PDA

View Full Version : Pastor Hagee joins Glenn Beck

Brian4Liberty
08-09-2011, 07:35 PM
Did anyone catch Glenn Beck's radio show today? Pastor Hagee was a guest, and it was a mutual lovefest. I haven't kept up with Beck lately, is Hagee officially partnering with Beck in his new religious broadcasting endevour? Guess this rules out direct competition with Hagee (in the short term at least).

Pro-Life Libertarian
08-09-2011, 07:36 PM
Beck is a Mormon?

Brian4Liberty
08-09-2011, 07:49 PM
Beck is a Mormon?

Yes.

fj45lvr
08-10-2011, 01:24 AM
they're doing it for Israel....don't you know.

LibertyEagle
08-10-2011, 02:21 AM
I makes me wonder if he has heard some of the things Hagee has said. Hagee is no Christian.

Unelected
08-10-2011, 02:36 AM
I makes me wonder if he has heard some of the things Hagee has said. Hagee is no Christian.

No true Scotsman fallacy. I get what you mean though. Hagee definitely doesn't represent Christians like Chuck Baldwin.

LibertyEagle
08-10-2011, 02:37 AM
No true Scotsman fallacy. I get what you mean though. Hagee definitely doesn't represent Christians like Chuck Baldwin.

I stand by what I said.

COpatriot
08-10-2011, 02:40 AM
It's little wonder why Becky is being dropped by more and more stations with his apocalyptic bullshit. He used to be so tolerable. Sad.

BamaAla
08-10-2011, 02:41 AM
Beck is a Mormon?

I think that's what he claims, but the key thing that he is here starts with a Z and ends with an ionist.

LibertyEagle
08-10-2011, 02:48 AM
I saw somewhere where Beck said he was moving to Texas. Makes me wonder if it is to help Perry.

COpatriot
08-10-2011, 02:52 AM
I saw somewhere where Beck said he was moving to Texas. Makes me wonder if it is to help Perry.

That was my guess. He is a big Perry fan, you know with him being the "libertarian" that he is.

LibertyEagle
08-10-2011, 03:18 AM
That was my guess. He is a big Perry fan, you know with him being the "libertarian" that he is.

I know his radio cohort is in thick with Perry. I'm fairly confident that is how Beck got the idea to attack Medina.

Maybe I am naive on this, but I think Beck's heart is in the right place, but he is way too easily swayed.

ctiger2
08-10-2011, 09:14 AM
Hagee is KING Zionist. ie he's nuts...

Brian4Liberty
08-10-2011, 09:24 AM

After a quick Google search, Beck is very familiar with Hagee. Hagee probably inspired Beck's move in a new direction.

Hagee and Beck discussed their support for Perry on the radio yesterday.

Brian4Liberty
08-10-2011, 09:26 AM
This connection apparently goes way back...here's the first of a seven part interview that was first posted in 2007.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOsYSwNrlBo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOsYSwNrlBo

specsaregood
08-10-2011, 09:29 AM

Many christians would say the same about beck and mormons. Not me, mind you; but many would.

Brian4Liberty
08-10-2011, 09:36 AM
It appears that Beck also had close ties to Falwell. This seems to go back a long way. Interesting that this was not very widely known.

Beck -- who has insisted that "there is no one more pro-Israel or more pro-Jew than I am" -- has close ties to the activities and legacy of the late Jerry Falwell,
But none of that stopped Beck from repeatedly hosting Falwell on his CNN Headline News television show a few years later:

October 5, 2006: Falwell appeared on Glenn Beck to discuss the controversy over an anti-Islam opinion column.
March 8, 2007: Falwell appeared on Glenn Beck to discuss a mall shooter, who Falwell descfibed incorrectly as a "radical Islamic terrorist."
Until his death, Falwell served on the executive board of Christians United For Israel (CUFI), and his son Jonathan now occupies that seat.

CUFI describes itself as "a national association through which every pro-Israel church, parachurch organization, ministry or individual in America can speak and act with one voice in support of Israel in matters related to Biblical issues." It's led by John Hagee, an evangelical end-times pastor who once claimed that Hurricane Katrina was God's punishment for a planned New Orleans gay pride parade.
In July, Beck was the keynote speaker at CUFI's 2011 summit. Beck told the crowd that he was joining CUFI...

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201108040015

Krugerrand
08-10-2011, 09:41 AM
I can't help but think that without his TV show Beck will fade away like last month's Happy Meal toys.

NewRightLibertarian
08-10-2011, 09:43 AM
I can't help but think that without his TV show Beck will fade away like last month's Happy Meal toys.

Extremely doubtful although that's what a lot of people are hoping.

sparebulb
08-10-2011, 09:56 AM

Beck is already a distant bad memory for me. Ever since I shit-canned cable, there is no more O'fascist, Shammity, Amanpour, Anderson C(ia)ooper, or Maddcow in my life. My wallet is fatter and my blood pressure is lower. I refuse to ever again pay to have someone to tell me what to think.

PastaRocket848
08-10-2011, 10:03 AM
ummm.... you do know that there are liberty-friendly shows on mainstream tv now, right? FBN for the win man... if you want my directv box you can pry it from my cold dead hands... or wait until the judge goes off the air.

eduardo89
08-10-2011, 10:10 AM
they're doing it for Israel....don't you know.

God's work, obviously.

pcosmar
08-10-2011, 10:21 AM
God's work, obviously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKZSqd5Y8nA

reillym
08-10-2011, 10:25 AM
Glenn Beck, really? This is a forum for smart people, not glenn beck fans. His lies: George Soros, obama is a muslim, death panels, climate change, etc etc etc.

sparebulb
08-10-2011, 10:28 AM
ummm.... you do know that there are liberty-friendly shows on mainstream tv now, right? FBN for the win man... if you want my directv box you can pry it from my cold dead hands... or wait until the judge goes off the air.

I think that it is great to support whatever business you choose. I like the Judge too. I've made the conscious decision that the positives of the Judge do not outweigh the total evil of the Murdoch/Ailes empire and I choose to starve the Beast of my money. It is my opinion that the Judge and Stossel are used as bait to try to lure the liberty-minded demographic back to the poison of the rest of the neo-con programming. If they add to Fox's profitability, that is just an added bonus for Ailes. But profits aren't the reason for Fox News.

kahless
08-10-2011, 10:51 AM
Glenn Beck, really? This is a forum for smart people, not glenn beck fans. His lies: George Soros, obama is a muslim, death panels, climate change, etc etc etc.

You hit on all the things Beck is right on. For the most part he preaches liberty values but then contradicts himself as well as sabotaging candidates that support such values.

AbVag
08-10-2011, 01:34 PM

I wanna go through all those things you're calling his lies:

1) The problem with Beck isn't his comments on Soros, but rather that he doesn't attack the Kochs with the same ferociousness. If you had a liberal who went after Koch and left Soros alone, that person would be just as right as Beck.
2) I actually don't care if that's a lie or not. Obama's bad enough just continuing where Bush left off. Besides, I know of a few muslims who respect liberty far better than the vast majority of those in Washington and those from the past few decades.
3) I'm skipping this one as I don't know enough to form an opinion, but I have a feeling I'd probably disagree with Beck on that.
4) I'm of the belief that man made climate change doesn't exist. Climate change, sure, but I believe it's a natural thing. Even if I'm wrong, I'd trust the government with that as well as I do with them handling healthcare. None.

purplechoe
08-10-2011, 01:54 PM

And you are not one of the smart ones. Have you missed the video of Krugman actually talking about death panels, oh I forgot, you probably like that economic intellectual idiot. Climate change agenda is also BS, I don't think you understand Ron Paul's message or are just a troll...

TNforPaul45
08-10-2011, 03:20 PM
John Hagee said that Jesus was not the Christ. He is THAT much in bed with israel. He forever lost any tolerance he had with me when he said that. Beck's cronies said on the radio one day " oh we know allll about the stuff Ron Paul did in Texas." i knew then glenn beck has no interest in a Paul presidency. Watch the video of the last time Paul was on Becks show. You can see the disgust on Becks face at having Paul speak.

ExPatPaki
08-10-2011, 03:22 PM
John Hagee said that Jesus was not the Christ.

Lol, whut? How can one argue that, especially in the context of Christianity? If Jesus was not Christ, then who was or is or will be?

AbVag
08-10-2011, 03:46 PM
Wait. Jesus was not the Christ? And all this time I thought Christ was a last name. What's next? He's gonna claim Christians been pronouncing his name wrong all along and it's actually "hey seuss"? Hey, why not, since Hagee's convinced Jesus had a different last name? What a mixed up message to send to right wing Christians.

"I want to give my heart to Jesus Rodriguez, but what if he was crucified for being an illegal immigrant?"

TroySmith
08-10-2011, 07:37 PM

Irony at its finest.

Brian4Liberty
08-11-2011, 09:39 AM
Video and story from GBTV:

http://www.glennbeck.com/2011/08/09/pastor-hagee-gets-bomb-threat/

sparebulb
08-11-2011, 09:47 AM
Ha, ha, ha. I just got it. (L)GBTV

Lindsey Graham and Glenn could make a joint announcement someday. Along with spiritual advisor, Ted Haggard.