PDA

View Full Version : New Flyers: Ron Paul is the only Conservative that can beat Obama.

justinpagewood
08-09-2011, 10:39 PM
After getting everyone's great feedback on this forum, I finally have these cards for sale. Buying in 500s and 1000s is most affordable. Shipping is free.

You can get them at flyers.ronpauldesigns.com (flyers.ronpauldesigns.com/#red)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-nBUs8XrUKk8/Tj3c3XaSxyI/AAAAAAAAA_Q/d1bfNTy05_Q/s1600/red-concept.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-tc7S8zpC0kc/Tj3doXVvZrI/AAAAAAAAA_g/oZKEylO4FZg/s1600/red-large.png

sailingaway
08-09-2011, 10:40 PM
I think those are spectacular.

pauliticalfan
08-09-2011, 11:01 PM
Absolutely spectacular, but "succeess" is misspelled.

Still, I hope someone buys a whole bunch of these for Ames.

Gary W Trott
08-09-2011, 11:25 PM
Those are very nice.

thehighwaymanq
08-09-2011, 11:32 PM
Justin you are the bomb!

Agorism
08-09-2011, 11:49 PM
success

I also don't like the use of "he's" for both "he has" and "he is" since I tend to be formal but minor point.

There are a couple other minor changes I'd tweak as well.

Honestly I'm a grammar nazi so if anyone wants to PM me anything to check, I love to grammar nazi stuff.

Thomas
08-09-2011, 11:53 PM
the campaign should be buying these from you

pauliticalfan
08-10-2011, 12:12 AM
Grammar nazi over here as well. Technically conservative shouldn't be capitalized, but if you're going to for effect and emphasis, be consistent throughout (it's not in the last line).

amonasro
08-10-2011, 12:16 AM
These look very professional. Thumbs up! I hope you're able to fix that misspelling. And for the capitalization, I just found this (http://writing2.richmond.edu/writing/wweb/capital.html):

Political Parties: Capitalize the name of a political party and the word "party." Use lower case for a general political philosophy.
ex.: Democrat, Republican, German Social Democratic Party. Fred's parents were staunch Republicans; at their urging he joined the Party.

Article V
08-10-2011, 02:21 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-tc7S8zpC0kc/Tj3doXVvZrI/AAAAAAAAA_g/oZKEylO4FZg/s1600/red-large.pngBrilliant idea! This could help us a lot!!!

I do have some issues with the wording on the back of the card (particularly all the negatives, which I believe have a cumulative subliminal affect on the human psyche). Perhaps, rather than list a bunch of negatives ("never", "never", "never"), we could educate people through positives. Here's my suggestion:

TAKING BACK
THE WHITE HOUSE
A conservative victory in 2012 demands broad support from all across America. Only one GOP conservative appeals to Republicans, Democrats, and Independents alike. Congressman Ron Paul is the candidate who will beat Obama and reclaim the People's house.

Ron Paul is a world-renown economist with a consistent 40-year record of conservative fiscal leadership. He is credited as the "Father of the Tea Party" and earned the distinction as "The Tax-Payers' Best Friend" for his strong defense against runaway spending and out-of-control big government. Doctor Paul is an Air Force veteran, a pro-life OB/GYN, and a principled advocate of states' rights. He's the conservative America needs. He's the conservative who will win.

Vote Ron Paul in 2012.If you so choose, feel free to use the above at your own discretion. I tried to phrase the wording so the cards have the longest shelf-life possible.

No matter what: great work and great initiative!

Microsecessionist
08-10-2011, 06:45 AM
I think they're brilliant:) I never could've done anything that good.

fatjohn
08-10-2011, 07:10 AM
Very nice, perhaps a suggestion to enter a stab at romneycare? As a doctor, Paul also knows that the only fiscal and morally responsible way is to take government out of the healthcare business. (But then better phrased)

And... To learn more, visit ronpaulflix.com, his official site at www.ronpaul2012.com or Google Ron Paul.

Its a better way to say it when you use a ","

Shane Harris
08-10-2011, 07:40 AM
very nice however not my favorite picture of ron i must admit

Romulus
08-10-2011, 09:41 AM
very nice however not my favorite picture of ron i must admit

Yeah, mine either... his eyes look so dark when in reality they are a hazel color..

Article V
08-10-2011, 10:18 AM
Yeah, mine either... his eyes look so dark when in reality they are a hazel color..Someone has a crush. ;)

Just kidding. Haha!

justinpagewood
08-10-2011, 01:48 PM
Absolutely spectacular, but "succeess" is misspelled.

Still, I hope someone buys a whole bunch of these for Ames.

Thanks for the spelling catch! :D

justinpagewood
08-10-2011, 01:50 PM
I also don't like the use of "he's" for both "he has" and "he is" since I tend to be formal but minor point.

There are a couple other minor changes I'd tweak as well.

Honestly I'm a grammar nazi so if anyone wants to PM me anything to check, I love to grammar nazi stuff.

Awesome! Totally agree, and I fixed that on the cards.

justinpagewood
08-10-2011, 01:51 PM
Grammar nazi over here as well. Technically conservative shouldn't be capitalized, but if you're going to for effect and emphasis, be consistent throughout (it's not in the last line).

Agreed as well! Fixed!