PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Spreading Same Message As Always, Resonating Finally (GREAT Article)

KramerDSP
08-10-2011, 07:57 PM
I just came across an article on tampabay.com by Alex Leary, entitled "Ron Paul spreading same message as always, resonating finally (http://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/national/ron-paul-spreading-same-message-as-always-resonating-finally/1185328)".

Here's how it starts off:

Ron Paul cast it as "a fight that could literally change our country" and laid out a plan: Return to the gold standard, end U.S. military interventions overseas, demolish the Federal Reserve and no more bailouts.

"Overwhelmingly, people said they wanted a man of principle in Washington," his campaign manifesto reads. "They said they want someone who was really against budget deficits, big spending and high taxes, not someone who says one thing and does another."

The fundraising letter could have arrived yesterday.

But it was written in 1984.

sailingaway
08-10-2011, 07:59 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?307699-Ron-Paul-spreading-same-message-as-always-resonating-finally

RM918
08-10-2011, 08:10 PM
I'm worried things are going a little TOO smoothly. The polls, the relatively respectful coverage by the media (It was pretty damn bad in '07-'08.). My cynicism is telling me there's a major torpedo project in the works near or during the debate.

robertwerden
08-10-2011, 08:11 PM
I sent the author a thank you email

eduardo89
08-10-2011, 09:26 PM
That was a really good article. Everyone should read it. Does the author have twitter? Would be good to link the article and send him a thank you note

samforpaul
08-10-2011, 09:34 PM
Thanks, Kramer. I liked the article as well.

IMO this would be a good article to email to any Iowans we know esp. those living in the Ames area.

KEEF
08-10-2011, 09:39 PM
Drudge Report it.

Fetou
08-10-2011, 10:37 PM
The heroin line is like jumping into cold water on the issue. It would be nice if media outlets didn't sensationalize and cared about giving some kind of basis for such an against-the-grain statement which isn't semantically accurate.

LibertyEagle
08-10-2011, 10:51 PM
The heroin line is like jumping into cold water on the issue. It would be nice if media outlets didn't sensationalize and cared about giving some kind of basis for such an against-the-grain statement which isn't semantically accurate.

Ron Paul needs to frame it differently.

sailingaway
08-10-2011, 11:36 PM
Ron Paul needs to frame it differently.

He most assuredly did not frame it like that.

NewRightLibertarian
08-10-2011, 11:47 PM
He most assuredly did not frame it like that.

Our candidate does not mince words. He would legalize all drugs, and that is the most logical position.