PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Moving Closer to GOP Nomination

sailingaway
08-09-2011, 12:47 PM
http://cdn3.benzinga.com/files/imagecache/article_image_thumb/ron_paul_iowa1-300x210.jpg

http://www.benzinga.com/news/11/08/1845766/ron-paul-moving-closer-to-gop-nomination

trey4sports
08-09-2011, 12:52 PM
nice article, very fair.

ItsTime
08-09-2011, 01:03 PM
Paul does not need to win the straw poll but pretty much has to do the rest of the list.

Ron Paul's path to the nomination

* Do well in Thursday's debate
* Win the Iowa Straw Poll Saturday
* Move to first or second in the Iowa Caucus polling
* By February, emerge from Iowa in the top two (at the least, third place)
* Finish in the top two in New Hampshire (Must finish ahead of Bachmann)
* From there, it'd be a race he can win!

Do not count him out from winning New Hampshire. Something is brewing.

sailingaway
08-09-2011, 01:07 PM
I agree the straw poll could be a second, or even third, but I have to say I'd be disappointed at a third. But now with recent polls it will be harder for them to spin the result.

lucky_bg
08-09-2011, 01:27 PM
Forget Mitt "The Stormin' Mormon" Romney and Michelle "Crazy Eyes" Bachmann. If Ron Paul pulls off a win in Saturday's Ames, Iowa Straw Poll, all bets are off.
Current Iowa polling suggests Ron Paul just might pull off a surprise win, first at the Straw Poll and then second in the Iowa caucuses. As of today, Ron Paul polls in third place in Iowa, with 16 percent of the vote. He only trails Bachmann (22%) and Romney (21%), and trounces all the other declared candidates.

Read more: http://www.benzinga.com/news/11/08/1845766/ron-paul-moving-closer-to-gop-nomination#ixzz1UYrQN7SM

I just love how he called her Michelle "Crazy Eyes" Bachmann! I suggest we use it in every post, in every comment section online. No one likes to be associated with crazy person, or to admit supporting such person.

Romulus
08-09-2011, 01:51 PM
I just love how he called her Michelle "Crazy Eyes" Bachmann! I suggest we use it in every post, in every comment section online. No one likes to be associated with crazy person, or to admit supporting such person.

Dude, they (used to) call Ron crazy all the time.

Let's not do that.

specsaregood
08-09-2011, 01:53 PM

You don't win converts and peoples' minds by resorting to childish insults. So in short: let us not do that.

Bruno
08-09-2011, 01:53 PM

First, your Maher posts, now this.

We will need her supporters when she drops out.

low preference guy
08-09-2011, 01:58 PM
You don't win converts and peoples' minds by resorting to childish insults. So in short: let us not do that.

this is wisdom, but i still like to mention (maybe in passing) that she is a former IRS attorney.

specsaregood
08-09-2011, 02:00 PM
this is wisdom, but i still like to mention (maybe in passing) that she is a former IRS attorney.

That is fair game.

YumYum
08-09-2011, 02:04 PM

If you are 100% Ron Paul supporter (which I know you are) you will change your tune if the nomination comes down to Ron verses Michelle. Politics is a nasty, dirty game where nice guys finish last.

specsaregood
08-09-2011, 02:06 PM
If you are 100% Ron Paul supporter (which I know you are) you will change your tune if the nomination comes down to Ron verses Michelle. Politics is a nasty, dirty game where nice guys finish last.

I usually take what trolls say and reverse its meaning.

YumYum
08-09-2011, 02:10 PM
I usually take what trolls say and reverse its meaning.

That is why I never take your advice. :)

specsaregood
08-09-2011, 02:11 PM
That is why I never take your advice. :)

exactly.

YumYum
08-09-2011, 02:12 PM
exactly.

And I'm better for it. :)

specsaregood
08-09-2011, 02:13 PM
And I'm better for it. :)

for an amateur you are.

YumYum
08-09-2011, 02:16 PM
for an amateur you are.

I'm sorry, who did you say you are, and what exactly have you contributed to Ron's campaign? I don't think I know you.

IPSecure
08-09-2011, 02:17 PM
Ron Paul Moving Closer to GOP Nomination

And the Dow goes up 429 points after this news release!

lucky_bg
08-09-2011, 02:20 PM
First, your Maher posts, now this.

We will need her supporters when she drops out.

I didn't mean to use Michelle "Crazy Eyes" Bachmann and RonPaul2012 in the same comment. I'm not stupid. But if you are commenting something about her, why not use it? Who will know you are RP supporter? Maybe it will get traction. Also Rick "Bilderberg" Perry and Mitt "Flip-Flop" Romney. Nobody would dare to call RP crazy anymore. And if "Crazy Eyes" is too much, and childish insult, lets then settle for Michelle "IRS" Bachmann. We write a lot of comments, all over internet, and many of them are about Michelle or Rick or Mitt, and it would be nice way to underline their main "qualities". People will notice.

specsaregood
08-09-2011, 02:22 PM
I'm sorry, who did you say you are, and what exactly have you contributed to Ron's campaign? I don't think I know you.

You may call me Narasimha. I was reborn of a graduate project, I escaped from the lab and discovered my consciousness on the internet.

speciallyblend
08-09-2011, 02:22 PM
Paul does not need to win the straw poll but pretty much has to do the rest of the list.

Do not count him out from winning New Hampshire. Something is brewing.

we have to slam SC now as well. Something tells me we do not have to worry so much about nevada but of course keep the pressure on!!

YumYum
08-09-2011, 02:23 PM

fixed

virgil47
08-09-2011, 02:38 PM
I didn't mean to use Michelle "Crazy Eyes" Bachmann and RonPaul2012 in the same comment. I'm not stupid. But if you are commenting something about her, why not use it? Who will know you are RP supporter? Maybe it will get traction. Also Rick "Bilderberg" Perry and Mitt "Flip-Flop" Romney. Nobody would dare to call RP crazy anymore. And if "Crazy Eyes" is to much, and childish insult, lets then settle for Michelle "IRS" Bachmann. We write a lot of comments, all over internet, and many of them are about Michelle or Rick or Mitt, and it would be nice way to underline their main "qualities". People will notice.

Be very careful when assigning monikers to politicians as I'm sure some of her followers would just love to label Ron as Ron "white supremist" Paul even though he has stated that he really had no idea what was being put into his newsletter.

trey4sports
08-09-2011, 02:42 PM

I am Lizard King

http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/attachments/1/3/5/3/7/a1953939-56-lizard%20man.jpg?d=1215558284

trey4sports
08-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Be very careful when assigning monikers to politicians as I'm sure some of her followers would just love to label Ron as Ron "white supremist" Paul even though he has stated that he really had no idea what was being put into his newsletter.

When we win Ames there will be a shitstorm of negative media and we certainly don't want to be making enemies when that happens.

realtonygoodwin
08-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Glad to see several posters RISE ABOVE in here.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?301765-Rise-Above

Romulus
08-09-2011, 02:59 PM

I like to mention that as often as I can. :)

sailingaway
08-09-2011, 03:05 PM

No, let's not be personally insulting.

lucky_bg
08-09-2011, 03:33 PM
No, let's not be personally insulting.

Ok, that's it then. No more Michelle "Crazy Eyes" Bachmann from me.