PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Candidates LOGO and Book Cover Contest

GigiBowman
08-10-2011, 12:09 PM
Unfortunately this person with a very large ego who doesn't realize that he cost us "time" and "money" because of his temperamental ego --someone who was given the instruction and the link to the source of what was happening and who still said ok....knowing we were pushing the button to "print" has ruined this post, our book, our intention to help Liberty Candidates and ruined it for other's as well by having a hissyfit on what we are doing in order to move on.

We are all artist. Nothing gives you the right to have what you do be more important than anyone else. We were fair and you were "tempermental" knowing we were under the gun. Acting as if you did not have all the information --when you did.

And we will move on without you.....

go moan somewhere else. Life is too short for this sort of bullshit.

sunny
08-10-2011, 04:04 PM
Bump for Gigi!

Revolution9
08-10-2011, 04:48 PM
//

GigiBowman
08-10-2011, 05:59 PM
actually you did, then changed your mind the next day --which is why we are having a logo and book cover contest.

IndianaPolitico
08-10-2011, 06:05 PM
I do not authorize my artwork being on the cover of this book in this posting. Please remove it immediately.

Rev9
So, you don't want your art on a book with a forward by Tom Woods?

dusman
08-10-2011, 06:12 PM
In this case, I would respect the artist's wishes, as it's his decision to make. It seems as an honest oversight, but this is an important principle to keep when dealing with other's artwork.

Just a friendly suggestion. ;)

Sally_Oh
08-10-2011, 06:22 PM
In this case, I would respect the artist's wishes, as it's his decision to make. It seems as an honest oversight, but this is an important principle to keep when dealing with other's artwork.

Of course, we will. Which is why we are having the contest!

Revolution9
08-10-2011, 08:44 PM
//

GigiBowman
08-10-2011, 08:50 PM
Randy, she did send you the precise measurements in an email...which you evidentily never paid attention to. The only one who brought all of this out into the open was you. We are simply holding a contest.

We didn't breach anything. You did.

We are still ecstatic about the design but you withdrew. Check your email from yesterday. All this drama on your part was over nothing.

Your picture is out. Move on.

dusman
08-10-2011, 10:25 PM
Randy, she did send you the precise measurements in an email...which you evidentily never paid attention to. The only one who brought all of this out into the open was you. We are simply holding a contest.

We didn't breach anything. You did.

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, because you took his image down; however, now I'm rather offended as a professional designer by your response to Revolution9.

There are legalities when handling other people's artwork, especially when there is intended commercial-use involved. It doesn't matter whether it's free or paid for, you have a responsibility to not use his work in any manner, until it's released for your use. This also means you can't even take concepts from an artist and make derivatives yourself or hire another designer to continue off of that work. Simply put, whatever a designer/artist provides must remain as is and in most working arrangements, the work can't even be revealed to anyone outside of the non-disclosure agreement.

This is a simple etiquette that most artists will expect that you already understand, before taking on such a responsibility. The point is, someone might have continued to use that graphic in their concepts and if he wasn't around to catch it, well that's a bad situation for everyone.

Contests like these should always be carefully scrutinized and it should be conducted in a manner to protect people's artwork. Everyone viewing those entries should also know that they can't be used freely, until released for that use.

Unfortunately, it was made public by posting the work, so I feel it necessary to clarify the issue with that. I know it was an honest mistake, but you really should not pass the blame back on him. I would have done the exact same thing and in fact just did last week, because there was violations of iStock's copyrights happening around here by using ad submissions on other sites like Facebook and such.

I'm hesitant to spend any time on a submission until there is an acknowledgement on the mistake. Otherwise, I'm not touching this myself.

[/B]]You do not arbitrarily abscond with a professional artist's artwork and do with it what you will and toss it in a mish mashand expect not to get your wrist slapped.

Seasoned I see. ;)

GigiBowman
08-11-2011, 12:28 AM
We have taken it down. The end. I have emails saying "you can use it" then emails saying "you can not". This, is not professional.

Revolution9
08-11-2011, 06:31 AM
We have taken it down. The end. I have emails saying "you can use it" then emails saying "you can not". This, is not professional.

I warned you in email not to continue this on RPF or I would raise hell.

How dare you call me unprofessional. You were warned hours prior to not use the artwork in the template and yet like some smarmy backhanded insulter you put the template and MY artwork up here. You KNEW that was a slap in my face. You knew you could have emailed me exact dimensions ( not the formula from their website as that was followed and the publisher said it was too small, as well as using their PHP generated template for placement of elements on the cover I submitted) and I would have had the revision to you in five frakking minutes, but you chose this route, while I sat for hours at the computer awaiting precise dimensions so I could be on top of your deadline.. This is the mark of an amateur with no experience in the business and you have the unmitigated gall to say such about me on this public forum.Well..you made your bed..now lie in it. I doubt that real artists will wish to work with you since you are dealing with me in such a manner. That particular piece is a signed and numbered series many paid cash for in 07-08 and the artist proofs are in the hands of Ron and Rand Paul. How disrespectful of you. Adam Kohesh, Tom Woods..take note. Rand..take note as well. Say hi to Ike Hall for me.

Rev9

GigiBowman
08-11-2011, 10:11 AM
Remember, this is for Liberty Candidates. It's a vehicle for them to get funds as we all well know, Liberty is BROKE! And it's so hard for these guys to get donations.

Help Liberty Candidates by Helping us!

Sally O'Boyle and I have run this organization for two years without a making cent. In fact, it cost us money to run it. We do it because we care about this country.

Unfortunately we can't afford much...but we have garnered the respect of Liberty Candidates all over the country! We had 235 Liberty Candidates in 2010 and 12 won their seats. We expect to double that for 2012. Our committee are a dedicated group that donate their time to vet these candidates --no one is paying them to care! We had wonderful people whom we all KNOW give their lives for Liberty and Freedom who helped with this book like Adam Kokesh and Tom Woods and Michael Maresco and Wes Benedict. AND we have the most amazing Liberty Candidates who never give up against all odds!

Please help us by passing along this contest. It's the only way we can figure out how to get a logo because neither of us are artist. And as you can see, the artist we had bailed on us and made it all about him. That's not what this is about. We all do what we can to get the job done in the Ron Paul rEVOLution. Unfortunately sometimes egos get in the way.

If you submit the winning logo you will also be a part of this wonderful book which will inspire many more rEVOLutionaries to run for office!!

Thank you!
Gigi Bowman
President www.liberty-candidates.org