PDA

View Full Version : We are polling top 4 nationally - time for PPP to include us VS. Obama

trey4sports
08-09-2011, 02:58 PM
PPP said they would start including Ron in the polling done nationwide vs. Obama if we were polling top 4 which we are NOW doing. So it's time to pressure them to follow through

Via a PPP Tweet

Ron Paul people: spamming me will not get your candidate included in our general election polling. Polling top 4 in the GOP field will

Well, put up or shutup.

leave a comment on their blog: http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/ (article doesn't matter, just comment)

tweet it: @ppppolls

sailingaway
08-09-2011, 03:00 PM
They said when he regularly polled double digits. I think they are using our emailing them to refuse to do it. I don't think they are very good at what they do anyhow, and am happy to let Gallup and Rasmussen do this work.

trey4sports
08-09-2011, 03:02 PM
They said when he regularly polled double digits.

The quote above is directly quoted from their angry tweet. It doesn't matter though. We've hit their threshold it is now time for them to do what is right.

PastaRocket848
08-09-2011, 03:03 PM
one more double digit poll and they will pretty much have to include him. in any event, they're a private entity, a business, that needs to make money. they're free to include or exclude whomever they choose.

they will eventually be forced by "the market" to comply and include our man... until then i wouldn't do too much spamming... leaves a bad taste.

RP Supporter
08-09-2011, 03:05 PM
Their argument will probably be that Paul never is in the top 4 in their polls(Though I know he has been in some state polls) And they're not about to include him based on other polls, since that sort of means something in their own polling is off.

Still, I agree its time to include him regardless. Certainly he's more relevant then Cain.

trey4sports
08-09-2011, 03:05 PM
They said when he regularly polled double digits. I think they are using our emailing them to refuse to do it. I don't think they are very good at what they do anyhow, and am happy to let Gallup and Rasmussen do this work.

yeah, but having Paul vs. Obama numbers being released weekly would be a nice boost to the electability meme.

tsai3904
08-09-2011, 03:07 PM
I would give them some more time before we annoy them again and decide to never include Ron in the general election polls. They're going to drop Pawlenty and they will drop Palin too at the end of the month if she shows no signs of running. Once Ron outpolls Cain in their National polls, they should start including Ron. Their last National primary poll had Cain 1% above Ron and since their next National poll will come out after Ames, Ron should be polling above Cain in their next poll.

sailingaway
08-09-2011, 03:10 PM
The quote above is directly quoted from their angry tweet. It doesn't matter though. We've hit their threshold it is now time for them to do what is right.

They had another angry tweet with double digits. If they drop Palin Ron would still be in it, hence they don't.

Romulus
08-09-2011, 03:12 PM
I would give them some more time before we annoy them again and decide to never include Ron in the general election polls. They're going to drop Pawlenty and they will drop Palin too at the end of the month if she shows no signs of running. Once Ron outpolls Cain in their National polls, they should start including Ron in the general election polls. Their last National primary poll had Cain 1% above Ron so we're almost there. Their next National poll will come out after Ames and we should be above Cain after that.

Yeah.. agree...

invisible
08-09-2011, 03:31 PM
They had another angry tweet with double digits. If they drop Palin Ron would still be in it, hence they don't.

Wonder what they'll do to move the goalposts this time?

realtonygoodwin
08-09-2011, 03:35 PM
They said they will drop Palin. They probably mean polling top 4 in their poll though, not anyones.

trey4sports
08-09-2011, 03:37 PM

Fair enough

We've also reached that threshold. Our RCP average is something like 9.6 however polling has been consistently above that as the field has begun to settle down.

trey4sports
08-09-2011, 03:38 PM
They said they will drop Palin. They probably mean polling top 4 in their poll though, not anyones.

They haven't released one in a while (as far as i know) but if were polling 14% in Gallup then we are going to be around that number with PPP. Both firms do a decent job at polling.

libertybrewcity
08-09-2011, 03:38 PM
Of course they are going to poll the frontrunner:)

sailingaway
08-09-2011, 03:39 PM
Fair enough

We've also reached that threshold. Our RCp average is something like 9.6 however polling has been consistently above that as the field has begun to settle down.

Yeah. I'm of two minds. I think they are sabatoging him, and might just come up with a more clever way to do it. How else do you explain their poll being of Republicans only in Texas when it has open primaries? They KNEW Ron did well there because he did better than Perry against Obama (he beat Obama, Perry didn't). But that was a general election poll. They usually poll those who vote, not the party only.

JoshLowry
08-09-2011, 03:42 PM
I liked PPP during Rand's primary and general election.

They seemed very fair, accurate, and straightforward.

I don't see why they wouldn't follow through on their promise.

Maybe pollster companies that get pimped are just as expendable as the talking heads?

sailingaway
08-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Once Rand went out of the primary, where PPP didn't have a dog in the race, and before their last 'in zone' poll before the election which is the one used for rating their accuracy, they went way off the pattern favoring Jack, it seemed to me, at times when we were being told Rand's internal polling was pretty steady. I also don't understand how they polled Texas just a month or so back. My opinion can be wrong, but I'm not just saying I don't like the results, I think they literally are trying to keep Ron in particular out of the limelight, possibly because he is the only one who could actually erode Obama's base in a head to head contest. I could be wrong, of course.