PDA

View Full Version : Peter Schiff Show Moving UP in the World!! BIG NEWS!

dannno
08-09-2011, 01:29 PM
An excerpt from the e-mail:

Fellow Freedom-Fighters -

Just a quick update from the Peter Schiff Show. Over the last week we've witnessed the size of audience grow almost 100 percent. Clearly as momentous events unfold around the world, people are seeking out Peter's analysis.

Beginning August 29th, The Peter Schiff Show will begin syndication with Radio America -- the network currently syndicating the likes of G. Gordon Liddy and Roger Hedgecock. As part of this new arrangement, the Peter Schiff Show will begin airing on an estimated 25 new stations. Peter will also begin producing a minute-long daily commentary that will appear on hundreds of stations nationwide. There are other exciting new features coming as well, but I'll save them for later.

In the meantime, please know that we plan to turn The Peter Schiff Show into a top-10 talk radio broadcast.

Many thanks as always for listening.

And please tune in tomorrow.

Thanks,

Tom

http://www.schiffradio.com/

trey4sports
08-09-2011, 01:31 PM
very cool. He will be the top radio voice during Ron's administration. (unless he is treasury secretary :))

juleswin
08-09-2011, 01:33 PM
Almost zero chance of the show comes to Omaha. I think the best we have is Dennis Miller :(

Romulus
08-09-2011, 01:35 PM
That's awesome...

MRoCkEd
08-09-2011, 01:37 PM
Great news!

flightlesskiwi
08-09-2011, 01:38 PM
Great news!! More and more people are ready to hear the truth!! I'm glad there are people like Peter Schiff willing to share it.

Kotin
08-09-2011, 01:44 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet

specsaregood
08-09-2011, 01:50 PM
Over the last week we've witnessed the size of audience grow almost 100 percent.

That could be a lot or a little. Since he intentionally obfuscated it, I'd say it is very very little.

low preference guy
08-09-2011, 01:56 PM
That could be a lot or a little. Since he intentionally obfuscated it, I'd say it is very very little.

so he went from 10 to 20? it's progress!

specsaregood
08-09-2011, 01:58 PM

If they stick around it could be called progress; but it doesn't necessarily mean:

Clearly as momentous events unfold around the world, people are seeking out Peter's analysis.

10 -> 20 does not a clear case make.

dannno
08-09-2011, 02:03 PM

His show is getting picked up for syndication, so I'd say it's a lot.

Austrian Econ Disciple
08-09-2011, 03:18 PM
very cool. He will be the top radio voice during Ron's administration. (unless he is treasury secretary :))

Free Talk Live anyone?

trey4sports
08-09-2011, 03:21 PM

If they stick around it could be called progress; but it doesn't necessarily mean:

10 -> 20 does not a clear case make.

?? huh

Theocrat
08-09-2011, 03:22 PM
That Schiff is awesome.

emazur
08-09-2011, 03:26 PM

His show was picked up by the GCN network (http://www.gcnlive.com/programs/peterSchiff/) earlier this year and precedes the Alex Jones Show, and even when it started on just the one local CT station he had a worldwide audience of people listening in through the internet, so I doubt the show was doing badly

trey4sports
08-09-2011, 03:35 PM
I dont get the 10 -20 joke? Did he have a really small audience or something?

thehighwaymanq
08-09-2011, 03:36 PM
Ah, remember when he was laughed at. LOL!

dannno
08-09-2011, 03:39 PM

Compared to Rush Limbaugh :confused:

specsaregood
08-09-2011, 03:43 PM

The OP quote said:

Over the last week we've witnessed the size of audience grow almost 100 percent.
This does not give you any idea of the actual audience size. What is 100% growth of 10 listeners total? Not very impressive. i was just busting balls, it wasn't a joke.

trey4sports
08-09-2011, 03:48 PM
The OP quote said:

This does not give you any idea of the actual audience size. What is 100% growth of 10 listeners total? Not very impressive. i was just busting balls, it wasn't a joke.

my bad. I have lost my sense of humor today

Napoleon's Shadow
08-09-2011, 03:48 PM
I still like Mike Church better :-P

dannno
08-09-2011, 06:12 PM
bump

amy31416
08-09-2011, 06:20 PM
Isn't he rather pro-interventionism?

AGRP
08-09-2011, 06:24 PM
I swear theres no libertarian radio shows around here. All we get is the neocon crap.

KingRobbStark
08-09-2011, 06:26 PM
Almost zero chance of the show comes to Omaha. I think the best we have is Dennis Miller :(

lol

dannno
08-09-2011, 06:27 PM
Isn't he rather pro-interventionism?

No, he wants to end our foreign empire and bring all of the troops home.

I'd say Rand is a bigger interventionist in practice as he seems to not be as unsupportive of our empire and having all our troops out there as Schiff.

Schiff made a statement about how IF Iran had nuclear weapons AND IF they were threatening our national security then we could blow them up as a defense mechanism (the weapons). But he never said Iran had nuclear weapons and he never said that Iran was actually threatening us. It was a statement pandering to Republicans because Schiff was running purely on an economics platform for a Senate seat. He is very much aware of how our military interventionism is tied to economics and would bring up that often when speaking, but still wanted to make sure he had a strong defense platform.

In the sense that Schiff is more interventionist than Ron, I'd say that Scheuer is more interventionist than Schiff. Or at least as much so.

Immortal Technique
08-09-2011, 06:40 PM
good for peter, love his show

amy31416
08-09-2011, 06:41 PM

I'd say Rand is a bigger interventionist in practice as he seems to not be as unsupportive of our empire and having all our troops out there as Schiff.

Schiff made a statement about how IF Iran had nuclear weapons AND IF they were threatening our national security then we could blow them up as a defense mechanism (the weapons). But he never said Iran had nuclear weapons and he never said that Iran was actually threatening us. It was a statement pandering to Republicans because Schiff was running purely on an economics platform for a Senate seat. He is very much aware of how our military interventionism is tied to economics and would bring up that often when speaking, but still wanted to make sure he had a strong defense platform.

In the sense that Schiff is more interventionist than Ron, I'd say that Scheuer is more interventionist than Schiff. Or at least as much so.

Thanks for the info. I have no issue with them (Rand, Schiff, Scheuer) so long as they're actually talking about defense...but even that can be turned on it's head if a person doesn't have really solid principles and a firm grasp on our history.

libertybrewcity
08-09-2011, 06:42 PM

neither of them are interventionist. it just isn't in there best interest to come out and attack everything all the time. he would immediately be outcast from the party and have no chance at a 2016 presidency or senate reelection. We need to play politics and beat them at their own game.

eduardo89
08-09-2011, 06:47 PM
His show was picked up by the GCN network (http://www.gcnlive.com/programs/peterSchiff/) earlier this year and precedes the Alex Jones Show, and even when it started on just the one local CT station he had a worldwide audience of people listening in through the internet, so I doubt the show was doing badly

I remember when it was an Internet show a couple years ago and he already had quite a big audience. He had 10 or so callers every time as it was always different people. And he regularly had international callers, I heard people calling from Canada, Australia, UK, Germany and Brazil!

trey4sports
08-09-2011, 06:53 PM
neither of them are interventionist. it just isn't in there best interest to come out and attack everything all the time. he would immediately be outcast from the party and have no chance at a 2016 presidency or senate reelection. We need to play politics and beat them at their own game.

If that is the case Ron has no shot at winning the presidency :eek:

I get what you're saying though. Rand shouldn't push an issue that the base doesn't completely agree with him on. Better to sidestep it and showcase his economic prowess instead.

dannno
08-09-2011, 06:57 PM
If that is the case Ron has no shot at winning the presidency :eek:

I get what you're saying though. Rand shouldn't push an issue that the base doesn't completely agree with him on. Better to sidestep it and showcase his economic prowess instead.

Ya, Ron Paul is really the whole package and showcases every aspect of individual liberty.. but Schiff is a little bit better than Ron at making the economic arguments, which makes him very valuable to have in our camp.

emazur
08-09-2011, 07:37 PM

Don't forget he also opposed the Iraq War from the start

I remember when it was an Internet show a couple years ago and he already had quite a big audience. He had 10 or so callers every time as it was always different people. And he regularly had international callers, I heard people calling from Canada, Australia, UK, Germany and Brazil!

Yes, and it wasn't even a couple years ago - the first episode aired Oct. 18, 2010 (I can post it if anybody wants it). Schiff underwrote the cost of the show himself at first (all the ads were for EuroPac), he later picked up an advertiser for PC Pitstop, and then got more advertisers that come along with his move to GCN. Now he's going to be going national - though on a small scale, the man says he has big plans for the future. Personally I've always felt his show would do better on the business radio networks than conservative talk radio stations. But business stations lean conservative anyway - I often hear ads from pro-gun organizations on my local business network.

Imaginos
08-09-2011, 07:52 PM
Sweeeeeeeeet!

dannno
08-09-2011, 09:23 PM
bump

dannno
08-10-2011, 10:39 AM
Bump for those who missed this tidbit yesterday.