PDA

View Full Version : "Ron Paul's A Little Isolationist For Me But He Makes Sense On A Lot Of Things!"

PeacePlan
08-10-2011, 11:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrkTJa5vgsQ

LibertyEagle
08-10-2011, 11:26 PM
That didn't work out like Billy wanted. lol. Good for you, Miller.

UWDude
08-11-2011, 12:03 AM
As our foreign policy and economy fails, be prepared for former Neocons all over the place finding obscure ways to apologize and save face. *Sigh* It's like the head vampire is dying, or the zombie curse is lifting... ...kind of. I though when there was obvious widespread disdain for Bush, that the people had woken from their slumber. I was so wrong. It is still partisan at the core.

Koz
08-11-2011, 12:36 AM
oreilly is an ass

Romulus
08-11-2011, 07:20 AM
Pretty soon we are going to have people stand up for RP 100% without the little swipes here and there... Nice try Miller, but cut the minor insults at least.

Brett85
08-11-2011, 07:24 AM
Nice try Miller, but cut the minor insults at least.

I don't think Miller meant to insult him. He was just giving his honest opinion. Is he supposed to agree with Ron on every single issue? Do any of us agree with Ron on every single issue? It's not like media personalities shouldn't be allowed to even disagree with a position that Ron Paul has. He was simply saying that he doesn't agree with every aspect of Ron's foreign policy views. Miller's overall assessment of Ron was still very positive.

MikeStanart
08-11-2011, 07:42 AM
I honestly think his small remark towards Paul made his opinion more helpful at this point in time. Many of O'Reilly's viewers may feel the same way towards Paul, and knowing there's someone out there who likes Paul but is still skeptical at this point is good. If he simply preached RP all day and looked like a RP groupie, people might have been turned off.

LibertyEsq
08-11-2011, 07:47 AM
After seeing the full clip of this, I think it actually helped Paul more than it hurt him. O'Reilly is becoming powerless when he tries to marginalize us. Way to go, Miller

RM918
08-11-2011, 07:47 AM
Like I said in the other thread, it's pretty hard to get mad at either of these two over this considering that O'Reilly generally would refuse to even talk about Paul. He would even refuse to bring up his name once when prompted by the Judge, only calling him 'Mounds & Almond Joy'. The isolation thing is a standard meme, but at least Miller said 'a little'.

These are not the scathing hate-fests we are used to, these are not outright dismissing of ideas or calling something crazy and ignoring it. If this is the worst we have to deal with from the neocons, I say God please give us more. This is pretty goddamned fantastic considering where we were a year or two ago.

Romulus
08-11-2011, 07:53 AM
I don't think Miller meant to insult him. He was just giving his honest opinion. Is he supposed to agree with Ron on every single issue? Do any of us agree with Ron on every single issue? It's not like media personalities shouldn't be allowed to even disagree with a position that Ron Paul has. He was simply saying that he doesn't agree with every aspect of Ron's foreign policy views. Miller's overall assessment of Ron was still very positive.

Opinions are one thing, repeating falsehoods are another. It's ignorant. RP is not an isolationist in any sense of the term. Miller needs to get that straight at least. But I am glad he did at least stand up some for him.

Romulus
08-11-2011, 07:55 AM
After seeing the full clip of this, I think it actually helped Paul more than it hurt him. O'Reilly is becoming powerless when he tries to marginalize us. Way to go, Miller

Bill is quickly becoming an island. He can even marginalize RP on his own.. he has to group him with single digit candidates. Rove and is about his only ally anymore. Ha!

He's Foxes new $10million dollar shil paid to tow the Neocon line...

Badger Paul
08-11-2011, 07:56 AM
Too "isolationist" for the "Cursers"

trey4sports
08-11-2011, 07:58 AM

Agreed.

I don't think were ever going to be in a position where the media HELPS us win the nomination. If we can have a somewhat-neutral-towards-Ron-media-establishment then it wouldn't be such an UPHILL battle to win the nomination. I realize we're never going to be the candidate who has Hannity And Bill'O promote but that is ok. Just give us a fair shake though.

nobody's_hero
08-11-2011, 08:14 AM
I can't understand why O'Really is still on air.

Furthermore, I don't understand why "isolationism" is still uttered like it leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

"I don't screw with you, and you don't screw with me. Maybe we never talk again, but at least we aren't beating the snot out of each other continously."

RM918
08-11-2011, 08:24 AM
I can't understand why O'Really is still on air.

Furthermore, I don't understand why "isolationism" is still uttered like it leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

"I don't screw with you, and you don't screw with me. Maybe we never talk again, but at least we aren't beating the snot out of each other continously."

Because if the isolationists got their way, we'd never have personally slain the devil himself, Hitler.

I am being sarcastic.

Acala
08-11-2011, 08:33 AM
The folks who like to use "isolationist" as a slur should be very careful as public sentiment can hardly be described as gung ho for more war at this point. There may be a time, and sooner than guys like O'Reilly expect, at which being an isolationist becomes very popular.

Fredom101
08-11-2011, 09:11 AM
"A little isolationist" just means "I'd like to see more war." It's a silly position, when it's easy to see that RP isn't "isolationist" at all, and is in fact the opposite of isolationist when compared to his war-mongering counterparts in the GOP.

Guitarzan
08-11-2011, 09:26 AM
Rand is moving Dennis our way.

enjerth
08-11-2011, 09:35 AM
Miller has been a HUGE advocate of the war on terror. If Ron is anywhere CLOSE to winning over Miller, he's got a really good shot at taking the WH.

Jace
08-11-2011, 09:38 AM

erowe1
08-11-2011, 09:50 AM
Any American who wants to be more involved in influencing other governments can just do that. They don't need me to help pay for it for them.

IDefendThePlatform
08-11-2011, 10:03 AM
As someone pointed out, we don't have to totally win over the pro-war crowd to get their votes. My experience has been that its a tough sell to convince people that they were wrong to support a war, but its easier to say "So you're not crazy about his foreign policy, but you like Ron Paul's positions on the budget and the economy, right?"

georgiaboy
08-11-2011, 10:38 AM
chinks in the armor everywhere

dannno
08-11-2011, 10:52 AM
chinks in the armor everywhere

http://contents.kbs.co.kr/upfile/en/ec9ab525_SUNSHIN.jpg

:confused:

johnrocks
08-11-2011, 11:00 AM
Don't trust Miller, he was basically saying that he'd vote for a tree stump if it was the GOP nominee over Obama.

ravedown
08-11-2011, 11:42 AM
local radio dropped beck and added miller-and i like his show. but like others mentioned, he's pro-war on terror. remember, he's kinda new to the conservative scene and seems to be a very logical guy-so i imagine he's still in the development stage. the more he interviews ron and rand, the more he seems to be catching on to the liberty movement and i was kinda shocked by his RP endorsement on oreilly. think about it- so far-two people who oreilly seems to like and trust have come out in favor for RP on his show- dennis miller and stossel. i havent seen anyone openly endorse bachmann or romney yet. this is progress people.

angelatc
08-11-2011, 11:45 AM

I agree. One thing my husband pointed out is that there is a growing number of GOP voters who actually want us to become isolationist. That word isn't nearly as scary as it was last time out.

Krugerrand
08-11-2011, 11:48 AM
The funny thing is that I see Pat Buchanan as isolationist and Ron Paul as not. If anything, I catch myself with a soft spot for PB on some of those issues.

davidhperry
08-11-2011, 12:14 PM
I've talked to several people who have said that RP is an isolationist, but after talking to them and educating them, they usually admit that they were misinformed. Sometimes people honestly don't know that they're wrong, but just need to be educated.

I think Miller's comments were mostly positive, which I take as a win at this stage in the game. Just because someone didn't support RP in the past, don't mean they haven't changed their mind (or are in the process of changing their mind). We were just as clueless as they were, before we learned of RP (I was, anyway). Gotta remember that and remain optimistic. Still, plan for the worst. :)

UWDude
08-11-2011, 01:02 PM
http://contents.kbs.co.kr/upfile/en/ec9ab525_SUNSHIN.jpg

:confused:

http://www.allamericanblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/4a71f74b5ed32-150x134.gif