PDA

View Full Version : 5 Reasons the Coming American Riots Will Be the Worst in the World

AuH20
08-10-2011, 07:40 PM
Very truthful article. This country deserves to go down and go down hard. Let me reiterate that the people here deserve better than this however.

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/5-reasons-why-american-riots-will-be-the-worst-in-the-world_08102011

ROFL

When the dollar collapses, we not only have to worry about the 7 to 10 day supply of food and fuel in the system, we really need to worry about the 1 in 10 Americans who are not going to be medicated while their world paradigm collapses. I can see it now, humanitarian airlifts dropping Zoloft and Lexapro from the sky…

Original_Intent
08-10-2011, 07:58 PM
Thanks, that was powerful stuff. I think he has got a pretty good picture of what is coming.

headhawg7
08-10-2011, 08:10 PM
I just keep thinking about the MOBS of shoppers on black friday stampeding people to death to buy those cheap TV's and toasters that go on sale at midnight.

DamianTV
08-10-2011, 08:14 PM
The Brits have a lot fewer guns. When / If we riot, those that riot, regardless of their intent (either protest or looting), will probably be bringing their guns.

YumYum
08-10-2011, 08:21 PM
What is truly sad is that Ron Paul is inheriting this mess if he wins the presidency. The Hopi Indians prophesied over a hundred years ago that the U.S. government will slaughter millions of its own citizens. Not one Hopi prophecy has failed to come true.

When violence breaks out, and Americans are killing each other, and killing law enforcement officers, it will be the president who will have to call out the National Guard to suppress the violence. Americans are armed to the teeth, and if they haven't got anymore nut meds to keep them leveled out, there will be a blood bath of horrible proportions we can't really comprehend, as we sit behind our computers in the comfort of our homes.

We know Ron Paul as a loving father/grandfather, and honest man who is considerate and kind, and who is principled. Can anybody on this forum really picture him sending out troops to stand up to protesters and rioters, which could end up costing the lives of thousands of Americans? I feel sorry for him for what he will have to deal with when he becomes president. While he is by far the most qualified to be president out of all the candidates, his job will be to enforce the law, and that will mean calling out the troops if necessary. That could mean a lot of civilians slaughtered.

Many here are furious with our government, and you will become more furious if Ron wins and Congress doesn't work with him to save this country from collapse. Remember, one of those protesters, or one of those innocent bystanders who will get shot in the crossfire, could be you.

Icymudpuppy
08-10-2011, 08:23 PM
Place in boondocks, well off beaten path... check.
Ample supply of guns/ammo... Check
Ample supply of game, fish, and wild edible plants and fungi... Check
Garden, Chickens, Hogs, Dairy goat... Check
Plenty of tools that don't need fuel... Check
Diesel tractor that runs on waste oil... Check
Generator powered by said tractor... Check
Farm and Garden implements powered by tractor... Check
5 year supply of fuel for said tractor... Check.
Knowledge and materials to make any needed repairs to said tractor... Check.
Solar wind and hydro backup power... Check

Bring it on.

headhawg7
08-10-2011, 08:27 PM
The Brits have a lot fewer guns. When / If we riot, those that riot, regardless of their intent (either protest or looting), will probably be bringing their guns.

A couple nights ago when I was watching the riots that is the first thing I thought of.

AuH20
08-10-2011, 08:31 PM
We're all going to find out firsthand why Thomas Jefferson despised cities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypLu49pq3bI

Dark_Horse_Rider
08-10-2011, 08:31 PM
What is truly sad is that Ron Paul is inheriting this mess if he wins the presidency. The Hopi Indians prophesied over a hundred years ago that the U.S. government will slaughter millions of its own citizens. Not one Hopi prophecy has failed to come true.

When violence breaks out, and Americans are killing each other, and killing law enforcement officers, it will be the president who will have to call out the National Guard to suppress the violence. Americans are armed to the teeth, and if they haven't got anymore nut meds to keep them leveled out, there will be a blood bath of horrible proportions we can't really comprehend, as we sit behind our computers in the comfort of our homes.

We know Ron Paul as a loving father/grandfather, and honest man who is considerate and kind, and who is principled. Can anybody on this forum really picture him sending out troops to stand up to protesters and rioters, which could end up costing the lives of thousands of Americans? I feel sorry for him for what he will have to deal with when he becomes president. While he is by far the most qualified to be president out of all the candidates, his job will be to enforce the law, and that will mean calling out the troops if necessary. That could mean a lot of civilians slaughtered.

Many here are furious with our government, and you will become more furious if Ron wins and Congress doesn't work with him to save this country from collapse. Remember, one of those protesters, or one of those innocent bystanders who will get shot in the crossfire, could be you.

Can't imagine Ron ever doing what you suggest.

Regarding Hopi prophecy, everything has changed since 1901.

Much that would have happened, will not happen and much that wouldn't happen, will happen.

AGRP
08-10-2011, 08:32 PM
We have a large percentage of "patriots" who have been brainwashed that you're a commie and unamerican if you criticize authority. Look for them to cheer on Martial Law.

I cant share this on Facebook. Anyone else having a problem?

Gumba of Liberty
08-10-2011, 08:33 PM
so will the police

PeacePlan
08-10-2011, 08:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLMrL57sGhM

AuH20
"Material abundance without character is the path to destruction."

That is so poetic.

cucucachu0000
The thing is when thoose riots here those people protecting the property and stores are gonna be armed with more than sticks themselves. it won't be quite so easy to burn down buildings here.

YumYum
08-10-2011, 08:37 PM
Can't imagine Ron ever doing what you suggest.

Regarding Hopi prophecy, everything has changed since 1901.

Much that would have happened, will not happen and much that wouldn't happen, will happen.

I can't either, but if he is president, it is he, and he alone, that has to squelch any uprisings that are on a National level. What do you see him doing in the event of civil disobedience and violence as the article in the OP predicted? Do you think he is just going to sit back and watch?

AuH20
08-10-2011, 08:37 PM
The thing is when thoose riots here those people protecting the property and stores are gonna be armed with more than sticks themselves. it won't be quite so easy to burn down buildings here.

But the real problem is virulently anti-gun cities like Boston and New York. They're going to burn once the police are overwhelmed.

Dark_Horse_Rider
08-10-2011, 08:38 PM
I can't either, but if he is president, it is he, and he alone, that has to squelch any uprisings that are on a National level. What do you see him doing in the event of civil disobedience and violence as the article in the OP predicted? Do you think he is just going to sit back and watch?

Let's see what happens.

YumYum
08-10-2011, 08:38 PM
But the real problem is virulently anti-gun cities like Boston and New York. They're going to burn once the police are overwhelmed.

And you don't mind Ron being president through all this madness when it happens?

YumYum
08-10-2011, 09:02 PM
In any case, it was a good article, and while some may think it is a bit of a stretch, it is a very realistic, but frightening scenario. Hopefully, it won't come to what was in that article.

Kylie
08-10-2011, 09:05 PM

Bring it on.

Dude, I'm coming to your house.

Don't shoot me meng!!!

:D

Pauls' Revere
08-10-2011, 09:59 PM

Bring it on.

Medicine, clothing, and knowledge of first aid?

Icymudpuppy
08-10-2011, 10:01 PM
Medicine, clothing, and knowledge of first aid?

Yes. I'm combat lifesaver qualified, Dad is EMT firefighter, Uncle is General practice doctor.

But to be honest, I'm not really concerned about that. I don't expect to have any violence trouble. It's an hour drive at 70mph to the nearest big city, and by the time people get that desperate, they won't have the fuel to get to me anyway.

My family is notoriously long-lived, and injury resistant. I feel for my friends who have clumsy accident prone families. I don't envy them though. I just don't get how some people don't learn how not to injure themselves. I fell out of a barn once as a toddler when I was still soft enough to bounce, and learned that falling isn't fun, and I haven't fallen since, and I work on ladders every day. My kids are the same way. They are careful, and do a common sense check before engaging in stupid activities. I know some people that have an injurious fall monthly. Are they really that stupid/clumsy. I don't get it.

amonasro
08-10-2011, 10:27 PM
I feel for my friends who have clumsy accident prone families. I don't envy them though. I just don't get how some people don't learn how not to injure themselves. I fell out of a barn once as a toddler when I was still soft enough to bounce, and learned that falling isn't fun, and I haven't fallen since, and I work on ladders every day. My kids are the same way. They are careful, and do a common sense check before engaging in stupid activities. I know some people that have an injurious fall monthly. Are they really that stupid/clumsy. I don't get it.

I know. And some people are emotionally clumsy as well. I knew a girl who was always in trouble. She was either always sick, late, hurt, in debt, had boyfriend troubles, got fired, or something dramatic was happening in her life that prevented her from succeeding as a normal human being. At first I thought she was just unlucky, but the more I got to know her I realized that she just made terrible decisions and wasn't all that bright. Maybe that has something to do with people falling off ladders :)

TCE
08-10-2011, 10:29 PM
There should not be anyone on this forum who is involved in any rioting, period. All of us will have seen this coming years ahead of time and will have had ample time to prepare. Let everyone else do the rioting. Plan for the absolute worst case scenario:

* No water as the public employees will have walked off the job.
* No electricity.
* No available food because the shelves are empty everywhere.
* Riots within five miles.

Prepare at least for those things and you should be fine. For all we know, it could be much more peaceful than advertised and the government simply collapses, but knowing the general mental state of the country, I expect a fair amount of violence.

idirtify
08-10-2011, 10:33 PM

Nice thought but probably unlikely. Think about it. Police will prevent armed defense and shoot those defending their property.

idirtify
08-10-2011, 10:37 PM

Bring it on.

You missed a major one:

Enough adults on the property to maintain round the clock guard duty (probably at least 5).

Unless you are totally confident no hostility will come by – or unless you can go without sleep.

Marenco
08-10-2011, 10:56 PM
We're all going to find out firsthand why Thomas Jefferson despised cities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypLu49pq3bI

That was good. Frank Lloyd Wright did as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1WMmMzxHkM&feature=channel_video_title

Philhelm
08-10-2011, 11:14 PM
I'd be inclined to create a thread in which we can try to assemble into a community. As a previous poster said, none of us should be involved in rioting, so we need people we can trust on some level. Who better than Ron Paul zealots?

NewRightLibertarian
08-10-2011, 11:23 PM
I cant share this on Facebook. Anyone else having a problem?

I could share it, but I have had problem sharing crucial information over facebook in the past. I do not believe it to be some freak occurrence. The feds with their printing press that shits money have allocated a large amount of their resources to message control. They are working overtime to infiltrate communities and block messages.

Koz
08-11-2011, 12:44 AM
I need to get some more ammo.

Bordillo
08-11-2011, 01:02 AM
national guard lovings shooting americans

DamianTV
08-11-2011, 01:51 AM
national guard lovings shooting americans

I dont think any member of ANY Armed Force anywhere in the world enjoys shooting to kill their fellow countrymen. There is a big difference between shooting a Terrorist, a Thief, and Your Own Neighbor.

Icymudpuppy
08-11-2011, 07:04 AM
You missed a major one:

Enough adults on the property to maintain round the clock guard duty (probably at least 5).

Unless you are totally confident no hostility will come by – or unless you can go without sleep.

Did you see my second post?

noxagol
08-11-2011, 07:26 AM
I dont think any member of ANY Armed Force anywhere in the world enjoys shooting to kill their fellow countrymen. There is a big difference between shooting a Terrorist, a Thief, and Your Own Neighbor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_State_shootings

brushfire
08-11-2011, 07:34 AM

The SWAT incidents suggest otherwise...

Also, as for guns, the good guys have them too... Property owners, who have guns, might have a fair chance at defending them selves. There are many Katrina stories that can paint a fair picture on what to expect.

Romulus
08-11-2011, 07:35 AM

Bring it on.

Can I come stay at your pad?

Icymudpuppy
08-11-2011, 07:49 AM
Dude, I'm coming to your house.

Don't shoot me meng!!!

:D

Can I come stay at your pad?

To both of you...
What useful skills do you have?

The One
08-11-2011, 08:19 AM
To both of you...

Nunchuck skills, bowhunting skills, computer hacking skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

carmaphob
08-11-2011, 08:45 AM
Can I come too?

Jesubub
08-11-2011, 09:05 AM

Bring it on.

Oh, they will. And after broadcasting your capabilities, you'll be first. ;)

YumYum
08-11-2011, 09:17 AM

Good point.

"Don't let your right hand know what your left hand is doing, or you will end up in a FEMA camp." --Jesus

Original_Intent
08-11-2011, 09:19 AM

Highly doubtful. If I were an amoral scavenger, I would go after those with food but relatively undefended. Yeah, eventually someone might decide to "bring it on", but would someone like this truly be first on anyone's list? No.

Inner cities and population centers are going to implode fighting over meager resources. I expect smaller communities with some resources are going to unite to keep outsiders out. I expect really remote, prepared people are going to be a) hard to find. b) relatively capable of defending themselves, c) a few bodies prominently displayed of "the last guys that tried" can disincentivise all but the truly desperate - and in such surroundings (game, fish, forage) they are more likely to try to survive off the land themselves than try to go after someone bunkered in.

Romulus
08-11-2011, 09:20 AM
To both of you...

I can skin a buck and run a trot line...

YumYum
08-11-2011, 09:28 AM
Highly doubtful. If I were an amoral scavenger, I would go after those with food but relatively undefended. Yeah, eventually someone might decide to "bring it on", but would someone like this truly be first on anyone's list? No.

Inner cities and population centers are going to implode fighting over meager resources. I expect smaller communities with some resources are going to unite to keep outsiders out. I expect really remote, prepared people are going to be a) hard to find. b) relatively capable of defending themselves, c) a few bodies prominently displayed of "the last guys that tried" can disincentivise all but the truly desperate - and in such surroundings (game, fish, forage) they are more likely to try to survive off the land themselves than try to go after someone bunkered in.

I live in the rurals and it is crawling with meth addicts. When they need a fix, they take what they want. Meth addicts are better armed than most citizens.

idirtify
08-11-2011, 09:50 AM
There is some very surprising good news mixed with some bad news that I had predicted in post 25. The community tried to come together and fight the looters. Lot’s of the methods used were effective, except when the police started aiming at them and treating them like looters. Today, another official had to publicly plead with the police to stop treating the vigilantes like looters.

osan
08-11-2011, 10:03 AM
Very truthful article. This country deserves to go down and go down hard. Let me reiterate that the people here deserve better than this however.

There's the rub. The good get sucked into the maelstrom along with the dregs. This is why complacency is such poison. Having the right standards and the willingness, nay the drive to live by them come what may, that is what is needed in order to become and remain free.

Humanity is largely doomed, or so it appears.

oyarde
08-11-2011, 10:44 AM

Bring it on.

Nice

oyarde
08-11-2011, 10:52 AM
I need to get some more ammo.

Yeah , me too , been doing it though .

DamianTV
08-11-2011, 12:24 PM
One of the big points I need to make is that you can not be sure of the other persons intentions in any Riot. They could be protesting, but they could be out just as a way to take out their anger and frustration out on someone. Half of these people probably dont have a clue why the economy crashed and will blame the first person with more than them which they can find, and that could be you.

Dont be a part of any Riots. You may not come out alive.

virgil47
08-11-2011, 12:26 PM

And that would be a loss?

libertyjam
08-11-2011, 12:30 PM
Why Any future American riots won't be the worst in the world.
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=1968+riots&aq=f

virgil47
08-11-2011, 12:32 PM
The SWAT incidents suggest otherwise...

Also, as for guns, the good guys have them too... Property owners, who have guns, might have a fair chance at defending them selves. There are many Katrina stories that can paint a fair picture on what to expect.

The Katrina stories only exist for one reason...the home owners chose not to fight back!

DamianTV
08-11-2011, 12:36 PM
That tends to happen when the other guys have more guns than you (they, the Katrina survivors) do.

virgil47
08-11-2011, 12:41 PM
I live in the rurals and it is crawling with meth addicts. When they need a fix, they take what they want. Meth addicts are better armed than most citizens.

These meth addicts only continue to exist because it is illegal to kill them. When the crap hits the fan they will be the first to go.

Icymudpuppy
08-11-2011, 04:38 PM
Nunchuck skills, bowhunting skills, computer hacking skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Nunchuck... Hmm, can use a hand flail for chaffing grain. Got it...
Bowhunting. Good. Can you fletch arrows or make a bow from native wood?
computer hacking. Not really useful at this place. We don't have any internet out there.
Girlfriend skills... Ha ha. Bertha and Mable will love you. Just roll them in flour.

Can I come too?

Whatcha got?

What's with you guys... No metal fabrication, leatherworking/saddlery, finish carpentry? These are useful craft skills. Skinning is easy.

idirtify
08-11-2011, 06:30 PM
I wonder what will happen to farmers who have bins full of corn and soybeans and wheat, and barns full of cows and milk.

heavenlyboy34
08-11-2011, 06:32 PM
What's with you guys... No metal fabrication, leatherworking/saddlery, finish carpentry? These are useful craft skills. Skinning is easy.

I know all the major welding processes and oxy-acetalyne cutting, but I'm out of practice by a decade or so.

LibForestPaul
08-11-2011, 06:41 PM

From cops that I know:
1. Hate the city politics.
2. Hate the diverse new recruits coming in (thugs)
3. Already state that in a riot, they have no intentions of standing their ground "too many NYr's with concealed guns"

So what will be left is thugs with badges and guns, thugs w/o badges and guns, store owners with guns, and retired officers with guns. Should be interesting to say the least.
Notice, I did not state who will be doing the rioting and looting, who will be shooting at whom, an who will be finding a way out.

carmaphob
08-11-2011, 06:47 PM
Whatcha got?
Plumbing, gardening, hunting...

Paulatized
08-11-2011, 06:56 PM

Didn't know you live down the road from me.;)

Quote Originally Posted by Romulus
Makes me glad I married a man who also has those skills.:)

Seriously, I worry about what we will be facing in the future a lot. :(

oyarde
08-12-2011, 10:16 AM
I wonder what will happen to farmers who have bins full of corn and soybeans and wheat, and barns full of cows and milk.

Well most people think food comes from a window in the drive through , so the grain may be safe , cows are probably at risk :)

Mr. Smith
08-12-2011, 10:23 AM
I don't know.. There is a disconnect between taco meat, hamburgers, and cows.

I saw something on TV where inner city kids were asked to identify cows and chickens. The kids had no idea.

oyarde
08-12-2011, 10:29 AM
I don't know.. There is a disconnect between taco meat, hamburgers, and cows.

I saw something on TV where inner city kids were asked to identify cows and chickens. The kids had no idea.

I believe it , they asked the wrong questions . I bet they can identify food stamps , mac & cheese etc :)

Anti Federalist
08-12-2011, 12:43 PM

Yeah, I got those skills: can cut, weld and fabricate. Not pretty, but strong.

I, like Pete, am not a "parts changer" under the hood, but can keep junk running.

Medical skills, got some of them.

Danke
08-12-2011, 12:53 PM
To both of you...

I have a kegerator!

Two actually.

economics102
08-12-2011, 01:19 PM
Ron Paul should speak more vividly about sanctions being an act of war. Bring up how our sanctions of Iraq in the 90s led to hundreds of thousands of deaths. People need to realize this, and then they'll understand why Ron says that sanctions are a precursor to war.

When you just talk about "sanctions" and don't get specific about the impacts, people don't connect the dots in their head and see the bigger picture.

YumYum
08-12-2011, 02:11 PM
I have a kegerator!

Two actually.

Do they like to go to the movies? Roller skating?

Revolution9
08-12-2011, 02:24 PM
Nunchuck... Hmm, can use a hand flail for chaffing grain. Got it...
Bowhunting. Good. Can you fletch arrows or make a bow from native wood?
computer hacking. Not really useful at this place. We don't have any internet out there.
Girlfriend skills... Ha ha. Bertha and Mable will love you. Just roll them in flour.

Whatcha got?

Leatherworking. Saddles, holsters, clothes.
Metalworking. There is nothing I cannot fabricate in any metal.
Wood. Not a problem.
Electronics. Know some, can take a radio apart and put back together. Can build a railgun with 2000FPS muzzle velocity. Familiar with circuit diagrams and electronic parts. Could be a better solderer.
Medical. Battlefield medicine and physiotherapy tech trained.
Weapons. Familiar with a number of weapons. Rifles, pistols, knife offense and defense, staff, martial arts and wrestling savvy, swordsmanship, archery.
McGyver rigging. Whatcha need and what we got around these here parts.
Cooking and dressing and foraging. Top notch cook over fire or in kitchen. Lots of deer, turkey, grouse, trout, walleye, bass around here. Many small beef herds too. Woods full of fungi, nuts and berries. Know hide tanning, meat smoking/salting, veggie and fruit canning.
Entertainment. Musician and songwriter/performer. Writing. Campfire mythos and stories.
Physical. 54 and still have lots of stamina. Wear my younger friends asses out. Can still take on a youngster in wind sprints. If something needs doing I will get it done.
Tactics. Whatcha gonna bring on. I will bet I can outflank or take it out head on. I hold the defensive position that is hard to breach.
Maps, directional markings. Knowledge to find true north and mark it if poles shift and track new solstice and equinoctial points.
Gardening. Not a green thumb guy. Will try in spring.

Best Regards
Rev9

squarepusher
08-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Yeah, I got those skills: can cut, weld and fabricate. Not pretty, but strong.

I, like Pete, am not a "parts changer" under the hood, but can keep junk running.

Medical skills, got some of them.

I can do Blacksmithing, Leatherworking, Tailoring, Skinning, Mining and Herbing ...

in The World Of Warcraft along with Alchemy, Jewelcrafting, and Enchanting :D