PDA

View Full Version : Search "Ron Paul" on Google News - What do you See?

Expatriate
08-10-2011, 08:37 PM
I've been doing this for a while, and lately, today in particular, I've been seeing almost entirely positive articles that I daresay give Ron Paul fair treatment, unlike what I've seen in the past.

I want to know what other people are seeing and what their interpretation of the media coverage this time around is. Since I'm in Canada I might be getting different Google results than Americans.

If what you are seeing is the same, don't you think this is the best time yet to be telling acquaintances to research Ron Paul on the web? :)

ScotTX
08-10-2011, 08:55 PM
It's all good! I especially like to see him going on the offensive against Perry.

KramerDSP
08-10-2011, 08:56 PM
Amazing, Amazing.....

amyre
08-10-2011, 09:11 PM
My husband has been saying the same thing the past couple of days. Very exciting.

TRIGRHAPPY
08-10-2011, 09:14 PM
Let me Google that for you.

http://news.lmgtfy.com/?q=Ron+Paul

kah13176
08-10-2011, 09:14 PM
I've been google-newsing Ron Paul daily for over a year. This isn't uncommon. Before you know it, negative hits will pop up, then a slew of positives and so forth.

Expatriate
08-10-2011, 09:40 PM
To those who said there were a couple nasty articles popping up, what were they? I'm curious as to whether Google is giving Americans much different coverage then what I get here, since I am seeing entirely positive articles on my end. I'm only looking at the front page, by the way.

RileyE104
08-10-2011, 09:51 PM
Someone take a screenshot for History... This is pure awesomeness. I didn't see a single bad article scrolling more than half way down the page. I didn't bother to check the very bottom, but for some reason I doubt I'd find anything bad.

RM918
08-10-2011, 09:53 PM
It's quiet. /Too/ quiet.

militant
08-10-2011, 10:57 PM
I've had "ron paul" as a Google News alert since 2007. Every single story that Google News picks up that even mentions his name gets shot over to my phone within minutes. I have *never* seen such consistently good, positive coverage as these last several weeks. I probably get 50-75 stories a day in my email and I don't think I've noticed a bad one in a few days, outside of leftist blogs and ABC's 'international retreat' article.

Agorism
08-10-2011, 11:13 PM
Google results are individually designed for the user though.

If You're searched lots of Paul articles in the past, it pre-picks the articles to show you (to please you or alternatively to control content)

militant
08-11-2011, 06:33 AM
Google News results aren't customized unless one specifies it. Mine is set to report *every* mention of Paul. And it's on a Google account that isn't used for anything else, and never has been.

Romulus
08-11-2011, 06:48 AM
Just this morning on that stupid Today show, the paraded the other candidates and no mention of Paul. They are blacking him out there..

kahless
08-11-2011, 06:50 AM
I think the MSM will allow positive reporting of Ron Paul up until he is the front-runner since they think he cannot beat Obama and worry more about Romney or Perry. If Ron wins the Republican nomination I expect the MSM and Google News to be dominated by outright lies concerning his positions and playing the race card against him.

It is going to be an up hill battle since even if he wins the nomination I expect the Keynesian hosts at Foxnews will try to sabotage Ron by promoting 3rd party players like Trump to run against him to ensure an Obama win.