PDA

View Full Version : European Summit for Ron Paul Supporters

Fabio
11-02-2007, 05:17 AM
Ben from americansineuropeforronpaul.blogspot.com suggests a European Summit for Ron Paul supporters.
So far it has been suggested to make it in Strasbourg, France this December.

Anyone interested?

Cheerio

Fabio, Munich

a_european
11-02-2007, 05:20 AM
Hi Fabio!

I can't promise anything. But if someone would set a date and a place, i will try to get the time and money for it.

Fabio
11-02-2007, 06:42 AM
I suggest the 16th of December, anniversary of the Boston Tea Party.
I know of many many EU-laws I`d like to throw in the Rhine...

manny
11-02-2007, 11:50 AM
This sounds cool. Actually I live pretty close to Boston, Lincolnshire ;)

A friend and I have some time off early december and were thinking of getting a cheap flight to somewhere in Europe for a week or so... would be great if there were other RP fans around...

european
11-03-2007, 04:23 AM
i havent been in strasbourg yet so sounds like fun, i have to see if i can get off from work though, its a busy period for us in december.

DenisGermany
11-03-2007, 06:22 AM
Hey Fabio,

an all-over-Europe meeting would rock, but wouldnt it even be cooler if we got the good Doctor to give a speech?

So I'd say, lets rather do it sometime next year, when his time schedule is less tight plus it would give us some time to start a chip-in for the expenses.

Since we cant donate directly to the campaign, we'll prolly have to organize a paid speech delivery from Congressman Paul instead of having Presidential Candidate Paul rallying.

Or lets get him into a talk show and have the TV cover the travel cost, would be even better, but we'd need someone with really good connections into the media.

Probably this would be a way to cover the expenses w/o hitting the campaign wallet.

Servus,
Denis

greves
11-03-2007, 07:09 AM
I don't think expenses are so much the issue. He's flying around every day coast to coast, which isn't any less expensive than flying across the pond.

DenisGermany
11-03-2007, 07:26 AM
Hmm, if expenses arent that big a topic, lets think about location next.

If we go for Strasbourg, it might be a tad bit far away for the US military stationed around Frankfurt. I'd prefer a place somewhere in the triangle Frankfurt, Kaiserslautern, Nuremberg.

Plus Strasbourg is seat of EU parliament, I am not really sure if thats the right symbolism.

Fabio
11-03-2007, 03:58 PM
Let`s start this one and then we`ll see how big this grows.

Channing
11-05-2007, 04:25 PM
I would come.

a_european
11-06-2007, 12:57 PM
I'm also for 16th in Strasbourg. I'll be there.
Oh and Fabio, i just wanted to thank you. You seem to be the most active german-speaking supporter.

michaeldk
11-06-2007, 01:14 PM
In the other topic I suggested to have it in Brussels, because that would draw more attention with Brussels as the 'unofficial' EU capital; 'Europe for Ron Paul'. I'm biased of course, I'm from Belgium :-)

belgians4paul.blogspot.com

michaeldk
11-06-2007, 04:34 PM
A mailing list can be more effective than a forum, so please join;
http://groups.google.com/group/europeans4ronpaul