PDA

View Full Version : First "Super Congress" members selected

devil21
08-09-2011, 04:45 PM
Harry Reid has made his choices.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0811/60980.html

In the first of what will be a closely watched selection process for a powerful new deficit panel, Democratic sources say Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid will appoint Democratic Sens. Patty Murray (Wash.), Max Baucus (Mont.) and John Kerry (Mass.) as his three choices for a super committee charged with finding more than $1 trillion in spending cuts by the end of this year.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0811/60980.html#ixzz1UZgHz78R

Skull and Bones guy? No way! Im sure the richest member of Congress will know how to slash spending....

nobody's_hero
08-09-2011, 05:07 PM
Dang, I bet those are probably the same ones that the RINO Mitch McConnell was going to pick.

Pro-Life Libertarian
08-09-2011, 06:50 PM
I am hoping that DeMint, Rand, and Lee get selected from the Senate. I want Ron, Paul Ryan, and Cantor from the House. Yeah, Cantor and Ryan don't have perfect conservative credentials, but they are great at negotiating and understanding the budget, respectively. Both of those qualities are needed. They won't budge.

Now if we get a Lindsey Graham or Scott Brown, they will cave and the Democrats will get what they want.

thehungarian
08-09-2011, 06:57 PM
It will probably be: Dick Lugar, Lamar Alexander and Scott Brown

Pro-Life Libertarian
08-09-2011, 06:58 PM
It will probably be: Dick Lugar, Lamar Alexander and Scott Brown

LOL

I could see Boehner and McConnell appointing themselves too.

eduardo89
08-09-2011, 07:01 PM
Brown, Collins and Snowe with Murkowski as an alternate in case one of them goes a bit conservative.

thehungarian
08-09-2011, 07:01 PM
I am hoping that DeMint, Rand, and Lee get selected from the Senate. I want Ron, Paul Ryan, and Cantor from the House. Yeah, Cantor and Ryan don't have perfect conservative credentials, but they are great at negotiating and understanding the budget, respectively. Both of those qualities are needed. They won't budge.

Now if we get a Lindsey Graham or Scott Brown, they will cave and the Democrats will get what they want.

If any one of DeMint, Lee or Rand get in it would be worth celebrating. All 3 would be pretty incredible TV.

headhawg7
08-09-2011, 07:20 PM
Brown, Collins and Snowe with Murkowski as an alternate in case one of them goes a bit conservative.

I am pretty cynical by nature so this is what I was thinking as well. I would be SHOCKED if they selected an actual true fiscal hawk who stands on principles...not many to choose from.