PDA

View Full Version : Small mention of my booth at the Plymouth County fair

goRPaul
08-09-2011, 04:47 PM
I was told the article would be about Paul, and it ended up being about Pawlenty :mad:

But the juxtaposition between the failure of the Pawlenty campaign and our grassroots efficiency almost makes up for it :p

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/pawlenty-fights-to-gain-ground-ahead-of-ames-straw-poll/2011/08/07/gIQABEQS3I_story_1.html (link goes to page 2 of 3)

Seeing no Pawlenty fliers, Feenstra asked about the omission.

Kass shrugged and said a field representative for Pawlenty had been late delivering the candidate’s brochures.

Feenstra winced, incredulous. “What?”

“Hopefully, we have it all out here tomorrow,” Kass said.

Near the Republican tent, supporters of Ron Paul, who had their own booth, were briskly gathering names and handing out brochures. Kass, who was using the county fair as a site for an informal Plymouth County straw poll of announced and prospective GOP candidates, eventually reported that Bachmann had won and, surprisingly, that Romney and Paul had finished a strong second and third, respectively. Pawlenty found himself in fifth, behind Cain.

Preoccupied by the missing Pawlenty fliers, Feenstra stood off to the side and shook his head ruefully. “This kind of mistake can’t happen in a campaign,” he mumbled.

Badger Paul
08-09-2011, 05:26 PM
Ahh, I saw this too and was going to post the article before you beat me to it. Anyway it shows that organization cannot make up for lack of passion anymore than passion can make up for bad organization. What we've done in Iowa this time around is ratchet down the passion a little bit but keeping it focused while we bumped up the organization quite a bit. It makes for a hopefully winning combination.

sailingaway
08-09-2011, 05:32 PM
I was told the article would be about Paul, and it ended up being about Pawlenty :mad:

But the juxtaposition between the failure of the Pawlenty campaign and our grassroots efficiency almost makes up for it :p

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/pawlenty-fights-to-gain-ground-ahead-of-ames-straw-poll/2011/08/07/gIQABEQS3I_story_1.html (link goes to page 2 of 3)

NO fair! If Ron had his own booth, people who liked him might not even have gone to their booth to take their straw polll! :(

But +rep for activism!

parocks
08-09-2011, 08:31 PM

How many names have you gotten? What other data? What are you doing with the data? Is the campaign getting the data? Are you selling (or giving away) Ames Straw Poll tix? How is all of that going?

goRPaul
08-09-2011, 08:36 PM
How many names have you gotten? What other data? What are you doing with the data? Is the campaign getting the data? Are you selling (or giving away) Ames Straw Poll tix? How is all of that going?

I got over 60 names at six different fairs, and sent all of them to Iowa campaign coordinators. I wasn't selling or giving any tickets, but I did encourage people to attend the straw poll, and dozens told me they would.

Also, another writer did post an article with my quote on the second page: http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/can-ron-paul-win-it-all-in-iowa/2011/08/09/gIQAf2SG5I_story.html

sailingaway
08-09-2011, 08:39 PM
Is that you? I just posted on the thread for that story that I liked the sound of you!

Well done!

It wants me to spread reputation around before I give you more, so if someone else could cover me, I'd appreciate it!

bunklocoempire
08-09-2011, 08:40 PM
NO fair! If Ron had his own booth, people who liked him might not even have gone to their booth to take their straw polll! :(

But +rep for activism!

And another +rep! Huzzah for activism and your efforts goRPaul!!!:)

Thank you!

EDIT: Now can someone add some +rep to goRPaul for me as well? Mmmm maybe a +rep credit system... nah.

Bunkloco

sailingaway
08-09-2011, 08:51 PM
wouldn't want a +rep bubble, after all....

parocks
08-09-2011, 08:53 PM
That all sounds great, good job.