PDA

View Full Version : Was it a mistake to move the rally?

slantedview
11-01-2007, 10:31 PM
This isn't a thread to add to the complaining about moving the rally. There's already plenty of that in other threads. I do think it is important though to capture some hard numbers on where everone stands on this change, especially since the rally originally started here.

So, let's vote.

James R
11-02-2007, 12:33 AM
After thinking about it I should have voted yes, since it obviously was a mistake by the campaign.

Nefertiti
11-02-2007, 05:20 AM
I can't vote either way as I feel the mistake was not moving it but rather letting control of the event get out of the grassroots' hands in the first place.

thehittgirl
11-02-2007, 05:33 AM
I feel it was a mistake. I fear this could cause a setback.

BizmanUSA
11-02-2007, 06:37 AM

AGREE!

People already that were flying in from North Carolina said that WILL NOT go to Valley Forge

I have read and heard that people are planning to boycott the Nov. 5th Money Bomb as a way to spank HQ letting them know how disappointed they are

Penny wise / Pound-Foolish - not a wise frugal decision

literatim
11-02-2007, 06:38 AM

Especially in Pennsylvania.

ronpaulfan
11-02-2007, 07:04 AM
I have read and heard that people are planning to boycott the Nov. 5th Money Bomb as a way to spank HQ letting them know how disappointed they are

Anyone that does that obtains TROLL status in my book. That is officially crossing the line between being upset and being a whiney bitch deserving no sympathy.

mojohnk2000
11-02-2007, 07:12 AM
Folks,

HQ should have gave a compelling reasons for the move and consoled the troops. They did not. This caused a morale problem. That was the mistake. I hope that they have learned a valuable lesson here.

LibertyEagle
11-02-2007, 07:34 AM

Well, that would be STUPID. It's like biting off your nose to spite your face.

I don't agree with what the campaign did either and I can only imagine how it makes those of you who worked on this thing so hard, feel. However, Ron Paul may very well be our last chance to save this country. Let's not lose sight of this, people. Please.

Somehow or another, we've got to get past this and pick ourselves back up again and charge forward. If we do not, we're only hurting ourselves, not the campaign. Think about it.

BizmanUSA
11-02-2007, 07:36 AM
AGREE!

People already that were flying in from North Carolina said that WILL NOT go to Valley Forge

Penny wise / Pound-Foolish - not a wise frugal decision

Anyone that does that obtains TROLL status in my book. That is officially crossing the line between being upset and being a whiney bitch deserving no sympathy.

I feel relatively sure that anyone who does do this would be doing it only for a while and would then return to the fold of donations. HQ has crushed many grassroots people and seriously taken the wind out of their respective sails

So SAD :(

Sematary
11-02-2007, 07:37 AM
Well, that would be STUPID. It's like biting off your nose to spite your face.

I don't agree with what the campaign did either and I can only imagine how it makes those of you who worked on this thing so hard, feel. However, Ron Paul may very well be our last chance to save this country. Let's not lose sight of this, people. Please.

Somehow or another, we've got to get past this and pick ourselves back up again and charge forward. If we do not, we're only hurting ourselves, not the campaign. Think about it.

I agree that people shouldn't "punish" the campaign for a truly stupid move but then again, should they be rewarded for a truly stupid move? If you believe that this move could change the course of the election, wouldn't you hold on to your money?

ronpaulfan
11-02-2007, 07:54 AM
I agree that people shouldn't "punish" the campaign for a truly stupid move but then again, should they be rewarded for a truly stupid move? If you believe that this move could change the course of the election, wouldn't you hold on to your money?

The Nov 5th fundraiser is also a f***ing grassroots organized event. It is outrageous that anyone would HARM another grassroots event because they were unhappy with how a rally was planned.:mad:

Sematary
11-02-2007, 08:23 AM
The Nov 5th fundraiser is also a f***ing grassroots organized event. It is outrageous that anyone would HARM another grassroots event because they were unhappy with how a rally was planned.:mad:

I agree.

ronpaulfan
11-02-2007, 08:41 AM
Can we add a poll selection for "Yes, but I understand why they did it"?

Perry
11-02-2007, 10:49 AM
Thank goodness the campaign has true conservatives running the show as apposed to the majority which includes the people here. This money is much better suited being used elsewhere.

slantedview
11-02-2007, 11:18 AM
Can we add a poll selection for "Yes, but I understand why they did it"?
I thought about that, but I just wanted to keep it clear cut, yes or no.

mika813
11-02-2007, 01:12 PM
Hi Everybody,
I would like to start by saying thank you to all those folks who have worked so hard to get this off the ground and promoted this! It is universally agreed that the Independence Mall location was the bomb, and I too was a bit disappointed when the venue was changed because of its historical significance.

Why was it changed? Because of money, well what isn't being said? I can only speculate to this, but if I was able to “twist an arm” to get someone to pay over priced cost and rates I would wait until they had some pretty good investments made into a plan/location so that it would be costly and severely damage their efforts if any changes to the plan/location are made. Now I've got them by the “short hairs” and can make demands that might be construed as extortion. Now the Campaign can not come out and make claims that they are being manipulated or extorted, all they can hope for is that if they make a stand on principle and do not give in, the support for the man and his message will not be so fickle and “fair weather” that we would jump ship. Was the Rally for the Mall or the Man? So, maybe something behind the scenes punched us in the face, did that knock us out? Will we let their tactics beat us?

I've been to two “rallies” for Hillary and Barrack promoting Dr. Paul, and one thing I like to point out to the people waiting to see those other candidates is how they are charging them for access just like they do with the lobbyist and call it a “fund raiser.” Then I brag about how Dr. Paul speaks to the people for free (as it should be) and if you agree with his message then he asks for your support, and one way but not the only way, is a monetary donation. I have to smile when I see “Sematary” make statements that continue to support the rally despite the venue change. He gets it. I hope we all do! I look forward to meeting everyone in Valley Forge, another historically significant local to the first American Revolution, the place where Washington's rag tag Army nearly dissolved, a few dedicated patriots stayed on and saved the cause. Will we do the same? I will!

jumpyg1258
11-02-2007, 01:28 PM

Says the person whom the other day claimed they were going to quit supporting him due to this. Glad you calmed down, some peeps take things way to seriously on here and just need a chill pill every now and then.