didn't remain a grassroots event. Even more bummed that this was what appears to me to be the last chance for a truly Presidential Primary Race Rally for the RP campaign before the NH, IA and SC primary battles.

Bosso

I saw a post from you yesterday regarding this, and I got the drift, that you have some knowledge and contacts that might aid a growing tribe attempting the resurrection of this stalled project... Now that events outside of the convention center are open slather, would you consider offering your expertise in an attempt at at organized chaos?

Phenom24
11-02-2007, 12:20 PM
Upgrade me to possible.

I have claustrophobia and would have trouble with 2199 of my closest friends jammed in a room. But then standing outside in the cold, not exactly a grand thought.

thinking it over

BizmanUSA
11-02-2007, 12:28 PM
The only issue is the extremely bloated price tag they got from Tom. This rally can be put together for under 20K.

I am not really going to stop supporting this campaign, but my spirits are crushed. I have now essentially lied to thousands of people by inviting them to an event that is not really happenning.

NONSENSE! Especially not in the Philly outdoor market. :eek:

1st Tom did not provide a bloated price tag - I know this for a fact.

It seems that HQ added a few (many) thousand on to the amount that was given to them.

If you could come up with the 20+ major line items of equipment and labor required for a minimum rally in a major market like center city Philly for under 20K then you need to be crowned King of the Specials Events Industry!

BTW, when was the last time you filled your gas tank? This non-inflation time we all are enjoying is costing us a bit more even if you do simple math. :rolleyes:

I am by no means trying to slam you but production cost in this market even caught me by surprise and I have been doing it for 25+ years.

BizmanUSA

Ozwest
11-02-2007, 12:43 PM
As a small businessman, if an employee of mine made such a major blunder, I would interview him with the intention of giving him the sack. He or she would consider themselves lucky to be demoted. If you delegate responsibilities, the buck still stops with the employer.

BizmanUSA
11-02-2007, 12:46 PM
Hey Bosso,

Man it would be ULTRA COOL if you would even consider entertaining the thought of helping create a grassroots outdoor rally at VF convention center. Other key grassroots are trying but the Hell Fire intensity that you bring would definitely make a HUGE difference!

With your assistance we would propel this back to an almost Inde Park event - as posted elswhere - after all Valley Forge is a battleground - Yes/No ;)

BizmanUSA

From OZwest - saw a post from you yesterday regarding this, and I got the drift, that you have some knowledge and contacts that might aid a growing tribe attempting the resurrection of this stalled project... Now that events outside of the convention center are open slather, would you consider offering your expertise in an attempt at at organized chaos?

Bosso

BizmanUSA
11-02-2007, 12:55 PM
As a small businessman, if an employee of mine made such a major blunder, I would interview him with the intention of giving him the sack. He or she would consider themselves lucky to be demoted. If you delegate responsibilities, the buck still stops with the employer.

IF him is Tom then HE should be promoted not demoted for telling the truth.

In this case the employer is HQ and playing fuzzy with the truth is just not right.

But we shall overcome - WE ARE GRASSROOTS we are supporting Ron Paul

BizmanUSA

Ozwest
11-02-2007, 12:58 PM
Come on Bossobass, Whats your yardstick? Graphite? Don't frett.

Ozwest
11-02-2007, 01:04 PM
IF him is Tom then HE should be promoted not demoted for telling the truth.

In this case the employer is HQ and playing fuzzy with the truth is just not right.

But we shall overcome - WE ARE GRASSROOTS we are supporting Ron Paul

BizmanUSA

Pure Conjecture! Talk to my Lawyer!

mika813
11-02-2007, 01:07 PM
Hi Everybody,
I would like to start by saying thank you to all those folks who have worked so hard to get this off the ground and promoted this! It is universally agreed that the Independence Mall location was the bomb, and I too was a bit disappointed when the venue was changed because of its historical significance.

Why was it changed? Because of money, well what isn't being said? I can only speculate to this, but if I was able to “twist an arm” to get someone to pay over priced cost and rates I would wait until they had some pretty good investments made into a plan/location so that it would be costly and severely damage their efforts if any changes to the plan/location are made. Now I've got them by the “short hairs” and can make demands that might be construed as extortion. Now the Campaign can not come out and make claims that they are being manipulated or extorted, all they can hope for is that if they make a stand on principle and do not give in, the support for the man and his message will not be so fickle and “fair weather” that we would jump ship. Was the Rally for the Mall or the Man? So, maybe something behind the scenes punched us in the face, did that knock us out? Will we let their tactics beat us?

I've been to two “rallies” for Hillary and Barrack promoting Dr. Paul, and one thing I like to point out to the people waiting to see those other candidates is how they are charging them for access just like they do with the lobbyist and call it a “fund raiser.” Then I brag about how Dr. Paul speaks to the people for free (as it should be) and if you agree with his message then he asks for your support, and one way but not the only way, is a monetary donation. I have to smile when I see “Sematary” make statements that continue to support the rally despite the venue change. He gets it. I hope we all do! I look forward to meeting everyone in Valley Forge, another historically significant local to the first American Revolution, the place where Washington's rag tag Army nearly dissolved, a few dedicated patriots stayed on and saved the cause. Will we do the same? I will!

BizmanUSA
11-02-2007, 01:11 PM
Pure Conjecture! Talk to my Lawyer! :eek:

Huh?

MsDoodahs
11-02-2007, 01:14 PM
Hi Everybody,
Was the Rally for the Mall or the Man?

Neither.

The Rally is for the MESSAGE.

:)

Ozwest
11-02-2007, 01:26 PM
:eek:

Huh?

Sorry Bizman, 4th Scotch and it's 4:25 am. in Oz. I mean well.

Ozwest
11-02-2007, 01:33 PM
Hi Everybody,
I would like to start by saying thank you to all those folks who have worked so hard to get this off the ground and promoted this! It is universally agreed that the Independence Mall location was the bomb, and I too was a bit disappointed when the venue was changed because of its historical significance.

Why was it changed? Because of money, well what isn't being said? I can only speculate to this, but if I was able to “twist an arm” to get someone to pay over priced cost and rates I would wait until them had some pretty good investments made into a plan/location so that it would be costly and severely damage their efforts if any changes to the plan/location are made. Now I've got them by the “short hairs” and can make demands that might be construed as extortion. Now the Campaign can not come out and make claims that they are being manipulated or extorted, all they can hope for is that if they make a stand on principle and do not give in, the support for the man and his message will not be so fickle and “fair weather” that we would jump ship. Was the Rally for the Mall or the Man? So, maybe something behind the scenes punched us in the face, did that knocked us out? Will we let their tactics beat us?

I've been to two “rallies” for Hillary and Barrack promoting Dr. Paul, and one thing I like to point out to the people waiting to see those other candidates is how they are charging them for access just like they do with the lobbyist and call it a “fund raiser.” Then I brag about how Dr. Paul speaks to the people for free (as it should be) and if you agree with his message then he asks for your support, and one way but not the only way, is a monetary donation. I have to smile when I see “Sematary” make statements that continue to support the rally despite the venue change. He gets it. I hope we all do! I look forward to meeting everyone in Valley Forge, another historically significant local to the first American Revolution, the place where Washington's rag tag Army nearly dissolved, a few dedicated patriots stayed on and saved the cause. Will we do the same? I will!

Thank you for your insight and effort. Nothing "fake" or contrived about Ron Paul is there? A few are keeping their powder dry.

BizmanUSA
11-02-2007, 02:10 PM
Speculating is the bad or worse part of this forum but accusations of "twist an arm" and "got them by the short hairs" is an unwarranted SLAM and qualifies you for Troll membership. :p

Yes it truly seems that this fiasco is all about money and while frugal is to be commended being penny (although many) wise and pound-foolish just does not pan out.

but Hey, who am I? (25+ year industry veteran)

BizmanUSA

Hi Everybody,
I would like to start by saying thank you . . .

Why was it changed? Because of money, well what isn't being said? I can only speculate to this, but if I was able to “twist an arm” to get someone to pay over priced cost and rates I would wait until them had some pretty good investments made into a plan/location so that it would be costly and severely damage their efforts if any changes to the plan/location are made. Now I've got them by the “short hairs” and can make demands that might be construed as extortion. Now the Campaign can not come out and make claims that they are being manipulated or extorted, . . .

I have to smile when I see “Sematary” make statements that continue to support the rally despite the venue change. He gets it. I hope we all do! I look forward to meeting everyone in Valley Forge, another historically significant local to the first American Revolution, the place where Washington's rag tag Army nearly dissolved, a few dedicated patriots stayed on and saved the cause. Will we do the same? I will!

mika813
11-02-2007, 02:17 PM
Hahahaha.....oh now I'm a troll......maybe a lurker....but if you don't agree just toss a "troll bomb"....haha..."unwarranted slam" To whom?

MsDoodahs
11-02-2007, 02:17 PM
Didn't come across as a troll to me.

thehittgirl
11-02-2007, 02:23 PM
Speculating is the bad or worse part of this forum but accusations of "twist an arm" and "got them by the short hairs" is an unwarranted SLAM and qualifies you for Troll membership. :p

Yes it truly seems that this fiasco is all about money and while frugal is to be commended being penny (although many) wise and pound-foolish just does not pan out.

but Hey, who am I? (25+ year industry veteran)

BizmanUSA

Yeah, speculation is got me in trouble. I should have known better.

mika813
11-02-2007, 02:29 PM
Thanks Ms Doodahs.....since you've been a member longer then I have you can call me a troll, but you understood the meaning of what I was trying to express...as for BizmanUSA you should look for me at the Valley Forge Rally....I'll be in a blue Wheelchair with my VFW hat on and a RP r3volution banner hanging on the back, I WILL be there, you might have seen me in Greenville SC in July........

BizmanUSA
11-02-2007, 04:16 PM
Thanks Ms Doodahs.....since you've been a member longer then I have you can call me a troll, but you understood the meaning of what I was trying to express...as for BizmanUSA you should look for me at the Valley Forge Rally....I'll be in a blue Wheelchair with my VFW hat on and a RP r3volution banner hanging on the back, I WILL be there, you might have seen me in Greenville SC in July........

Cool Beans! :cool:

BTW, I'm the person who was trying to convince the campaign that we need to provide for our veteran commrades and others that may have disabilities for the Inde Park site including to have sufficent number of ADA facilities.

Guess what mika813 - the ADA restroom units cost more than twice as much to provide for your comfort and the comfort of others with physical disabilities. Seeing that there would be probably more than the typical ratio as the event was scheduled for Veterans Day weekend I included a higher number of these units.

I know that was the reason for the high cost of the rally - the Porta-Johns!

There are many other items that need to included for this type of event (even if it was a minimal sized event) and I am sure if you would being willing to pay for the rental costs the campaign would graciously accept your donation and we can go on with the event as planned.

JIC, many of the same items would be needed for the VFCC site if/when the major overflow of RP supporters show up as the new location only holds approx. 2200.

The SLAM you made was to ME and I take my reputation very personal as you do yours.

BizmanUSA

tmg19103
11-02-2007, 04:27 PM
From a post I made on another thread:

BE AT VALLEY FORGE ON THE 10TH.

If George Washington and the Continental Army could spend one of the coldest winters in Philly there in make shift huts, we can get there.

If these Patriots could put up with the below, we can get there and bring their ghosts alive with a great rally for the same Liberty and Freedom they fought for - and which we have lost, yet can regain by giving Ron Paul and this rally our all.

"On June 19, 1778, six months after its arrival, the army marched away from Valley Forge in pursuit of the British who were moving toward New York. An ordeal had ended. The war would last for another five years, but for Washington, his men, and the nation to which they sought to give birth, a decisive victory had been won -- a victory not of weapons but of will".

Sounds pretty appropriate to me. We need a victory of our own WILL. We can do that by just BEING THERE.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valley_Forge

Tenbatsu
11-02-2007, 04:38 PM
I will be attending the rally, and I will be bringing four others with me.

mika813
11-02-2007, 05:42 PM

BTW, I'm the person who was trying to convince the campaign that we need to provide for our veteran commrades and others that may have disabilities for the Inde Park site including to have sufficent number of ADA facilities.

Guess what mika813 - the ADA restroom units cost more than twice as much to provide for your comfort and the comfort of others with physical disabilities. Seeing that there would be probably more than the typical ratio as the event was scheduled for Veterans Day weekend I included a higher number of these units.

There are many other items that need to included for this type of event (even if it was a minimal sized event) and I am sure if you would being willing to pay for the rental costs the campaign would graciously accept your donation and we can go on with the event as planned.

JIC, many of the same items would be needed for the VFCC site if/when the major overflow of RP supporters show up as the new location only holds approx. 2200.

The SLAM you made was to ME and I take my reputation very personal as you do yours.

BizmanUSA

Don't fight my battles, if I have an issue I can stick up for myself......did everybody get that it's because of the disabled people that they moved the Rally! They did it for my comfort........so when you see me you can shout insults and blame me or anyone else with a disability.

So it's my fault they moved the Rally? Because I use a wheelchair? Oh ok....gotcha....sure I would have chipped in since I can't donate to the Campaign again until the general election funds start getting collected.

So if there is an overflow at the VFCC site they'll have to rent porta-johns? Which they can't afford so only 2200 should go? Boy, now you sound like a Troll trying to keep attendance down, or at least telling the disabled not to show up since we are an added expense, vet or not.....hmmmmm.......F__k you very much

What slam? What did I say "to you?" Double the cost for the ADA porta-johns sounds like extortion, but unless you yourself are renting the porta-johns out to the event I don't see how it would be an insult to your reputation. But, to be clear, are you in fact a 25+ year industry veteran of the porta-john rental business?

BizmanUSA
11-02-2007, 06:18 PM
mika813,

Bet you love poking sticks at things

Sorry didn't realize that your disabilities included such extremely serious MENTAL set backs - are You NUTS or what?

I don't blame or try and fight any battles unless asked and . . . why am I or anyone trying to even explain anything to a person with a Forest Gump Sgt. Dan type attitude.

People are like a box of chocolates some more nutty than others. :rolleyes:

PLEASE get some Psychological help. ;)

The world does NOT hate you! :eek:

Don't fight my battles, if I have an issue I can stick up for myself......did everybody get that it's because of the disabled people that they moved the Rally! They did it for my comfort........so when you see me you can shout insults and blame me or anyone else with a disability.

So it's my fault they moved the Rally? Because I use a wheelchair? Oh ok....gotcha....sure I would have chipped in since I can't donate to the Campaign again until the general election funds start getting collected.

So if there is an overflow at the VFCC site they'll have to rent porta-johns? Which they can't afford so only 2200 should go? Boy, now you sound like a Troll trying to keep attendance down, or at least telling the disabled not to show up since we are an added expense, vet or not.....hmmmmm.......F__k you very much

What slam? What did I say "to you?" Double the cost for the ADA porta-johns sounds like extortion, but unless you yourself are renting the porta-johns out to the event I don't see how it would be an insult to your reputation. But, to be clear, are you in fact a 25+ year industry veteran of the porta-john rental business?

Bradley in DC
11-02-2007, 06:19 PM
I've had prior plans to go to a family function in Seattle, but if not, I would go to Philly.

My support for Dr. Paul is stronger than my disappointment with some actions or inactions of some members of his staff.

mika813
11-02-2007, 06:43 PM
mika813,

Bet you love poking sticks at things

Sorry didn't realize that your disabilities included such extremely serious MENTAL set backs - are You NUTS or what?

I don't blame or try and fight any battles unless asked and . . . why am I or anyone trying to even explain anything to a person with a Forest Gump Sgt. Dan type attitude.

People are like a box of chocolates some more nutty than others. :rolleyes:

PLEASE get some Psychological help. ;)

The world does NOT hate you! :eek:

Yup....you're a Troll.....always negative and then goes to petty insults.......but he sure loves the smilies.....you had us laughing though, and thanks for that!

I still want to know what "industry" you're in.

guntherg16
11-02-2007, 07:48 PM
Hi Everybody,

Why was it changed? Because of money, well what isn't being said? I can only speculate to this, but if I was able to “twist an arm” to get someone to pay over priced cost and rates I would wait until they had some pretty good investments made into a plan/location so that it would be costly and severely damage their efforts if any changes to the plan/location are made. Now I've got them by the “short hairs” and can make demands that might be construed as extortion. Now the Campaign can not come out and make claims that they are being manipulated or extorted, all they can hope for is that if they make a stand on principle and do not give in, the support for the man and his message will not be so fickle and “fair weather” that we would jump ship. Was the Rally for the Mall or the Man? So, maybe something behind the scenes punched us in the face, did that knock us out? Will we let their tactics beat us?

Well said.

LibertyEagle
11-02-2007, 11:28 PM

I am not EVEN believing that you said that. How very rude. :(