PDA

View Full Version : [Video] Brett Baier Ends Show At Mention Of Ron Paul Scaring The Establishment

Immortal Technique
08-09-2011, 05:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmwopGnYNEU

Airing Date Aug.09, 2011
Brett Baier Ends Show At Mention Of Ron Paul Scaring The Establishment

TheDriver
08-09-2011, 05:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmwopGnYNEU

Airing Date Aug.09, 2011
Brett Baier Ends Show At Mention Of Ron Paul Scaring The Establishment

That is heavily cut/edited.^ Props to Juan Williams for mentioning Paul at the end of the segment.

After showing those poll numbers, they spent 5 minutes talking about Perry.

purplechoe
08-09-2011, 05:47 PM
Juan Williams had some good things to say about Dr. Paul after the debate...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn4GnPqgF7Y

Kirsten Powers also said that she liked him... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50EKeDtYiRs

opmal7
08-09-2011, 05:52 PM
haha, i saw this and thought the same thing.

Brett was thinking "We told you not to say his name!!" lol

TroySmith
08-09-2011, 06:00 PM
Nice. I think it's going to be harder to marginalize RP this time around.

TheDriver
08-09-2011, 06:06 PM
haha, i saw this and thought the same thing.

Brett was thinking "We told you not to say his name!!" lol

The segment started with videos of Romney, Bachman and Cain speaking in Iowa. Paul was noticeably absent, especially considering two of the three in the videos were polling behind him in the poll they were using.

FreedomProsperityPeace
08-09-2011, 06:17 PM
I watched the show, and Baier actually mentioned Ron Paul when he went to Krauthammer. Charles typically refused to mention him by name in his response. Special Report included Dr. Paul in its Ames coverage on yesterday's show, mentioning and showing video footage of him twice. I was going to make a thread about it, but they never uploaded that segment on their site.

MelissaCato
08-09-2011, 06:39 PM
“fair, balanced and unafraid” !!!

libertybrewcity
08-09-2011, 06:53 PM
I think Juan has caught on to RP.

truthdivides
08-09-2011, 06:56 PM
Juan is on the edge of being a Neil Cavuto and Dylan Ratigan.

Legend1104
08-09-2011, 07:06 PM
“And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.“

I have a feeling that if Dr. Paul can come in first at Ames, then grow in the polls, then other closet supporters will come out and become brave enough to truely push him hard.

headhawg7
08-09-2011, 07:10 PM
I have said this for some time now...Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate the republicans can nominate that will garner a HUGE chunk of independents and even some moderate democrats including the people who vote mainly on social issues. I saw a episode of larry king a couple years ago with jesse ventura hosting. He had on one conservative, one liberal, himself of course and ron paul. Paul had the entire panel agreeing with him even the liberal. I have heard MANY liberals say that would vote Paul over obama simply because of his stances on social issues and foreign policy.

Brett85
08-09-2011, 07:22 PM
I have heard MANY liberals say that would vote Paul over obama simply because of his stances on social issues and foreign policy.

Social issues? The only social issue where Ron is to the left of Obama is on the war on drugs.

V3n
08-09-2011, 07:44 PM
[with peppered hesitation] I'm really respecting Juan Williams - the 'era of Ron Paul' and the Jon Stewart interview - I think he's been through some sh-stuff with NPR and appreciates a guy who speaks his mind (like Ron Paul). I think he's an ally. I'm a fan - I watch for him on the news-mix, and I've never been upset by what he had to say.

Kregisen
08-09-2011, 07:49 PM
Social issues? The only social issue where Ron is to the left of Obama is on the war on drugs.

Ron believes government shouldn't regulate marriage...Obama wants government to ban gay marriages so many liberals will like Ron's stance better even if for the wrong reasons.

Karsten
08-09-2011, 07:55 PM
Did someone sigh at 0:24 after Juan mentions Ron Paul?

headhawg7
08-09-2011, 08:09 PM

War on drugs and gay marriage are the primary two. That would garner those special interest votes.

I probably should have worded better what I was trying to say. I will try again. Paul's stance on social issues in combination with his stance on foreign policies, wars and the patriot act will take some democrats votes away from obama not to mention a HUGE majority of independents. He is also against the govt regulating marriage and the repeal of federal drug laws. He thinks this should be left up to the states. So I believe he will take away some democrat votes away from obama and most of the independent vote. There is NO CHANCE that rick perry or mitt romney can take away any democrat votes away from obama. Independents can go either way on those two. If Paul were nominated he would win in a LANDSLIDE especially if the economy and unemployment are still in the crapper.

headhawg7
08-09-2011, 08:10 PM
Ron believes government shouldn't regulate marriage...Obama wants government to ban gay marriages so many liberals will like Ron's stance better even if for the wrong reasons.

+rep
This is correct

Bordillo
08-09-2011, 11:40 PM

Im going to have to disagree, if you are saying right as conservative and left as liberal than

a right wing person would want no govt regulation of marriage or drug use

Napoleon's Shadow
08-18-2011, 04:42 PM
1 week later, this video is VERY telling!